Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should states have the power to outlaw oral and anal sex?
Yes 19 10.05%
No 169 89.42%
Not sure 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Is that another typo, or are you just mad and want to get this post locked for the inconvenience it is bringing to you?
is what a typo, you not quoting me? No, thats just ignorance

Validate your claims...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please quote me what section of the platform you are referring to
http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/2008platform.pdf (broken link)
Sure. Here are some highlights form the Texas Republican Party Platform:

"We oppose the legalization of sodomy."

"Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God"

"We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit..."

"Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable 'alternative' lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should 'family' be redefined to include homosexual 'couples.'"

"We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, refuse to recognize, or grant special privileges including, but not limited to: marriage between persons of the same sex (regardless of state of origin), custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits. We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction, or belief in traditional values."

"We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such."

https://www.1888932-2946.ws/TexasGOP...T_PLATFORM.pdf

From Montana's Republican Platform:

"Homosexual Acts
We support the clear will of the people of Montana expressed by legislation to keep homosexual acts illegal."

Montana GOP - MONTANA REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM (http://www.mtgop.org/platform.aspx - broken link)

Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sure. Here are some highlights form the Texas Republican Party Platform:
The Texas Republican Party Platform, doesnt speak for the other 49 states (or 56 states if your Obama), nor the federal platform.

And Montanas platform seeking a ban on homosexual acts isnt either, unless you are now claiming straight people dont do sodomy or have oral sex.

Try again.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
is what a typo, you not quoting me? No, thats just ignorance

Validate your claims...
I LOVE quoting you! There, a good time to use caps is when you want to emphasize something. Not when you don't mean to emphasize "federal" versus "state"... unless you're back into the normal mode: back peddling and in non-sense. So, have you figured out the title and purpose of this thread yet? Don't worry, I will re-engage with you when I see you've. Until then, you may continue on your own.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Do you think that most of the posters here that think that sodomy shouldn't be banned are Liberals?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I LOVE quoting you! There, a good time to use caps is when you want to emphasize something. Not when you don't mean to emphasize "federal" versus "state"... unless you're back into the normal mode: back peddling and in non-sense. So, have you figured out the title and purpose of this thread yet? Don't worry, I will re-engage with you when I see you've. Until then, you may continue on your own.
You are just having a very hard time doing so.. Here, let me show you ho to do it
Quote:
But, you sure do have the passion for such protections in the US Constitution. Why do you not have the passion for such protections in the State Constitutions?
Now again, quote what I keyed which gave you the impression rather than continuing to embarass yourself by saying something beyond stupid..

Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
State platforms arent party platforms, and the texas state GOP platform is bs because the Supreme Court already overruled that line about sodamy as legal, almost 10 years ago.
The Texas state GOP platform is the platform for the Republican Party of Texas. I know the Supreme Court ruled sodomy is legal in the case of Lawrence v. Texas. The point is that whoever wrote the platform wants that decision to be overturned and wants Texas to make sodomy illegal. Ironically, that would be stricter than the law before it was overturned. In recent times, the law only outlawed same-sex sodomy. Also, the law made the maximum punishment a $500 fine, which I don't think would satisfy whoever wrote that platform.

Most of the actual Texas GOP politicans and candidates do not support making sodomy illegal, regardless of what the platform says. If I really thought they were that crazy, I wouldn't vote for them but I do because I am able to take the platform with a grain of salt.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Do you think that most of the posters here that think that sodomy shouldn't be banned are Liberals?
I see several conservatives in the No category. Why would conservatives want to ban something that they readily partake in themselves?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It is not a liberal premise to support laws that regulate personal lives.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The Texas state GOP platform is the platform for the Republican Party of Texas.
Lets review what the other poster said, shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Then why do they include it in their party platforms??? Those platforms are generally a reflection of the candidates positions.
The Texas platform does not speak for the other state platforms, nor the federal governmental one. He clarly said multiple platforms, and so far, no one has been able to list more than one.
Quote:
I know the Supreme Court ruled sodomy is legal in the case of Lawrence v. Texas. The point is that whoever wrote the platform wants that decision to be overturned and wants Texas to make sodomy illegal. Ironically, that would be stricter than the law before it was overturned. In recent times, the law only outlawed same-sex sodomy. Also, the law made the maximum punishment a $500 fine, which I don't think would satisfy whoever wrote that platform.
You have absolutely nothing at all, to base that opinion on..
Quote:
Most of the actual Texas GOP politicans and candidates do not support making sodomy illegal, regardless of what the platform says. If I really thought they were that crazy, I wouldn't vote for them but I do because I am able to take the platform with a grain of salt.
Bingo, because a handful of individuals dont speak fo the state, nor the federal level party. These posters are acting like GOP members nationwide are the borg, and we all speak and think the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies