Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM

674 posts, read 698,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
My father didn't overspend and make it next to impossible to find work. My government did..................
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion given that most people are still employed. At any rate the funds you receive from the government don't belong to "the government." They belong to corporations, private individuals, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 04:08 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
My wifes unemployment ran out and I am on unemployment with 2 kids and they won't give us food stamps. Not sure how much harder it has to be for American citizens. I'm not sure why I see people who are Caldian Iraqi citizens with food stamps and $40,000 cars all over the place here though. It is shameful that my dad brings grocerys so we can eat. It need to get easier for Americans to get food stamps and it needs to get easier NOW!!!! Our government got us into this mess and now they need to get us out. I was making 60-80 grand a year between 2004-2008 and now my family of 4 has to make do with 240 a week thanks to our ECONOMY. This is all ridiculous. I have been out every weekday since October looking for work and still NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! This country is BS. Things have gotten much worse since Obama. At least I could provide for my family well during the Bush years. The politicians ****ed up and if my dad can't bring us food me and the wife will starve and cps will take my kids and there will be nothing I can do.
it doesn't need to get easier to get food stamps-what needs to get easier is the employment situation.

here is a question i have never heard asked or answered by the keynesians. if keynesianism works so well and money printing is the solution, (replacing the private sector) why doesn't the government offer GOVERNMENT jobs to all the unemployed during this difficult economic time, and then pay then with this keynesian printed money.

why would they have a problem with that?

i know krugman thinks the stimulus isn't nearly enough-that might make a pretty big stimulus, wouldn't you think? as well, perhaps the highest paid government workers would be willing to halve their salaries to provide employment for someone else. that would be the kind of sharing that they demand from the private sector, and they could show us that it works.

why should people have to take charity when the government could offer them all jobs?

Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
it doesn't need to get easier to get food stamps-what needs to get easier is the job situation.

here is a question i have never heard asked or answered by the keynesians. if keynesianism works so well and money printing is the solution, (replacing the private sector) why doesn't the government offer GOVERNMENT jobs to all the unemployed during this difficult economic time, and then pay then with keynesian printed money.

why would they have a problem with that?

i know krugman thinks the stimulus isn't nearly enough-that might make a pretty big stimulus, wouldn't you think? perhaps the government workers who make over 100k a year would be willing to halve their salaries to provide employment for someone else. that would be the kind of sharing that they demand from the private sector, and they could show us that it works.
I totally agree!!!!! I like your thinking. Rep for you .

Old 01-28-2012, 04:23 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,216,280 times
It doesn't matter what the government does or does not do. The Republicans will invariably oppose it.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,825 times
Well thanks to the Republicans, we all know they are only this poor because they are lazy, worthless humans that just want a handout and they love Obama...So i say we just cut them off and let them starve to death.

We can then do much better things with the little bit of money that goes to help them, like give millionaires...You know the glorious 'job creatorers' that we all owe our souls and first-borns too...We can give those glorious 1%er creatures of baby Jesus more money! Ask any Republican/Tea Tard...this will save the world!

Old 01-28-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Oh fantastic, you have a number. How

What were you doing before?

Construction project estimator/Asbestos abatement supervisor

Old 01-29-2012, 06:18 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,087,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
You can qualify for handouts more easily as a single parent. We reward the single mother thing by giving them all kinds of handouts.

ONLY because, even though we do have strict child support laws...many courts take years to actually enforce them....leaving the single parent without the necessary support to help raise the kids.
Not all single Moms are hoes that go out and get knocked up by man after man.
Some had long married relationships that ended and the exes turned into deadbeats.
When I was a new single Mother, I begged CSE to collect the child support...they told me it would be cheaper to give me EBT and Medicaid. WTF?

Old 01-29-2012, 03:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
My wifes unemployment ran out and I am on unemployment with 2 kids and they won't give us food stamps. Not sure how much harder it has to be for American citizens. I'm not sure why I see people who are Caldian Iraqi citizens with food stamps and $40,000 cars all over the place here though. It is shameful that my dad brings grocerys so we can eat. It need to get easier for Americans to get food stamps and it needs to get easier NOW!!!! Our government got us into this mess and now they need to get us out. I was making 60-80 grand a year between 2004-2008 and now my family of 4 has to make do with 240 a week thanks to our ECONOMY. This is all ridiculous. I have been out every weekday since October looking for work and still NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! This country is BS. Things have gotten much worse since Obama. At least I could provide for my family well during the Bush years. The politicians ****ed up and if my dad can't bring us food me and the wife will starve and cps will take my kids and there will be nothing I can do.
Mr. Presley, may I ask what you receive in UC benefits? The cut off in my state for a single person is $1,100 a month in income. (that income may be unemployment or regular wages).

And the fact that you have two children and then there is your wife and yourself, you should qualify for : (usually works out to $200 per person in the household per month).

So unless you are pulling in $1,500 a month in UC benefits, you should be receiving food stamps of some amount.

Also, your children likely qualify for the free nutrition program at school, so they can get fed.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Mr. Presley, may I ask what you receive in UC benefits? The cut off in my state for a single person is $1,100 a month in income. (that income may be unemployment or regular wages).

And the fact that you have two children and then there is your wife and yourself, you should qualify for : (usually works out to $200 per person in the household per month).

So unless you are pulling in $1,500 a month in UC benefits, you should be receiving food stamps of some amount.

Also, your children likely qualify for the free nutrition program at school, so they can get fed.
I am on Arizona Unemployment which unfortunately only pays me $240 weekly.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Sure.

NUMBER OF THE DAY: 41% of Births Covered by Medicaid | NewAmerica.net

Overall -- 41% of births are to Medicaid. That's a heck of a lot of people choosing to bring kids into the world on welfare programs. Obviously the welfare life has it's appeal.

Medicaid-paid births on rise - JSOnline

Not only that -- the percent of births to welfare mothers is growing, not shrinking.

The Safety Net - Food Stamp Use Soars, and Stigma Fades - Series - NYTimes.com

Welfare mothers now are very proud of their food stamp plastic cards, there is no more shame in having children they cannot afford. And the rates births to children who will grow up on food stamps is soaring.

What happens when the takers outnumber the producers? Parasites that destroy their host will destroy themselves too in the end.

Not everyone on medicaid is POOR. There are many just managing to get by because of the economy. I know people who work 8 hours and still qualify for medicaid and food stamps (think Wally World employees)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies