Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
What I want to know is, whose money is paying for this silliness? Are the taxpayers of Georgia footing the bill?
Yes.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I have ignored this thread due to its silliness.

However, I shall now make a prediction:

Orly Taitz shall write a book.

Hundreds, perhaps several thousand, of "Patriots" willl buy said book at the low price of around $34.99.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
However...I find it more than curious that the President's lawyer boycotted the proceedings in Georgia. Why?
Because the ALJ telegraphed in his pretrial rulings that he intended to create a circus rather than conduct a hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit
Wouldn't it have been simpler to just show up, hand over the documents the judge subpoenaed and put this whole thing to rest? What's to be gained by ignoring a perfectly legal hearing other than to raise more questions?
First off, the judge subpoenaed nothing. Orly did, and when she went directly to the judge and formally requested a commission. letters rogatory or an order to compel, he ignored her completely.

Second, most of the requested documents were irrelevant to the Presidents eligibility.

Thirdly, the one document that was relevant was handed over... not to a judge that can only make a suggestion, but to the Secretary of State who actually makes the decision. And you were right. That was very simple.

And lastly, they managed to get the Republican Party of Georgia (to include the SoS) on record as Birther friendly.

Quote:
I hope the judge issues a bench warrant against both the President and his lawyer and the next time they come to Georgia, he has them picked up and brought to court. Even a President cannot just ignore the law.
Alas... an ALJ cannot issue that kind of bench warrant. It was an administrative hearing, not a court.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I think its very clear now that Obama is a fraud and the truth is finally catching up with him. I think he might be arrested soon and charges will include treason.
Maybe you should stop thinking, it does not seem to be working out well for you

Old 01-27-2012, 07:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
God bless Dr. Taitz, attorney at Law! Figures that it would require one like her that lived most of their life under Communist rule, to become this inspired to fight the good fight.

She's right about Obama.
Or to become so greedy that she is willing to ride the moneymaker this long. Have you donated lately? It's time to reach deep into your pockets again....

Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
I hope the judge issues a bench warrant against both the President and his lawyer and the next time they come to Georgia, he has them picked up and brought to court. Even a President cannot just ignore the law.

Well, it's a good thing that our President isn't ignoring any laws, then. Isn't it?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yelling in bold doesn't make you right. Let's let the facts, as they can be ascertained, speak for themselves. Fact's are slowly emerging from what may be a fog of deception.
Facts are slowly emerging?

No, it's the same "theories" that have been bandied around for the past three years. Nothing is emerging, and certainly no "facts" are emerging.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:38 AM

802 posts, read 564,177 times
Do any of you think that a government is incapable of committing a crime?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That's like saying the US Mint can counterfeit money.

If it came from the State of Hawaii, it is by definition authentic.
Not to mention that Hawaii is run by Republicans and it was they that verified, on more than one occasion, that the BC is valid.
The Birthers will NEVER go away, they gave up logic and reason in their thinking long ago, and since they know they cannot get him out of office through a fair election process they have tied their hopes and dreams to a dead horse. Kinda sad when you really think about it.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It could also be a fraudulent fabrication.
If the State of Hawaii says it's not fraudulent, then there's no way around that. All other states and the federal government are obligated to accept it as true and valid.

By the way, you never answered my question. You assert that Obama may not have been born in the United States and that his mother and grandmother then embarked on a conspiracy to say that he was born in Honolulu. But you've never explained why? Since his mother was a US citizen, getting him a naturalized citizenship would have been easily accomplished. Why the conspiracy? Please answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies