Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 09:35 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But I don't look 100%, and looks is what matter. Don't blame me. In American society white passing doesn't equal white so I don't think of myself in those terms, I identify with my Indigenous background, even if that is less than one quarter of me. Welcome to life as a biracial American. Unlike Elizabeth Warren, at least it's believeable if I say I'm mixed unlike her.
So it's ok for you to embrace your native heritage but if anyone other than a minority does it they are racists. That would make anyone who thinks like that the REAL racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 09:41 AM

62,885 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So it's ok for you to embrace your native heritage but if anyone other than a minority does it they are racists. That would make anyone who thinks like that the REAL racists.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please note the mash 123 is making somebody a profit as well as a living and paying taxes. In fact most immigrants are making some investor a profit. That is why they are being hired. To make someone a profit.

Our immigration system does need reform. I do not understand why we need to import H1b programmers when there are American programmers available. The Americans may cost more but that is too bad. The investors will still make a profit. Microsoft will not go broke if it has to pay American wages.

I can understand why the agricultural sector imports labor. Around here the orchards simply cannot find enough Americans that want or can do the work at any wages. So they import Jamaicans. This has been working for generations. What I do not understand is why the ag businesses have to import illegal immigrants. Would legal immigrants cost too much? Really?

Geez, this has been stated umpteen times! There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so there is no excuse to hire illegal aliens except for pure greed. It is not a career job for Americans but we have that covered with the unlimited visas for legal workers.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Isn't gringa a derogatory word?

This is encouraging non assimilation at our tax dollar expense.
Why come to the USA if you don't love American heritage & culture?

Agreed. If you don't want to learn or speak English in our English speaking country then either don't come here or get the H out! I wouldn't dream of migrating to another country and not learning and speaking the language of that country out in mainstream. Such arrogance!

Old 12-31-2015, 09:57 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,169,435 times
The child is 14 yrs old. She will grow up. No need to make a big deal over it.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:05 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Keep in mind that many didn't "come" to American by free will.

Also many were here before the european criminals came here.

Many others resent the USA for it's many wrongful doings around the world.. ie, Nagasaki, Hiroshima.. Iraq, "staging" of Pearl Harbor attacks, 9/11 etc..

Who ?

What?

Where?

How?

Old 12-31-2015, 10:13 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Of course.

That's what liberals have been doing for years.

They hate America.

And when they think of America, they are thinking of whites.

That's who they really hate.

Nonsense.

The usual liberal "Oh, your English is bad" post.

There is always one in a thread like this.

Wrong. This country was founded by white Christians from Europe. People who hate whites and Christians don't like that fact, but it is a fact nevertheless.

Well then, you haven't met very many of them

So what?

I spoke three languages abroad when I was seventeen. Fluently? No. But enough to get around on my own. The "Americans don't speak foreign languages" shtick is b.s. Most Germans I met only spoke their own language. Ditto the French, English, Dutch, etc. If Europeans were bilingual it was because they lived in places like Alsace-Lorraine, which were claimed by France, then Germany, then France, etc. Now, if Europeans speak a second language, it is English, because English is the language of business, technology and science.

Mexicans should learn English. English is the one true international language nowadays.

Well said.

Multiculturalism has worked out REALLY well in the Middle East, the Balkans -- er, NOT.

Liberals don't bother to learn history, which is why they are clueless on this subject.

We've wasted way too much money on public schools. By law, half of the California state budget goes to support them, and they still suck. They can't expel kids who disrupt classes, they can't hold back kids who fail. The average high school graduate reads at the 8th grade level and does math at the 5th grade level. And 30% of students drop out. Why should I pay for that nonsense. They have fancy gyms, computers, blah, blah, blah, when all they need are teachers, discipline and a library.

Exactly. Hating whitey isn't just okay, it's required.

Well said.

Exactly.

Yes.

It would be like she said, "It makes me feel black, and that's a bad feeling."

Just so.

Exactly. Mexico is a beautiful land with many resources. But Mexicans aren't willing to fix their own problems. They would rather dump them on us.

They've already been defined here very clearly -- so you are, of course, wrong, as always.

What race would Latinos or Mexicans be when Donald Trump is accused of being "racist" for criticizing Mexican illegal aliens who commit horrible crimes in this country?

Excellent point.

Latino culture is MUCH more racist against blacks than Anglo culture.

So true.

Exactly.

Wrong.

America was founded by Christian Europeans and governed by Enlightenment ideals and English Common Law. The language was English, and it was never meant to be a multi-cultural playground.

Immigrants were expected to assimilate and they did -- until recently.

They need to assimilate, or we need to put an end to further immigration from the Third World.

Exactly.

They're here to take advantage of whites.

So true. The special interests who run our government want cheap labor or Democratic votes. The American people don't count as far as they are concerned.

Absolutely. They are deranged.

Yes.

They sure can.

"No good deed goes unpunished" -- Oscar Wilde

After they've ruined the United States, they'll jump the border into Canada.

It is a nation founded by mostly English settlers, not immigrants.

Wrong.

Your saying that proves that you are uneducated.

So you hate jello, cheeseburgers, and white people.

Hey, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on your way out!
Lol, so let me get this straight. You think the country should reflect only the first people who happened to arrive and declare this land as the United States and then never ever ever change again?

Well, there goes your precious jello and cheeseburgers that you apparently think do epitomize American culture . Hope you like gruel.

I have nothing against cheeseburgers, jello or English (which I'm writing in now, did you know?). I just happen to appreciate weaving in other things into American culture. And being multilingual is only a good thing. Yes, including English.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 12-31-2015 at 10:34 AM..

Old 12-31-2015, 10:17 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Hello...Latinos are part of the "American Heritage & Culture". Go back and study history.
Yes, true.

Quote:
Don't knock someone for preserving their culture and language.
Isn't that what the English speaker was doing?

Quote:
What the hell is American culture anyway?
Speaking English for one. Others would be Liberalism. If you want to preserve the Latino culture with the Spanish empire at its root then stop speaking so freely.

'Journalists are being slaughtered'

Your culture , well, sucks.

Quote:
No, we are not all white and follow Anglo-Saxon customs. Sorry.
Actually we do. Most people have Christmas trees. I am not Anglo-Saxon. I have however assimilated. However I would not credit Anglo-Saxons. I would say the Scottish Enlightenment had more to do with it.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You forget that is was RIGHT-WINGERS, not liberals, who lampooned Warren for her Native American heritage. Besides, Warren looks white as hell. I don't, there's a big difference.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:29 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yes, true.

Isn't that what the English speaker was doing?

Speaking English for one. Others would be Liberalism. If you want to preserve the Latino culture with the Spanish empire at its root then stop speaking so freely.

'Journalists are being slaughtered'

Your culture , well, sucks.

Actually we do. Most people have Christmas trees. I am not Anglo-Saxon. I have however assimilated. However I would not credit Anglo-Saxons. I would say the Scottish Enlightenment had more to do with it.
Journalists are being killed in Mexico because the cartels want to cover up their criminal activity. Meanwhile in the US, people are STILL being killed because they LOOK different. Americans are the most pill addicted nation on Earth, the most mentally ill, one of the most stressed out, and we have the most mass shootings and serial killers in the world. Whose culture sucks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies