Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,165,953 times

Advertisements

If someone said, "I hate speaking spanish, it makes me feel like a Mexican. It's a bad feeling." We all know that the you know who's would be screaming and crying about racism and oppression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
If someone said, "I hate speaking spanish, it makes me feel like a Mexican. It's a bad feeling." We all know that the you know who's would be screaming and crying about racism and oppression.
Yes -- but "Mexican" isn't a hate word like "gringa", replace "Mexican" with the "Sp.c" word and it would be equivalent.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:03 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Isn't gringa a derogatory word?

This is encouraging non assimilation at our tax dollar expense.
Why come to the USA if you don't love American heritage & culture?
If you're not part of that club, you wouldn't understand, compadre.

What you and every other person who is scared to death of Spanish doesn't realize is that American born Latinos (especially the younger generation) are NOT Latin American Latinos and are creating their own subculture that is just a new flavor of American which happens to be spoken in Spanish, just like my English Ancestors spoke the Queens tongue and adopted many cultural aspects from their ancestral homeland but still enjoyed telling Jolly old England to 'eff off when it suited them and eventually became mainstream American culture.

English isn't a necessary prerequisite for being American and change is inevitable. The definition of an "American" is fluid, always has been and should be that way, or it will get stale and waste away.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Keep in mind that many didn't "come" to American by free will.

Also many were here before the european criminals came here.

Many others resent the USA for it's many wrongful doings around the world.. ie, Nagasaki, Hiroshima.. Iraq, "staging" of Pearl Harbor attacks, 9/11 etc..
What immigration laws were here when the Europeans arrived? Especially the Spanish & Portuguese Europeans?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post

Old 12-30-2015, 07:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Keep in mind that many didn't "come" to American by free will.

Also many were here before the european criminals came here.

Many others resent the USA for it's many wrongful doings around the world.. ie, Nagasaki, Hiroshima.. Iraq, "staging" of Pearl Harbor attacks, 9/11 etc..
Really? Please check your history; how did LatAm come to be? Hint it was NOT by a bunch of Indians; it was white "Hispanics" from Europe who killed many Indians, raped many of the younger women and by diseases the Indians had NO immunity against. Tho those diseases killed millions of white Europeans before 1492 as well.

Pearl Harbor: Japan DID attack it 1st and to end WW 2; it took the US nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki for Japan to get the message.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're kidding, right? Just the other day I was back in my small hometown in North Carolina and I counted seven Hispanics on one parking row at Wal-mart. Big deal...right? Wrong. When I grew up, I don't recall seeing seven Hispanics in that town in the entire first 18 years of my life.

The point? The point is that legal and illegal immigration has completely changed the fabric of this country. Literally millions of people moving in, not assimmilating, not contributing (Western Union baby!!), not doing anything but draining resources while putting our own people out of work.

It's a maze of a problem, no doubt, but lets not try to pretend that whatever idea of diversity you have your mind doesn't exist in the cracks and crevices of this country, including small towns all across this land.
To be fair: many people who'd be tagged as "Hispanic" ARE def "white" and, not all of them even have Spanish last names. Like Leander Perez of 1965 Jim Crow Louisiana; he was a nasty white supremacist of Spanish family so Mr Perez be tagged as a "Latino" in 2015.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
[quote=All American NYC;22787328]Isn't gringa a derogatory word?"

My quote button isn't working on this site now . Of course it's no different than someone using a derogatory term for a latino or a black person. It's political correct to degrade whites (Europeans) but not nonwhites though.

"This is encouraging non assimilation at our tax dollar expense.
Why come to the USA if you don't love American heritage & culture?"

Our government simply wants us to be multi-colonized. The colonizers immigrants who migrate at our government's behest know they are acting as colonizers and have the attitude as such.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:03 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
[quote=mtl1;42455583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Isn't gringa a derogatory word?"

My quote button isn't working on this site now . Of course it's no different than someone using a derogatory term for a latino or a black person. It's political correct to degrade whites (Europeans) but not nonwhites though.

"This is encouraging non assimilation at our tax dollar expense.
Why come to the USA if you don't love American heritage & culture?"

Our government simply wants us to be multi-colonized. The colonizers immigrants who migrate at our government's behest know they are acting as colonizers and have the attitude as such.
You're really full of paranoid conspiracy theories LOL. Too much David Duke and Alex Jones perhaps

Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Pearl Harbor: Japan DID attack it 1st and to end WW 2; it took the US nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki for Japan to get the message.

Isn't telling that Japan was building an empire in Asia and all over the Pacific and committing atrocities in line with and sometimes worse than Nazi Germany, and white Americans are the bad guy there too according to leftist? Their hatred of Europeans has gone to an insanity level. It's pure racial hatred and insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies