Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
What's odd to me, is that I was a planned baby! But family life still fell to pieces,and my dad eventually left my mom for another woman when I was about 9. This is when I started get F's in elementary school...

I don't know what it takes to keep a couple and family intact. I'd imagine it's the kind of commitment not everyone is capable of making. Funny that people still take the risk to make it work...I guess the alternative, loneliness, can really motivate people in the quest for human contact.

Honestly I think people sometimes have children for selfish reasons: for themselves. Instead of realizing that the child is its own being, and that's a big deal! Some of us may have been happier floating as One in the Universe having never left the warm colorful comfort of our Creator...lol
I'm sorry that happened but no one individual can carry a marriage alone without leaving the pricetag for it on the heads of children as well. Some of the adults in our child hood experiences serve as role models of what to be, and others serve as examples of what not to be. It's a part of being human and harsh lessons too young do mean adults have more work on their hands helping you overcome it. If it were a house fire and your dad had died, you'd require the same help overcoming it but in the case of dissolved marriages I think chores get neglected when the parents themselves are overwhelmed with grief/ issues of their own.

I wonder to myself if Steve Jobs made an effort to turn around his own relationship with his first child considering his feelings about his own birth father. I'd like to think that even though he started another family he didn't forget to parent his first child. Pure speculation on my part, but... as object lessons, the best interests of kids really do have to come first. Sometimes the best thing, when adults are out of control with themselves, is to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 12:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what i see in these many posts is its about entitlement its about personal power and freedom & $$$$, its not about kids. saying that women are all about family might have been true 50 years ago but not now.
men need to rethink marriage and family, asap. no one expresses this better than carmen jovet, who the other night encouraged mothers to coach their sons to get prenup so they wont get taken to the cleaners.
Is there some reason you can name why the 'world rules' (main street, wall street, religion & law) animate half the species at the other half negatively competing for 'supremacy'?

Any chance these RULES are so antithetical to life itself that they have made themselves unfit for civilization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies