Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "You don't need a gun, if you make wise choices in life"
I agree with this statement. 41 14.75%
I disagree with this statement. 237 85.25%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure is an opinion, though not based on fact.
How do you think I get my Ma Deuce to upstate NY (not NYC), or Knob Creek? It's called BATFE Form 5320.20. Not exactly rocket science.
It is based on fact...you even proved it....

Oh, so you mean you HAD permission to bring it through NY....so your point is what? This is about NOT being able to transport weapons, as a non NY resident though NY....I though that was pretty obvious....as long as your keeing up with the conversation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,776,575 times
why would I need a gun? I don't get it...am I supposed to be scared of something?...

Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
why would I need a gun? I don't get it...am I supposed to be scared of something?...
It is certainly your right to not want a gun. The constitution however does give the right to those of us that do

Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Disagree based on the fallacious assumption that only unwise decisions will result in a successful harvest of game via firearm.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post

Oh boy...here we go............

Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
My honest opinion is that you don't need a gun if you're not prepared to use it. I'm not a hunter, and I don't think I could shoot someone for any reason, so I don't have a gun. I don't think wise choices protect people from bad things happening. There is an element of randomness in life that means that bad things will happen to people regardless of how nice they are, or how prepared they are, or how cautious they are.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
I agree with this statement. I want to make it very clear that I am 100% pro gun rights and all for CCW with training and a permit and I am 95% in tune with the NRA on the issue of gun rights. I believe that, if you feel the need for a gun or just want one, you should be allowed to have one. If you wish to carry it in public, a few more restrictions such as being trained on the safe use of a gun and legally when you can use it (no you can't shoot the school kid cutting across your lot) and you prove at a range to an NRA Certified trainer that you can handle and accurately shoot a gun, you have every right to carry one.
But, as for the question, if you make wise choices as to where you hang out, where you live, where you shop and such, you probably will not feel the need for a gun. Here where we live, I have never felt the need to strap. The neighborhoods are safe and quiet, the schools are good and we have a police force that is prompt should there be any drama (Henderson, Nevada). If you avoid bad areas and bad people, you will not feel the need for a gun.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default "You don't need a gun, if you make wise choices in life"

Has little to do with choices and everything to do with circumstrances.

You probably won't need a gun, but if you ever do, you'll really need it.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 AM

1,282 posts, read 1,903,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You could substitute a lot of things in that sentence for the word "gun." Wise choices don't necessarily prevent a need for many things. Often it can things around you that affect you versus anything you do. It can be crime, the economy, the weather, what have you. Certainly making wise choices can make your risk of needing anything more narrow, but it's never gonna absolute. Which is why I don't want my choices restricted.
That is true too. I don't feel the need for a burglar alarm either. It would be a waste of money. The second a suspicious stranger appears around here, usually somebody is calling the cops.

Henderson Police Break Up Large Burglary Ring

Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It is based on fact...you even proved it....

Oh, so you mean you HAD permission to bring it through NY....so your point is what? This is about NOT being able to transport weapons, as a non NY resident though NY....I though that was pretty obvious....as long as your keeing up with the conversation....
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't consider getting the paperwork 'hampering', as stated before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies