Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,291,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandorangeskittles View Post
[font=Arial]It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to say hateful, derogatory, sexist comments and name-calling in a public forum.
There is also the aspect of bullying, where a callous, powerful lout with a national radio network uses it to slander and belittle a student. The man has no common decency! On the other hand, I say "thank you" to President Obama for calling the girl to try to help her recover. As far as UNC, who knows? They may be stuck with contractual obligations . . .

Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Let's say you, after paying health insurance premiums, need a $10,000 operation.
Since you can afford the 10G yourself, you tell the insurance company since you can afford it YOU will pay it...even though it's coverd by the insurance company.

You would really do that???!!! Wouldn't that be stupid?

Why do you think Ms. Fluke should do it ?
She should pay for the bc she wants because it is Not covered by the insurance plan. She knew it didn't when she signed up.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Here was the question;

Of course, you can't answer it, because the whole kerfluffle is a made up, manufactured story by the Left.

This 30 year old WOMAN enrolled in a Jesuit University and then proceeded to complain about their BC policy.
So do you have to be a Jesuit to attend a Jesuit university?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Fat people like Rush "Porky Pig" Limbaugh should not be covered by health insurance when he gets his heart attack. Gluttony is a sin in the Judaeo-Christian religion.
Okay, second to last person.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,526,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
His fans are loyal sheep with no principles or core values of their own to guide them.
Not only are they sheep. They are also parrots. They parroted Limbaugh's libelous attacks down to the cuss words.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Loving the moving goal post!
You've completely lost me. You called her a liar regarding the cost of care. I explained why $9 generic pills from Walmart isn't always going to cut it, and doesn't include the doctor's visit. There is no goal post shift, except that I showed where you are wrong, and you don't like it, so you're trying to change the subject.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
The same could be said of the Rev Wright and look where that got obama.Its just the way of the world now days that all publicity is good publisity ;not just movie stars.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Honey, the ACA was passed in 2009. The regulations that are now being discussed (not remembering the page but you can do a Ctrl+F and find birth control) went into affect in October of last year.

Also, in case you didn't see Blunt amendment failed horribly since this whole BC thing is a non-issue in the first place.

That patronizing attitude is what's making it clear even to Republican women that the GOP isn't the Grand Old Party anymore, and pushing them into possibly voting for President Obama's re-election. The Blunt Amendment was defeated in a 51-48 vote...that's hardly a "horrible" failure, and Blunt intends to continue to push for its passage. Sure, some RW women are afflicted with self-loathing and believe that their misogyny will gain them favor with the men who control the party, but their numbers dwindle as women weigh the pros and cons of the issue. By all means, keep it up...there's plenty of room in the liberal tent for women who are less than appreciative of the fact that control over their bodies and their health is at stake. They don't want their daughters and granddaughters to be saddled with a government that's been dragged back to the Dark Ages.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
If he didn't take responsibility, he would not have apologized. He's not playing the "victim" (only to you). He is right... sinking down to the level of leftists was a mistake!
Most verbal abuse and apologies from abusers have these characteristics:

COUNTERING -
DISCOUNTING-
VERBAL ABUSE DISGUISED AS JOKES-
BLOCKING AND DIVERTING -
ACCUSING AND BLAMING -
JUDGING AND CRITICISING -
UNDERMINING TRIVIALISING -
NAME CALLING -
DENIAL -

The 15 Characteristics of Verbal Abuse « Married to Mr Mean

Rush's apology actually is very characteristic of an apology from an abuser.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've listened to a TOTAL of about 15 minutes of Rush Limbaugh in my entire life. I am a social and fiscal conservative with my own staunch viewpoints and principles. Talking heads on the radio or TV mean nothing to me.
He has helped Obama many times He and others continue to help Obama and the DNC raise money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies