Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Oh, you're back. Could you quote where Ms. Fluke said she was "very sexually active" as you claimed?

I'd like to see that myself, but I seriously doubt that we'll get a straight
answer. Some posters make an effort to support their statements, while others are simply interested in making inflammatory or demeaning posts about anyone that disagrees with their shallow thinking. The posters who repeat endlessly the lie that Sandra Fluke "wants people to pay for her birth control," when her testimony was primarily about a friend who has polycystic ovary syndrome and needed hormonal treatment which the
university refused to cover in their health care package, even though the students pay for that service, are not the kind of people who are paying attention to facts...they just enjoy being as crude and insulting as Rush.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I said "" NOT EDITED"" and entire....and unless he made up a new version he IS lying about what she said.....but you keep believing him like a good little misogynist, (only a misogynist would approve the things he said about Fluke....or Really Stupid People.....)

And women are quite capable of being stupid and misogynistic also as Repugnant women have proven...
Well, you're certainly hate filled, aren't you?

Apparently, you don't disapprove of what those of you on the left spew out continuously toward us (those of us who are conservatives). You would have our free speech curtailed, but you people can say whatever you like.

What Rush called this left wing activist was very mild compared with launguage those of you on the left hurl at conservatives on a daily basis.
That is what keeps me here. I love pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you. It really gives me a thrill.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How odd. Is that from some empirical evidence, wild guess, or what?

Since it looks as though that red state/blue state map changes frequently with the political climate, does that mean that suddenly the "reds" become rich and the "blues" become poor?

What evidence do you have that would suggest that because one is a conservative, they are among the "least educated"?

My guess is that one who would make such a ridiculous claim certainly must not be educated or very intelligent.
There are only a handfull of swing states, with others have been bright red or blue for decades, if not longer.
I know it's hard to fathom, but yes, being poor, uneducated, and being a right winger all go hand in hand.

America's 10 Poorest States: 24/7 Wall St.

http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...d-conservatism

Quote:
The advertisers that have pulled there ads because of Rush's supposed "offensive" words should realize that this is the kind of person that they have decided to make their bed with. This is the kind of hate filled speech we hear from the left.

Thank you for validating a point that I made elsewhere on this thread.
Rush is an extreme right lunatic and I'm sure the advertisers knew this, but what Limbaugh has done as of late has gone up and beyond into being a completely disgusting and vial animal, and the advertisers are leaving in droves as they should.
Also nice try trying to pull a rush and "blame the left" for all your own screw ups.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Want to inform us of who these are, or did you make it up?
I would guess there are far more than 8 that would love the slots. We know he turns down some companies, and there is only so much time available.

There are plenty of companies that would not bow to the pressure from leftists (who are likely not even their cusomers) to silence free speech.

This was not about any words Rush used. It was about silencing him.

Leftists hate free speech.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
I was implicit in her "testimony" to Ms. Pelosi.
"You" were implicit in Fluke's testimony? LOL! You're wrong...she spoke of a friend who needed the hormones in b.c. pills for polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you knew anything about Ms. Fluke's testimony, you'd know that. Apparently, like you, the priests at Georgetown wear blinders and can't grasp that many women need hormonal therapy for certain ailments and not solely for birth control. Saying that Ms. Fluke's sexual history was "implicit in her testimony" is a cop-out...man up and reveal the source of your claims about her sexual activity. Or are your statements like those of Limbaugh...lies and personal attacks?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Rush has the right to say whatever wants to say. He also has to take responsibility when what he sends offends people and causes sponsors to drop off. Same with Imus a few years ago.
What caused advertisers to pull out was a well orgainized campaign by leftists from "Think Progress" (I saw the Web page calling for everyone to contact his sponsors).

These sponsors never would have left had it not been for this effort. Silencing free speech in America is not a good thing.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Default UNC urged to cut Rush radio ties

Quote:
As Rush Limbaugh continued to apologize Monday for his derogatory comments about a female college student last week, the Triangle radio station that bears the conservative talk show host's name was being targeted by some who question its relationship with UNC-Chapel Hill athletics.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/03/...adio-ties.html

Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Here's the link to her actual testimony. NOWHERE does she talk about her personal situation. EVER. She does talk about how friends who require hormonal birth control to treat medical conditions are having to pay it out of pocket, and how the Blunt bill would make it even more difficult for women to receive care for those medical conditions. She also talks about how services that provide contraceptive care for low income women are overwhelmed, that clinics are closing, and that women are turned away--that access to the care depends on what's available in your area vs. being routinely covered on health care insurance at catholic supported universities.

I'm really shocked at the amount of hate spewed at women that I've seen on this forum. Some of you have said things that decent people would never say--it's like you're feral children that grew up in locked rooms where someone threw you some occasional food, vs. being raised in a family that taught you basic manners and values. This whole conversation has been a real eye opener for me. If this hatred and fear is the view of people in power in this country, then they don't deserve to lead. I hope that translates into action in the polls in November. You might call yourselves republicans, but you are not part of the party I've supported for the last 40 years.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politic...%20hearing.pdf

Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
What caused advertisers to pull out was a well orgainized campaign by leftists from "Think Progress" (I saw the Web page calling for everyone to contact his sponsors).

These sponsors never would have left had it not been for this effort. Silencing free speech in America is not a good thing.
This is exactly right. Astro-turf boycott campaign by the Left. They've done it before.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Well, you're certainly hate filled, aren't you?

Apparently, you don't disapprove of what those of you on the left spew out continuously toward us (those of us who are conservatives). You would have our free speech curtailed, but you people can say whatever you like.

What Rush called this left wing activist was very mild compared with launguage those of you on the left hurl at conservatives on a daily basis.
That is what keeps me here. I love pointing out the hypocrisy of people like you. It really gives me a thrill.
A. See how Repugs ALWAYS associate hate with giving an opinion UNLESS it's their God Rush spewing hate for three days ...

B. Rush slandered this woman over national airwaves. That is hardly the same as calling Repugs Repugs in CD. AND in CD there is a give and take and not many people pay any attention to it (or even know it exists) anyway...

Rush wasn't in a debate, he just viciously attacked someone he THOUGHT couldn't fight back...like the coward he is......

C. HE used the tactic of trying to shut up Fluke through lies and slander...HE tried to shut down her right to free speech...

Kinda backfired
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies