Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just as advertisers are moving away from Rush, there could be just as many or more on a waiting list to advertise with him. There's only so many slots available during the program length.....for all his detractors know, there may be more than enough to fill the slots with ease.

I find it funny that people celebrate the departure of advertisers when in fact they don't know how many have been waiting to advertise on his program for who knows how long. This may be their opportunity.
Perhaps, but that was before Rush's debacle last week.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
How did she portray herself as being VERY sexually active?
nononsenseguy hasn't responded to my request that he back up his nonsense claim. Fluke, in her statements to Pelosi and others, never characterized her sex life or her own personal need for bc. She never said "someone should pay for my birth control." what she did was to testify about women she knew and their experiences obtaining (or not) bc and reproductive health services.

You'd never know that by the way Rush and the rwnj brigade depict it.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
The count is now up to twelve advertisers that have pulled out and two radio stations that are no longer airing his show.

It really is disgusting how Rush's mindless sheep herd of followers cannot admit that what he did was wrong. To add insult to injury, he comes up with his BS "apology" today, which was nothing but another means for him to throw cheap shots at liberals. Rush is disgusting and those who are defending him are even more pathetic than he is. He makes money from being a *****. His followers get nothing but brainwashed. Rush Limabugh is the new Jim Jones. He says that he lowered himself to the level of liberals - pullease, he'd have to climb a ladder to be on the level of a New York City sewer rat.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:16 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The count is now up to twelve advertisers that have pulled out and two radio stations that are no longer airing his show.

It really is disgusting how Rush's mindless sheep herd of followers cannot admit that what he did was wrong. To add insult to injury, he comes up with his BS "apology" today, which was nothing but another means for him to throw cheap shots at liberals. Rush is disgusting and those who are defending him are even more pathetic than he is. He makes money from being a *****. His followers get nothing but brainwashed. Rush Limabugh is the new Jim Jones. He says that he lowered himself to the level of liberals - pullease, he'd have to climb a ladder to be on the level of a New York City sewer rat.
Butthurt much? I mean seriously. This guy is a radio shock jock and you get your life turned upside down because he called someone a name?

I'm still trying grasp why people care so much what the Limbaughs and Mahers of the world have to say. It's about on par with those concerned with what shoes Kim Kardasian is sucking...err....wearing.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yes, but how many talk shows hosts, with a show on the air for over 20 years, never says something he or she regretted later?

Rush did say he stooped down to the level of liberals and that is true. Witness the numerous name calling directed toward Rush on this and other threads.
Rush blames others...Just can't take personal responsibility for his own actions , can he....what a weakling!

Yup. lots of talk show hosts have said things that weren't appropriate...I know one lefty who said ONE word ONCE and was suspended for a week.
Rush repeated his vile personal attack for THREE DAYS in a row......

There is a difference.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM

254 posts, read 202,723 times
It's like watching rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Rush Limbaugh may have a following, which he "panders" to, as a collective. However, I was extremely offended by his entire diatribe on birth control. All he forgot to mention was Ms. Fluke's ethnicity, no doubt, if she had been black, he would be out of a job today, not unlike
Don Imus.

What continues to astound me is his stance, he gave an extremely back handed "apology" which was just another insult, because it lacked any sincerity. He is so full of hubris, he insulted half the human race, and has no excuse for his boorish remarks.

And as for the advertisers who pulled ads? Rush claims, "fine, we have plenty lined up to replace you". Me thinks Rush should not be so nonchalant about saying the word "replace" right now. The less he opens his mouth now, the better for him.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
I think that is the liberals MO, if you don't like what the opposition says, don't debate them, silence them!
DUHHHHHHH!

That is EXACTLY what Limbaugh did to Fluke....he doesn't have the backbone to debate her face to face but resorts to high school name calling, attempting to shame/embarass her into silence...

Too bad it backfired....it exposed his despicable attitude towards women and his Repug followers as well....

Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Butthurt much? I mean seriously. This guy is a radio shock jock and you get your life turned upside down because he called someone a name?

I'm still trying grasp why people care so much what the Limbaughs and Mahers of the world have to say. It's about on par with those concerned with what shoes Kim Kardasian is sucking...err....wearing.

LOL...really you think my life has been turned upside down? Why do you care enough to come in here and tell me what I am supposed to care about? As a woman, I am offended by what he said, and I have been offended by other things he's said as well. He's a jerk and what I am trying to grasp (maybe you have a hold on this one) is why his followers have such a hard time understanding that it is not his place to call someone a **** and demand that she send him sex tapes because she feels that insurance should cover birth control. Why don't you ask them why they care so much that they blindly defend him and think that he can do no wrong?

You won't find me defending Letterman (or Maher) for using derogatory terms about women. The funny thing is it is the RWNJ that believe they have a monopoly on morality. They believe that Conservative woman are all women of virtue - good Christian woman, but liberal women (Sandra Fluke, the POTUS' mother, etc) are all loose whores with no morals and it that it is okay to say so. Funny, I couldn't see any of this coming out of the mouth of Jesus. So mean and so spiteful....

Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Like many Limbaugh fans, I've been listening for about 25 years now. I still remember the exact circumstance when I first heard his show. All I could say was, "wow, who IS this guy?" I soon found out.

Nonetheless I must conclude that indeed, Limbaugh was in the wrong in this recent controversy. Forget that the media will never hold the Bill Mahers accountable for much viler, cruder comments made about Palin. Forget left-wingers hairsplitting sophistry, such as the claim that Maher is somehow 'deeeefeeerrent,' or that it's ok to call Palin a "c**t;" that's deeefeeerrent, too. The left and MSM lie and shovel fertilizer? That's nothing new, and barely worth bringing up.

No, Limbaugh was wrong here. To refer to this 30-yr-old law student as a "s**t" or "prostitute was wrong. What is a s**t? Merriam Webster, my favorite dictionary, defines it as a "saucy woman." Nothing wrong with that. And prostitutes, I've known many of them in my time. Most are just in tough situations, trying to make a buck to survive. I've known several that did it to avoid going on the government dole. I've never known one who attempted to force others to pay for her contraceptives.

Sandra Fluke's demand of making someone else pay, non-voluntarily, for something that she wanted, is in essence is a form of thievery. So this was an insult to s**s and prostitutes everywhere. Rush, you were wrong, and you were right to apologize.

Now time to move on.
Guess listening to Rush all those years skewed your morals? Lying isn't nice....and Fluke did NOT ask anyone else to pay for her BC and if you had DARED to listen to her words you would know. She wanted (for the millionth time) to get what SHE paid for with her health insurance premiums.

And no matter what she said you would think , in this CHRISTIAN nation which is under God and all that crap that decent god-loving people would find fault with the vulgar assault on a woman who just stated her opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies