Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Because Libertarianism is impractical and limited government will not work in a country with over 310 million and counting people. That's why. Ron Paul is out of touch with reality and unelectable. He wants to do away with FEMA and thinks it's alright to allow businesses to discriminate against minorities. He also wants to cut all aid to foreign countries (including the Peace Corps.) First what we should do is slash the defense budget in half. Then we should tax anyone who makes more than $250,000 a-year at least 30-percent. That's a good place to start. Like I said, cutting taxes will not pay off the debt. It'll only make it get out of hand.

what RP says is true. businesses should be allowed to hire or not hire people for whatever reason they want. a business hiring practices is none of the goverment business.

fema has never been an agency that is really been needed either.

also if you look at it, the USA was never supposed to be getting involved with other countries problems, only when it affected the USA were we supposed to get involved.

50%, I was thinking about slashing the defense budget by 80%, and cutting all welfare programs by that same 80%, cut all taxes by 50% and use the other 30% not cut to be used for paying off the debt.

the goverment should also get up and tell the american people that it will give $1 billion tax free in gold to the person who can make green/other renewable energy cheap and feasible for use. solar and wind is just not enough and truthfully not cheap either.

in the meantime, drill until something better comes along that is cheaper.

bring all the troops home and thank most of them for their service.

get rid of all federal law enforcement except for the FBI for crimes involving interstate commerce, and the SS as they protect the money of the USA.

there are lots of programs I could cut in only 2 hours and there is no reason that the federal goverment cant do it either.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 03-11-2012 at 03:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 AM

Quote:
That's interesting, but unrealistic. Fear mongering is a very lucrative business in our society. You must've been watching Frightful Old Xenophiles Naughtily Endearing Wall Street again. I hope you realize you're proving my point across the board, and you don't even realize it.

nope, but it is the same type of fear mongering that the democrats did during bushes 8 years, and the same kind of fear mongering when the dems passed AWB94 or any other victim disarmanent bill.

go figure.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
It looks like the tea baggers are running out of places to hide.
Yeah, could be; I don't know.

On another subject, I don't think the Tea Party are hiding at all.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

of course tea baggers dont need to hide, after all usually when they are not seen about, it means they are probably at work.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
You are so insightful Mephistopheles.
Not really! He can't even spell the Tea Party correctly.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
of course tea baggers dont need to hide, after all usually when they are not seen about, it means they are probably at work.
That's a good way of putting it.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:30 AM

758 posts, read 590,918 times
Quote:
what he says is true. businesses should be allowed to hire or not hire people for whatever reason they want. a business hiring practices is none of the goverment business.
Businesses shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against people due to their religion, creed, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or disability. That would all go out the window under Paul.

Quote:
fema has never been an agency that is really been needed either.
Oh, yeah? You tell that to all the people in Jasper when the tornado hit last year. Tell that to the victims of the random outbreak of tornadoes and Hurricane Irene. Tell that to my fellow Texans whose houses got burned from the wildfires during the droughts last year.

Quote:
also if you look at it, the USA was never supposed to be getting involved with other countries problems, only when it affected the USA were we supposed to get involved.

50%, I was thinking about slashing the defense budget by 80%, and cutting all welfare programs by that same 80%, cut all taxes by 50% and use the other 30% not cut to be used for paying off the debt.
I'm all for slashing the defense budget by 80%. You won't hear any argument from me on that. We spend more money on defense than all the other world powers combined (including China.) Yes, Paul agreed we should exit out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama is already working on that. The last part is impractical. They should reform welfare like they did during the Clinton years and make it to where people can be only on it for 2 years. There wouldn't be so many on welfare or collecting unemployment period if the economy wasn't so bad and more people were put to work. Cutting taxes by 50% is asinine. Then the debt will really get out of hand. All the reason more why Ron Paul is unfit to be President. The only thing he's said that makes any sense is legalizing pot.

Quote:
the goverment should also get up and tell the american people that it will give $1 billion tax free in gold to the person who can make green/other renewable energy cheap and feasible for use. solar and wind is just not enough and truthfully not cheap either.
Gold standards are even more unrealistic because it fluctuates in value so much. Inflation would really get out of hand because gold would become more scarce. You won't hear any argument from me about the green energy, though. Solar and wind aren't enough, but they're at least making progress. They're not cheap because they only get about 10% output, and the supply is low. That'll all change when there are more in demand. Also, they should invest in tidal, geothermal, biomass, and even nuclear for the time being. In addition, I'm all for making cars run on algae which is another renewable resource.

Quote:
in the meantime, drill until something better comes along that is cheaper.

bring all the troops home and thank most of them for their service.

get rid of all federal law enforcement except for the FBI for crimes involving interstate commerce, and the SS as they protect the money of the USA.

there are lots of programs I could cut in only 2 hours and there is no reason that the federal goverment cant do it either.
We've been drilling to oblivion. Where have you been? The number of derricks drilling for oil has quadrupled under Obama. The President has no control over the price of gas. That's the speculators. Also, it's more expensive because both India and China have over a billion people and more cars on the road.

Getting rid of all federal law enforcement is about the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I like having law enforcement around to make sure my streets are safe. Law enforcement is one of the most valuable assets we have.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 AM

Quote:

They're running out of fire. Rest assured their days are numbered. The only reason they came out of the woodwork in the first place is because the President is black. All I can say is be prepared for another four years of Obama. None of the GOP candidates stand a chance not even Romney.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Not really! He can't even spell the Tea Party correctly.
I spelled Tea Party just fine. Thanks for your input, though. Let's see what you have to contribute besides snarky comments.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Obama asked for the job, he begged for the chance to fix things yet he does nothing but ***** about what he inherited while he makes things worse than they were before.

Its certainly not Bush's fault that Obama has increased the debt by a few trillion dollars.
It's more than a few trillion dollars; more like $5 trillion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies