Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:37 AM

758 posts, read 591,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
of course tea baggers dont need to hide, after all usually when they are not seen about, it means they are probably at work.
But not all of them. I know a woman who's a tea bagger who hasn't worked for years. Half of the people I see her around are old people living on social security that gripe about too much government spending and whatnot. They lament about other people being lazy and unmotivated, but I bet they'd throw a fit if we stopped sending them their social security checks. BTW - I loved how Rick Perry referred to it as a "ponzi scheme." He forgot that nobody got rich off social security like Bernie Madoff did nor were they cheated out of their life savings. All the reason more why he was unqualified to be President as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 03:37 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
I spelled Tea Party just fine. Thanks for your input, though. Let's see what you have to contribute besides snarky comments.
No, you didn't. It's Tea Party or T.E.A. (Taxed Enough Already) Party, not "teabaggers." Calling them "teabaggers" is a snarky comment.

Here is something I'll contribute since you asked...

Pres. Obama said the unemployment rate would not go over 8% if his stimulus package passed.

Average daily growth in the National Debt:

Under G.W. Bush... $1.46 billion

Under Obama... $4.27 billion

Old 03-11-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It's more than a few trillion dollars; more like $5 trillion.
Actually its $15 trillion. Obama has been meaning to pay it off, but he hasn't gotten any cooperation from Congress. Bush more than doubled it when he was in office. I love how nobody ever made an issue out of it until we had a Democrat in the White House as well. That's always hysterical.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Businesses shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against people due to their religion, creed, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or disability. That would all go out the window under Paul.

Oh, yeah? You tell that to all the people in Jasper when the tornado hit last year. Tell that to the victims of the random outbreak of tornadoes and Hurricane Irene. Tell that to my fellow Texans whose houses got burned from the wildfires during the droughts last year.

I'm all for slashing the defense budget by 80%. You won't hear any argument from me on that. We spend more money on defense than all the other world powers combined (including China.) Yes, Paul agreed we should exit out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama is already working on that. The last part is impractical. They should reform welfare like they did during the Clinton years and make it to where people can be only on it for 2 years. There wouldn't be so many on welfare or collecting unemployment period if the economy wasn't so bad and more people were put to work. Cutting taxes by 50% is asinine. Then the debt will really get out of hand. All the reason more why Ron Paul is unfit to be President. The only thing he's said that makes any sense is legalizing pot.

Gold standards are even more unrealistic because it fluctuates in value so much. Inflation would really get out of hand because gold would become more scarce. You won't hear any argument from me about the green energy, though. Solar and wind aren't enough, but they're at least making progress. They're not cheap because they only get about 10% output, and the supply is low. That'll all change when there are more in demand. Also, they should invest in tidal, geothermal, biomass, and even nuclear for the time being. In addition, I'm all for making cars run on algae which is another renewable resource.

We've been drilling to oblivion. Where have you been? The number of derricks drilling for oil has quadrupled under Obama. The President has no control over the price of gas. That's the speculators. Also, it's more expensive because both India and China have over a billion people and more cars on the road.

Getting rid of all federal law enforcement is about the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I like having law enforcement around to make sure my streets are safe. Law enforcement is one of the most valuable assets we have.

private business, not the federals business. if the company does not get federal loans, then they should be allowed to discriminate as much or as little as they want.

dont say india and china for the oil problem, they use sour crude and not light sweet like the USA does. 2 different types of crude.

current law enforcement is nothing more than a police state, and they should all be fired and replaced with only sheriffs and their deputies.

decriminalize all current illegal drugs and fired the entire dea as well.

I do not mind people being on welfare IF they need it, but having people on welfare for 3-5 generations is just plain stupid.

just because a woman can spread her legs and crank out 15 kids, does not mean the goverment owes her anything at all, except a class on contraception.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, you didn't. It's Tea Party or T.E.A. (Taxed Enough Already) Party, not "teabaggers." Calling them "teabaggers" is a snarky comment.

Here is something I'll contribute since you asked...

Pres. Obama said the unemployment rate would not go over 8% if his stimulus package passed.

Average daily growth in the National Debt:

Under G.W. Bush... $1.46 billion

Under Obama... $4.27 billion
You think that's snarky, but all the borderline racist comments made about Obama and the birth certificate issue weren't? Show me a website where you found those statistics. I hope you went to FactCheck.org | A Project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center because that's the most credible one I know.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Actually its $15 trillion. Obama has been meaning to pay it off, but he hasn't gotten any cooperation from Congress. Bush more than doubled it when he was in office. I love how nobody ever made an issue out of it until we had a Democrat in the White House as well. That's always hysterical.

the national debt did nothing but go up when obama was in the WH and democrats had both houses. seems to me the only thing they did was pass a bill that the majority of the USA did not want. the people wanted health care reform, not universal health care.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 AM

Quote:
They're running out of fire. Rest assured their days are numbered. The only reason they came out of the woodwork in the first place is because the President is black.
What does race have to do with the Tea Party?
The Tea Party believes the government should not raise taxes, should not spend more than it receives in revenue and asks Congress to respect the Constitution. What is wrong with that?

Quote:
All I can say is be prepared for another four years of Obama.
If the unfortunate happens and he does win, all I can say is be prepared for a debt reaching or exceeding $18 to $20 trillion dollars by the end of his second term.

Quote:
None of the GOP candidates stand a chance not even Romney.
A lot depends on the economy. If it stays poor, it's a definite uphill climb for Obama. Some polls show Romney ahead of him and he's not even the official candidate yet.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
I was referring to how much it's gone up under Obama. I already know the current figure ($15.5 trillion).

Bush did not "more than double it." In Jan., 2001, it was $5.7 trillion; when he left office in Jan., 2009, it was $10.6 trillion. (Figures from treasurydirect.org.)

People WERE making an issue out of it. Even Rush and Hannity criticized many times about Bush's overspending.

And don't forget... the Democrats had the presidency and control of Congress for two years (2009 and 2010). Obama "meaning to pay it off?" That's the funniest thing I've heard all week!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:43 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,698,390 times
Quote:
All he's done since he's been office is work his butt off trying to clean the mountain of crap Bush left him with only a spoon with zero cooperation from Congress. He proposed not only the Balanced Budget Amendment but also the Equal Pay Amendment, but they filibustered that just because they were being pricks. He even saved us from a double dip recession.
What does this say about a President that doesn't have the support of his own party when they controlled both houses of Congress?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
We've been throwing more money at education for years. Throwing more money at education is not the answer.
We've been throwing more money at the military for years. Throwing more money at the military is not the answer.

Now how does that sound to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies