Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

More on the NBC attempt to deceive the public:

NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy (Video) - The Hollywood Reporter

Old 03-31-2012, 11:31 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The MSM has been twisting this thing since the beginning, which is why I don't believe most of it at this point. The truth will eventually come out either way.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The truth of the photos that were being shown is that they are, in fact, Trayvon. The recent photos I've seen are a Trayvon taller and a bit older. Mind you I'm not talking about the bogus photos tha have been put out there. He did not have gold teeth, so if you are referring to that one, it is confirmed that it is not him.
You simply can't understand what I am saying. I can't make it anymore simple. I know about the actual photos. He looks 17 and not 12. i am talking about the first photos, not ANY of the others. Now you know why they should have shown recent photos. I did not need to look anyway. I knew that was not a photo of a 17 year old.

Quote:
If Trayvon Martin had all the physical attributes of the stereotypical "thug" it does not change the fact that Zimmerman had no right to take the law into his own hands...period!
That's what happens when the deceptive old photo goes out. It backfires. They also made Zimmerman look like a thug. Neither one of them look like thugs, but then again appearances are deceiving.

Quote:
I think many people are disappointed and were shocked that the Zimmerman video did not show a Zimmerman that was bloody, swollen, bandaged and staggering. This shines a light on who the real liars might be.
It means everyone is lying.I am simply not convinced this was all about doing wrong than things going wrong. For all I know Martin thought Zimmerman was a threat just as much as the other. I might hit someone following me too. Its simply awful all around. People are criminalized , try to protect themselves ,and then overreact. Makes sense to me. You think Martin want to die that night? You think Zimmerman was looking to execute a black guy all while giving up dates to the police?

Quote:
Here's the link to actual recent photos...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23617180-post3167.html
That said, he was a good looking boy and it horrifies even me, a stranger, how he died.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Just because someone is a tv anchorman doesn't mean he couldn't be his friend. I'm actually friends with a local anchorperson where I live and I'm no one special. Also don't use quote marks when you aren't actually quoting a person--I said hostile not attacking. In my view different orders of magnitude. It is very common for the DA to not charge someone with a crime because they do not feel there is sufficient evidence to sustain a charge. DAs are funny about wanting to win their cases. Also habeas corpus keeps a person from being held without filed charges.

I'm sure that he is your actual friend and not someone pretending to be your friend for fame. Since when is this is common in a possible homocide case especially when the investigating officer feels like he should be detained. Like I mentioned before I have see cases when they know they can't win but kept the person in jail because of the word of the arresting officer. The probelm is that the judical system picks and chooses when to apply these little facts and most of the time it goes against the poor, the minorities and the least connected.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Isn't that the same thing they accused Breitbart of doing?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The MSM has been twisting this thing since the beginning, which is why I don't believe most of it at this point. The truth will eventually come out either way.
Truthfully, Im more outraged at the shoddy police work then anything else that has gone on.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I thought that it was the part that he called him a racial slur, I guess he really said that then

Old 03-31-2012, 11:47 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Truthfully, Im more outraged at the shoddy police work then anything else that has gone on.
Agreed! I think we can safely assume that both side of the argument are for a comprehensive investigation and if warranted, an arrest and fair trial.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:58 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Looks like things are getting back to normal.
7 California boys arrested in attack on teen | National & World News | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

How long will it be before the media will be interviewing the mother of this teen? Not.
The boys were arrested and awaiting arraignment. The mother and her son will have their day in court. How is this related to the Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman case?

BTW..Trayovn's parents were very proactive in bringing attention to their plight. They were relentless in seeking out help.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-31-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What does 17-years-old have to do with someone looking suspicious or as a threat ?

Following someone with a gun or calling 911 is going overboard imo, but if you're suggesting that someone must be doing something wrong or illegal before they can be 'suspicious,' you're also going overboard.
No, I never said that. I will go back and find the post you are quoting, but I believe you added the word "suspicious." I was answering a post that defended Zimmerman's actions because Martin could have been a threat to him. I said he wasn't a threat because Zimmerman was not in harm's way when he was sitting in his car. I've been writing for days that following someone with a gun is where he lost his self-defense or stand your ground defense. Even our former Governor agrees.

I really don't know if people on this forum enjoy adding a word to another member's post just to get a reaction or it's unintentional. I never once said that Zimmerman was wrong when he called 911. I wouldn't care if he called 911 because he saw me and didn't like the way I was walking. If he followed me and I felt he might cause bodily harm, that would be different.

Okay, I found it. This is what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's the problem. Why should any 17 year old be viewed as a threat? He wasn't doing anything wrong!
Then you wrote that I suggested someone can't be suspicious unless he's doing something wrong. I just wanted to know why Zimmerman felt if was necessary to follow someone he reported to the police. So I guess we are on the same page, right?

In the 911 call, when Zimmerman was asked for his address, he said he didn't want to give it to police. I find that odd, don't you? I'll have to go back to the transcript, but I clearly remember that from the tape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies