Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM

128 posts, read 192,876 times

Advertisements

George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News

ZIMMERMAN SEEMS TO BE TWO PEOPLE THE ONE HIS DAD AND BROTHER TRY TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE CLEARLY HIS CO WORKERS IN 2005 THE TIME OF HIS ARRESTS HAVE SEEN THE OTHER GEORGE ZIMMERMAN.

Last edited by seogorilla; 03-31-2012 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 12:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't hear any racial slur, I wouldn't call that a "fact".

You hear for yourself, oh btw, why would his "friend" try to defend his use of the word "coon"
[SIZE=3]Did George Zimmerman Use A Racial Slur? - Ta-Nehisi Coates ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]George Zimmerman's Black Friend Says Coon Not Racial Slur ...[/SIZE]

Did you post the regulations for their watch program?

Nope, got it from the horses mouth
Trayvon Martin: Zimmerman was not following Neighborhood Watch

There is evidence that Zimmerman had a nose injury, it's in the police report, undisputed.

Nope, he reported it as being broken, but I let this one slide untill the medical report comes in. But there was no indication from the video that it was bleeding/broken

He wasn't released on "his word alone", the police did an investigation.

True, but he was still released based upon what he told the officers and the interference of the DA.

Many of these are not "facts".

Are you sure?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Isn't that the same thing they accused Breitbart of doing?
When people take links from blogs, not reliable news sources, then I can't take what is written seriously. That being said, Fox is supposed to be a reliable news source, and I can't take most of what Fox Noise reports seriously either.

Those on both sides of this story are going too far. I do agree with that, since it's become such a media circus, everyone needs to sit back and take a long breath. I mean, when I read that Spike Lee tweeted an address to his followers, I wanted him arrested. Then you've got the opposite side of the coin, where people are talking about Trayvon Martin as if he's a hoodlum. It's insanity. Zimmerman should be arrested and charged with manslaughter and then a jury of his peers can decide, based on the evidence, if he's guilty. I mean, if the former Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush, looked at the police report and said he doesn't understand why an arrest wasn't made, then don't you think something is terribly wrong?

However, we do need to wait until the investigation is complete, something that never would have happened had Trayvon Martin's parents not sought help from outside sources. I fear that the Sanford Police did such a crappy job collecting evidence (or not collecting it) that we might never know the truth. The FBI now has the evidence, but the chain of custody has been compromised, since Zimmerman's clothes weren't processed properly (as far as I know) and pictures of his injuries weren't taken at the scene. Very sloppy police work IMO.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:30 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News

ZIMMERMAN SEEMS TO BE TWO PEOPLE THE ONE HIS DAD AND BROTHER TRY TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE CLEARLY HIS CO WORKERS IN 2005 THE TIME OF HIS ARRESTS HAVE SEEN THE OTHER GEORGE ZIMMERMAN.
I just love how in the article zimmermans former co-worker says zimmerman picked up a woman and threw her, but he was 'shocked' and didn't believe zimmerman would kill anyone.

I suppose picking up a woman and throwing her is just part of normal life for georgie and his gang...

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Are you sure?
I listened to the audio several times, but it's the Saint Mary in the grilled cheese sandwich, people will hear what they want to hear. There is good video on youtube where a guy breaks down the recording using either audacity or other recording program and shows that the audio wave form supports the word "punk" and not "coon".

Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
[URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/george-zimmerman-lost-job-party-security-guard-aggressive-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223"]George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News[/URL]

I still don't know how anyone with a long history of violence was able to get a concealed weapons permit. You are only posting about one story which we cannot confirm as true. It's only based on what a former co-worker claims. Still, I do know from public records that he has been arrested for felony assault, and his ex-fiancee got a restraining order filed against him. I'll look for the article, but I read that during a Homeowner's Association meeting, a resident complained that Zimmerman was too aggressive and he even called the Sanford Police about Zimmerman's use of force. However, unless this man comes forward, it's just hearsay. I think people are afraid to speak up because of all the attention this story has received. Then there are those who will go on TV and say anything for their 15 minutes of fame. So it's a real mess at this point.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:42 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Justice is what is initially everyone is seeking, simply because racism (not just white) is alive and well in sanford fl.
And wherever people call people "white boy".

Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I still don't know how anyone with a long history of violence was able to get a concealed weapons permit. You are only posting about one story which we cannot confirm as true. It's only based on what a former co-worker claims. Still, I do know from public records that he has been arrested for felony assault, and his ex-fiancee got a restraining order filed against him. I'll look for the article, but I read that during a Homeowner's Association meeting, a resident complained that Zimmerman was too aggressive and he even called the Sanford Police about Zimmerman's use of force. However, unless this man comes forward, it's just hearsay. I think people are afraid to speak up because of all the attention this story has received. Then there are those who will go on TV and say anything for their 15 minutes of fame. So it's a real mess at this point.
I heard that as long as there was no conviction, his ability to carry a concealed weapon was not negated. The more I hear about Florida laws, the more I know I would never want to live there...among other reasons.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I heard that as long as there was no conviction, his ability to carry a concealed weapon was not negated. The more I hear about Florida laws, the more I know I would never want to live there...among other reasons.
Not to get too far off topic, but I don't see why an arrest makes any difference. As long as he wasn't convicted or didn't do PTI then I don't see why an arrest should any impact on his ability to buy a gun.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I listened to the audio several times, but it's the Saint Mary in the grilled cheese sandwich, people will hear what they want to hear. There is good video on youtube where a guy breaks down the recording using either audacity or other recording program and shows that the audio wave form supports the word "punk" and not "coon".
I don't care if he said balloon! "These balloons always get away." I abhor bigotry, but anyone has the right to use disgusting language in the comfort of his own vehicle. Lots of people in Florida use the N word, unfortunately, but it doesn't mean they go around shooting people.

I posted a lot in my earlier comments that Zimmerman sounds agitated, which he does, but I don't care what he muttered unless he said "I'm going to get that %$##. " I like Lawrence O'Donnell, but I don't agree with everything he says, and this is one of them. He could have been constipated and ate some prunes that morning and they were starting to take effect and muttered "F-ing prunes."

To me, the key evidence in the 911 tape is that he said "He's running." At least that's what would matter to me if I were on a jury. Zimmerman was in his car and saw Martin. He should have stayed in his car when he called the police. Period.

If it's true that Zimmerman felt threatened by Martin and thought he was "up to no good" as he said in the 911 call, then why would he go after him in the first place? Was he planning to use his gun? If he was just running errands and not on watch that evening (a quote directly from the police chief) why have a gun holstered to your waist? Did he put it on after he saw Martin or was he driving around Sanford with a gun in a holster? People who are coming to his defense keep saying "he wasn't even on patrol that evening and was only running errands when he saw Martin" but that means the opposite to me. I mean, does he drive around town playing Rambo all the time?

Although Martin was unarmed, if Zimmerman thought he was suspicious, how did he know Martin didn't have a gun or knife in his pants? This is why I don't believe Zimmerman's story, unless he's a complete idiot. When you follow a man whom you believe to look suspicious, as if he's a criminal, you already plan to use your gun. Like I already said, if not, he's a moron.

justNancy: "Oh, I see a man outside officer. He looks dangerous and I think he might have a gun or a knife and I'm frightened."

911 operator: Ok, Ma'am. We're sending a patrol unit to your home.

justNancy: Well, I think it's time for me to strap on my gun and follow the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies