Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 01:31 PM

313 posts, read 450,697 times

Advertisements

Every Friday I head home for work with Nugent's "Kiss My Ass" blaring in the car.

The song fits my sentiments exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 01:33 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
LOL, thread fail. I don't think I mentioned you personally, but I read a whole bunch of responses alluding to Maher and his infamous c#$% remark about Palin. I suspect because it is played over and over again on Faux News.

I actually didn't appreciate that remark, because I think it is very sexist and not at all creative, funny or original--Bill Maher on a bad day. Yet, it wasn't a threat. He didn't say "Let's cut off the Republicans heads."

Yet, the right-wingers, you excepted sir, refuse to denounce Nugents dangerous rhetoric. They prefer to bring up Maher's naughty word.
"The right-wingers on this board love to compare Bill Maher with Ted Nugent. They say President Obama needs to denounce Bill Maher.

You didn't mention ANYONE individually. You just made a blanket statement that is a flat out lie.

Your "comparison" makes no sense.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:34 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Cinebar was responding to D-town who was responding to your original post about Maher having a TV show. It's easily traceable.

I regard to the other thing: That's cool.
How about sticking to the matter at hand, instead of trying to flirt with me.
kthnxbi.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So?

When I was sixteen, the first guy I had sex with was 26. VERY illegal, and if my father had found out, I guarantee that Darrell would have been in deep doo-doo.
You deserve a rep just for admitting this. (oops - cannot rep you!)

I can't remember the age I first had sex with my boyfriend. I met him when I was 15 and I think we finally went "all the way" when I was 17. He was probably 20 or 21 at the time. We were both virgins. I'm 61 and I wouldn't go out with Ted Nugent. Yuck. Young girls always swear it's love, but I wonder if these guys didn't have big bucks if they'd feel the same way.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Well, no one really would if it weren't for the fact that one is trying to incite violence.
Did you denounce the dem party when they ran the TV ad showing grandma being pushed over the cliff? Was that not inciting violence?

Or when Obama said don't bring a knife to a gun fight? Etc., etc., etc.?

Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did you denounce the dem party when they ran the TV ad showing grandma being pushed over the cliff? Was that not inciting violence?

Or when Obama said don't bring a knife to a gun fight? Etc., etc., etc.?
I guess you can't tell the difference between the use of symbolism and metaphors from encouraging people to commit acts of violence.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:45 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Eighteen is not "under age."

Seventeen, however, IS and it is AGAINST THE LAW for a man in his twenties to have sex with a girl UNDER the age of eighteen.

There are no laws being broken if a man in his fifties has sex with a woman in her twenties. After all, another fine representative of your party, Donald Trump, is 24 years older than his most recent wife.
So why wasn't he arrested? Because 17 is the age of consent in many states. Therefore, not prosecutable.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
What part of Mitt Romney actively sought his endorsement do you not comprehend?? You on the right were making like Rosen was Obama's campaign manager or something
The person I responded to called Nugent a "spokesman for the right".

BTW, the only person who visited the White house more often than Hillary Rosen was Timothy Geithner.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
LOL, thread fail.

He didn't say "Let's cut off the Republicans heads."

I once asks someone I know who rants that the Bible should be the law of the land a question. It was when Santorum was campaigning. "Do you think in Mark where it says if your right eye offends you, pluck it out that you should gouge out your eye?" However, when a pastor stands next to a Republican politician and says "non-Christians should get out of America" that isn't allegorical or symbolic. It's unAmerican.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:51 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
IF you were to find out that what Courtney Love said, about having oral sex with Nugent when she was TWELVE, were true - and I realize that Courtney Love has some credibility issues of her own - but if OTHERS were to come forward with similar claims, what THEN would your opinion of Nugent be?
The same as that of hundreds of other rock stars dating back to the fifties who did the same thing. Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin when she was 13.

Quote:
And you do remember, don't you, that he has even admitted to having had a thing for underage girls? Do you suppose that ALL of those girls were no younger than 17? What if many of them WERE 13 or 14 or 15?

Hmmm .... let's see. What then ???

I'd run into the voting booth in November and vote for Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies