Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times

Advertisements

Months ago, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments by the Obama lawyers and the defense lawyers over Obamacare.

Some days later, the Justices got together and voted on whether to strike down all or part of Obamacare, but they have not released the results of their vote.

The final ruling is expected to be released in the next few weeks.

But for the last three months, American opinion has been pretty unchanging: They want it GONE.

If the Supremes strike down the entire law, that's that.

But if they strike down only the mandate as unconstitutional, but leave the rest, then Obamacare will die a long, slow death. Chronically ill people will continue to sign on, in hopes of taking more from the system than they put in; while healthy people (which is most Americans) will avoid it like the plague. And so the insurance companies who must support it, will be drained of resources faster and faster, until they go out of business.

Hopefully the Supremes will make it quick and merciful... for the country, not for the Obamanites.

--------------------------------------

Poll: Most Americans want full or partial overturn of health care law - Washington Times

Poll: Most Americans want full or partial overturn of health care law

by Paige Winfield Cunningham
June 7, 2012, 12:42PM

More than two-thirds of Americans hope the Supreme Court justices will overturn some or all of President Obama's health care overhaul when they announce their decision later this month, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll released Thursday morning. Forty-one percent of respondents said they want the court to undo the entire law, while another 27 percent said it should strike the individual mandate to buy health insurance but leave the rest of the law intact.

The poll showed little change in public opinion since March, when the court considered constitutional challenges to the law in a marathon week of hearings.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
What specific areas do "most people" want overturned?

Old 06-07-2012, 04:47 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
The entire thing should be scrapped.

Thanks a lot Nancy Pelosi and Bart Stupak.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

the whole law. I look at it this way, if congress cannot even read the bill being voted upon beforehand, then there is no reason to have it voted into law.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

Yes.

And then we should start working to get government out of the REST of healthcare.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:46 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
I'm ok with that, I guess... it certainly wasn't perfect and would have needed a lot of changes.

But that means we'll go back to the status quo, because that's the mantra I hear: "do nothing."

And so we'll do nothing... and health outcomes will continue to trail expenses per capita, which will continue to be among the highest in the first world. And health care expenditure as a percentage of GDP will continue to grow by leaps and bounds, putting a severe strain on future GDP. And the tens of millions with no health insurance will continue to grow. But I guess that's what we want.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yes.

And then we should start working to get government out of the REST of healthcare.
Ab-so-freaking-lutely!

The government has NO business, NONE, in healthcare or 99.99.99.99% of the other things they've stuck their bloated noses into.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 PM

419 posts, read 466,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

I'm sorry that you don't like any facet of this program, I think it has some good points to it. I happen to like the fact that it gets rid of pre-existing conditions. Having scrapped with an insurance company over this issue (I had NO pre-existing condition, they simply made it up), I think that's a wonderful part of the health care reform bill.

I like the part where you can have your children on your insurance until the age of 26. With so many companies now who don't offer health care, it's kind of nice. (Note, my children are all over 26, so no, it's not because I, personally, would benefit from this.)

I would think that insurance companies would be biting at the bit for this, it will bring them so much more revenue and business.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 PM

410 posts, read 342,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Hmmmm... What specific areas do "most people" NOT want want it overturned?

Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: We Have To Pass The Health Care Bill So You Can Find Out What's In It - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies