Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,225,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
She's already been punished. Only correction is in order. And jail as a correctional tool is... sorry, I can't type much more 'cause I'm laughing too hard!
Yes, she needs correction of some sort.

Community service in the county morgue comes to mind. Someplace where she can see the end result of excessive alcohol consumption.

Yep, it's kinda harsh but maybe she needs a wake up call. If it was up to me, all drunk drivers would have to do the same thing too.

I hope this girl realizes just how damn lucky she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
I can think of nothing else I'd want to do after working community service, than sit down with a nice cold beer.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,982,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
do you think this girl should do jail time??? i think being shot was enough punishment..but that is just me.. alcohol can make you do some really stupid stuff

Girl shot while drunkenly trespassing could serve time

She shouldn't get off just because she has a snotty middle-class facade. Equal treatment.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:37 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Yes, she needs correction of some sort.

Community service in the county morgue comes to mind. Someplace where she can see the end result of excessive alcohol consumption.

Yep, it's kinda harsh but maybe she needs a wake up call. If it was up to me, all drunk drivers would have to do the same thing too.

I hope this girl realizes just how damn lucky she is.
i do think the same should be done for all that text and drive..twice i almost been hit by a texting dik wad

Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,775,588 times
Default Trayvon 2: The white girl!!!

I think someone very high up got to somebody...or several somebodies...to inflate this case into TRAYVON 2. I see another covert attempt at discrediting 'Stand Your Ground'/'Castle Doctrine' laws.

This time, the 'victim' is a pretty white girl. The first attempt, the Florida travesty, kinda backfired, when the story turned out to be NOTHING like what the media had made it out to be. This time, it'll be so...like, "Oh, what a pretty and innocent girl....shot by those evil rich psychiatrists in their multimillion-Dollar home."

Hopefully, this one will backfire, too.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I think someone very high up got to somebody...or several somebodies...to inflate this case into TRAYVON 2. I see another covert attempt at discrediting 'Stand Your Ground'/'Castle Doctrine' laws.

This time, the 'victim' is a pretty white girl. The first attempt, the Florida travesty, kinda backfired, when the story turned out to be NOTHING like what the media had made it out to be. This time, it'll be so...like, "Oh, what a pretty and innocent girl....shot by those evil rich psychiatrists in their multimillion-Dollar home."

Hopefully, this one will backfire, too.
Maybe when people find out that one of the reasons that they had a gun was because the female doctor had been stalked by a former patient for over 10 years and that her stalker lived in the same neighborhood, they'll be a little more understanding.

Can't blame them for being jumpy.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times
These sickos just wanted to shoot somebody. They probably would have shot her in the head but I can see it now, they were uncertain about the legality of the situation and shot her in the hip, to play it 'safe.' To see that young woman, drunkenly stumbling around, as a threat is insane. To see her as so threatening you shoot her is impossible. It was a full grown man and woman in the apartment, and some drunk blonde college girl accidentally comes in, and you feel so scared you shoot her? These sick ****s should be in prison for the rest of their lives, to protect the rest of the population from their anger and stupidity.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,681,174 times
Cute, drunk, blonde co-ed comes into my bedroom at 3 am.
Not sure what the problems is?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Can't blame them for being jumpy.
Absolutely not. I can blame them (or the powers that be in that city) for wanting to press charges, though, because it would serve no purpose other than empty punishment for their own ego's sake.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Absolutely not. I can blame them (or the powers that be in that city) for wanting to press charges, though, because it would serve no purpose other than empty punishment for their own ego's sake.
Is not the purpose of punishment to teach a lesson?

I don't think that she deserves jail time per se, but she does deserve community service or a fine and she really needs to attend substance abuse classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies