Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is a spinoff from the "Why do conservatives hate minorities/poor people" thread. Granted, I think this is a question with (what I consider) obvious answer, but many conservatives here don't seem to get it, so here it goes.

When conservatives (white and black) say things like "Dems want to keep blacks poor stupid and on welfare" and "on the plantation" and claim that white Democrats treat you like slaves and brainwash you into needing them, do you find this offensive? Why is it offensive to you? I'm white, but I think if I were black, I'd be PO'd. It implies that Republicans think that I vote Democrat because I can't think for myself. and that I'm still no better off than a slave because I'm "owned" by the Democratic party and don't have the brains or resources to "escape" to the Republican "liberators."

That's my take, but I could be wrong. So does it actually bother you when they say things like this? I mean, I would think so, but a lot of conservatives don't seem to get it.

mackinac81
Give us a link so we see what you mean.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
This conversation goes the same every time. It is pointless to talk to people who hate everyone that isn't like them and think they are authorities on everything. This is all we hear - Black people are too stupid to know what they're voting for, gays are an abomination, all poor people are lazy, all Muslims are terrorists, racism doesn't exist (unless it is against white people), America is perfect, Liberals hate America, rich people know what's best for this country, Liberals are looking for handouts, black males committ all the crime, someone used an EBT card to buy lobsters and drove of in a new Cadillac, some woman thinks Obama will pay for her gas, Conservative women are more attractive than liberal woman who want everyone to pay for their birth control, Obama was born in Kenya, Trayvon Martin is a thug and it is okay to assume all Mexicans (or anyone that looks Mexican) is an illegal immigrant and treat them as such but TSA is horrible and pats down and gropes all innocent white Conservatives who ride planes but never touch liberals or Muslims who they should be targeting - over and over again. There is no such thing as listening to reason because they are incapable of reasoning.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM

121 posts, read 133,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Whatever, you can pretend that you can't type in the words "conservatives and government spending and get boat loads of conservative political websites that you can read. This discussion is over.
Look, dude, I understand: you want to debate, but only if your own biases and premises are accepted as fact beforehand. Makes things easier and people do it almost constantly on this board.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:00 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalCarpetRide View Post
Look, dude, I understand: you want to debate, but only if your own biases and premises are accepted as fact beforehand. Makes things easier and people do it almost constantly on this board.
Look dude there is no debate. There is the reality about how conservatives discuss government spending, and there are people who pretend they aren't saying exactly what they are saying.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:12 PM

121 posts, read 133,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Look dude there is no debate. There is the reality about how conservatives discuss government spending, and there are people who pretend they aren't saying exactly what they are saying.
Yes, of course, you're absolutely right. I just couldn't see it before.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalCarpetRide View Post
Yes, of course, you're absolutely right. I just couldn't see it before.
Of course blindness to reality is a problem that many people have.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
This conversation goes the same every time. It is pointless to talk to people who hate everyone that isn't like them and think they are authorities on everything. This is all we hear - Black people are too stupid to know what they're voting for, gays are an abomination, all poor people are lazy, all Muslims are terrorists, racism doesn't exist (unless it is against white people), America is perfect, Liberals hate America, rich people know what's best for this country, Liberals are looking for handouts, black males committ all the crime, someone used an EBT card to buy lobsters and drove of in a new Cadillac, some woman thinks Obama will pay for her gas, Conservative women are more attractive than liberal woman who want everyone to pay for their birth control, Obama was born in Kenya, Trayvon Martin is a thug and it is okay to assume all Mexicans (or anyone that looks Mexican) is an illegal immigrant and treat them as such but TSA is horrible and pats down and gropes all innocent white Conservatives who ride planes but never touch liberals or Muslims who they should be targeting - over and over again. There is no such thing as listening to reason because they are incapable of reasoning.
My problem is that too many blacks are stupid enough to answer their questions. I NEVER answer their questions or waste a sentence explaining my vote or the black vote to ANYBODY and especially not to white conservatives. Since when have they been owed an explanation?

They don't ask the Hispanics or Asians for justification, so don't ask me either.

Trying to give them an answer only emboldens them and they still won't accept your answer regardless.....unless you tell them what they already believe.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:51 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is a spinoff from the "Why do conservatives hate minorities/poor people" thread. Granted, I think this is a question with (what I consider) obvious answer, but many conservatives here don't seem to get it, so here it goes.

When conservatives (white and black) say things like "Dems want to keep blacks poor stupid and on welfare" and "on the plantation" and claim that white Democrats treat you like slaves and brainwash you into needing them, do you find this offensive? Why is it offensive to you? I'm white, but I think if I were black, I'd be PO'd. It implies that Republicans think that I vote Democrat because I can't think for myself. and that I'm still no better off than a slave because I'm "owned" by the Democratic party and don't have the brains or resources to "escape" to the Republican "liberators."

That's my take, but I could be wrong. So does it actually bother you when they say things like this? I mean, I would think so, but a lot of conservatives don't seem to get it.

mackinac81
The truth hurts..........so they don't like it! You know why he announced his support of gay marriage EVEN in the face of knowing how offensive it is to his black base???

It's because he knows that they will vote for him NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES! Suuurre...he knew they would ***** and moan for about 2 weeks....But they'd sit their butts back down where they want 'em!

And just like he thought.....black folks (even Christians) are back in check! Finding all kinds of rationale to make themselves feel better about supporting a man who goes against their own religious beliefs!!

Man.....that's when you know you're brain-washed!!

And look at Michelle Obama back in some church in Nashville, this week, talkin' about MORALS???? Really??

Michelle Obama speaks at AME Church conference in Nashville - YouTube

The biggest baby killing and gay marriage supporting administration talking about morality???

Hey Michelle how about those kids who never had a CHANCE TO FRIKKIN" LIVE????

Old 07-06-2012, 06:52 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
She shouldn't even have been invited to speak at that church!!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My problem is that too many blacks are stupid enough to answer their questions. I NEVER answer their questions or waste a sentence explaining my vote or the black vote to ANYBODY and especially not to white conservatives. Since when have they been owed an explanation?

They don't ask the Hispanics or Asians for justification, so don't ask me either.

Trying to give them an answer only emboldens them and they still won't accept your answer regardless.....unless you tell them what they already believe.

I totally agree. They do not want to hold a discussion just like any other bully, they believe they can intimidate people into falling in line with them. Considering the people I have come across in small towns who have to whisper about being Democrats or voting for Obama, I guess they find success with this tactic. That and parroting the same things over and over again. They seem to be living under the assumption that everyone is as ignorant and gullible as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies