Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The truth hurts..........so they don't like it! You know why he announced his support of gay marriage EVEN in the face of knowing how offensive it is to his black base???

It's because he knows that they will vote for him NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES! Suuurre...he knew they would ***** and moan for about 2 weeks....But they'd sit their butts back down where they want 'em!

And just like he thought.....black folks (even Christians) are back in check! Finding all kinds of rationale to make themselves feel better about supporting a man who goes against their own religious beliefs!!

Man.....that's when you know you're brain-washed!!

And look at Michelle Obama back in some church in Nashville, this week, talkin' about MORALS???? Really??

Michelle Obama speaks at AME Church conference in Nashville - YouTube

The biggest baby killing and gay marriage supporting administration talking about morality???
LMAO....you're all butthurt because blacks won't take orders from you and vote republican. It just shows that typical white conservative arrogance.

You're not anyone's master. Worry about your own damn vote.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My problem is that too many blacks are stupid enough to answer their questions. I NEVER answer their questions or waste a sentence explaining my vote or the black vote to ANYBODY and especially not to white conservatives. Since when have they been owed an explanation?

They don't ask the Hispanics or Asians for justification, so don't ask me either.

Trying to give them an answer only emboldens them and they still won't accept your answer regardless.....unless you tell them what they already believe.
I agree with the unnecessary justifications that are always needed for whatevertheheckitmaybe...

Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
She shouldn't even have been invited to speak at that church!!
More arrogance. You now think its In your purview to tell black churches who they can invite.

YASSUH MASSUH!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
LMAO....you're all butthurt because blacks won't take orders from you and vote republican. It just shows that typical white conservative arrogance.

You're not anyone's master. Worry about your own damn vote.
Naaah, dude....I KNOW about what I speak!! I'm a black conservative! I' know first hand how we are taught that black folk can only be Democrats!! Period! Your relatives tell you......your preachers and teachers tell you!! The cats at the Barber shop say the same things! So what do you think is gonna happen?? It's a lifetime of peer pressure and conditioning! Few of us break the chains.....

Oh....and when we do break them, we get the "TOM" or "OREO" or "SELL-OUT" labels....... ...From our own people.

But you still did not really dispute what I said.......you know it's true.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
More arrogance. You now think its In your purview to tell black churches who they can invite.

YASSUH MASSUH!

No...it's my purview (as a Christian)to say what CHRISTIANS should support "Biblically" no matter what color they are!!

The bible is clearly against what Obama wants to have MORE OF!

There are no color coded churches......find a "black church" in scripture.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Naaah, dude....I KNOW about what I speak!! I'm a black conservative! I' know first hand how we are taught that black folk can only be Democrats!! Period! Your relatives tell you......your preachers and teachers tell you!! The cats at the Barber shop say the same things! So what do you think is gonna happen?? It's a lifetime of peer pressure and conditioning! Few of us break the chains.....

Oh....and when we do break them, we get the "TOM" or "OREO" or "SELL-OUT" labels....... ...From our own people.

You could say the same thing about Christianity as well.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
You could say the same thing about Christianity as well.

Say what about Christianity?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,362 times
Quote:
This:

Quote:
It's a lifetime of peer pressure and conditioning! Few of us break the chains......

Old 07-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
No...it's my purview (as a Christian)to say what CHRISTIANS should support "Biblically" no matter what color they are!!

The bible is clearly against what Obama wants to have MORE OF!

There are no color coded churches......find a "black church" in scripture.
Another brainwashed black looking to a white Jesus for his salvation. BTW...did he save your forefathers? Hell, he didnt even save the Jews, and those are supposedly his own people. Never you mind who this church invites. It's their church, not yours.

Quote:

Again, I'm black and I could be as conservative as I want to be, and yet no one would ever call me a Tom or Oreo. Ever. But you get ridiculed as a Tom, huh?

That's got NOTHING to do with your politics. You get called those names because of character flaws. Because folks can separate real from fake....sorry. You want to believe its because of your politics. Not the case.

You need to work on that.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Christianity, just like the Democratic party, has black loyalty because many blacks never question it. Many only do it because it's tradition and most other blacks do it. Granted I have not voted republican since I moved down South, but feel that we as blacks need to have more critical dialogue about why we overwelmingly vote democrat and are christians. Especially under the conditions christianity was forced on our ancestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.