Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:29 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If most Atheists are Dems, it could be because Dems are less likely to believe the BS they hear.
They are unable to recognise the truth when they hear it. They are blinded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 06:04 AM

981 posts, read 1,621,220 times
I am an atheist, but not a Democrat. I am a liberal, though.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
There are a lot of secular conservatives, even on this forum. I'm not sure your premise is accurate.
I'm sure the premise was put forth with nothing factual to support it.

Typical self-Righteous blather, nothing else.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I have heard that most Atheists are Democrats. Go figure.
Well, "I heard" that most Atheists are Republicans.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Most Democrats MAY be atheist but that is not likely as there are very few atheists in the population. Most Democrats are actually Christians. Based on observation of their behavior I would conclude that most Republicans actually worship MAMMON, the God of Greed, even if disguised as Jesus Christ in some radical or made up church or another. I believe MAMMON aka SATAN took over the Christian world when the church started selling forgiveness of sins for inheritances or donations. Once you are selling forgiveness for money instead of actions you and your church are damned.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Or... just maybe it's a stupid assertion, based upon nothing but hot air.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
OP, you don't know that. There's no way to measure how many in the Republican party are atheists deep down but keep up the charade for appearances.

Atheist is a noun, used to describe a person who does not believe in a deity. That's the only thing atheists have in common. Plenty of people go through the motions of church and profess to have faith, when they don't, or are at the very least unsure.

Considering how atheists are viewed in this country, you're never going to get accurate figures on who really is and who isn't. My opinion is that far more people don't believe than will ever admit it.

And, atheist is not a title, so there's no need to capitalize it.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
Now I know that Democrats will accept anyone into their fold who agrees with more spending, higher taxes, more regulation and Christian bashing. (mind you, no Muslim bashing is allowed if you're a Democrat)
Yeah, cause this administration walked around holding hands with the Saudi King...oh wait, that was the GOP president we had last. Oh yeah, I know it now...we'll kiss your feet if you have oil or a nuke, but we'll condemn you if you don't.

And don't forget, it was a Democratic president who presided over the death of Bin Laden and the ousting of Khadafi.

Quote:
I'm just asserting that most Atheists are Democrats. I haven't looked for statistics yet, so if anyone has some, feel free to put them forward.

However, I have heard that most Atheists are Democrats. Go figure.
"I have nothing to back up my assertion, but I present it as a fact"
Great thread here buddy.

Plus, there's only 1 Atheist in congress and he's one of the most decorated and successful people in the entire thing. If we had more men like him in congress, this country would be better off...I don't care that he's a member of the pathetic Democratic party (I'm a Libertarian and proud of it), he's intelligent and successful. Pete Stark not only served in the military, he also graduated from MIT and got an MBA from UC-Berkeley before founding a company worth over $100,000,000.

I'd rather have congress filled with MIT educated Atheists who were successful in business than a bunch of Ayn Rand reading Christians who drove the weiner-mobile and flipped burgers at McDonald's before becoming a Washington insider.

And a point you DIDN'T make is that most redneck cultish Christians who don't know anything about science or history vote Republican. That's more of a fact than your "all atheists are Democrats" nonsense. I'd bet that there is a much higher percentage of Atheists in the Libertarian party than the Democrats because we don't need someone else making the rules for us to live our lives...which is what Christians let a silly book of fairy tales and a man in a funny hat do.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 AM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
Are you smart enough to know that Obama is shoving America into an economic crap hole, and that your children are in debt before they are even born?
First of all, the economic craphole we've been shoved into began during the Reagan era with the cutting of the Capital Gains tax and deregulation of the markets, then by the starting of two insanely costly wars while also cutting taxes on the rich even further. That's what the economic craphole is all about. Since Obama was elected, the country has improved, not gotten worse. We've actually done better than basically everywhere else in the world. Our stock market is pushing towards all-time highs. So while I didn't vote for Obama and wont vote for him in November, the country has been much better off with him than it was with Bush.

Quote:
You will eventually get your way. Crosses will be taken out of our National Parks. But to hinge your desire for that over our economic health is not necessarily smart.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Why the hell do people want crosses in national parks? You do realize that a cross is the sign of death, right? I mean, your magical man died on one of those things, why do you want them everywhere? My grandpa died in a hospital bed, but you don't see me putting monuments of his pee-stained bed everywhere.

Quote:
I'm not telling you how to believe. That's up to you.
You are. You people always do. You try to force your silly superstitions on us. You use your religion to justify institutional discrimination, like Proposition 8 in California, you use your silly religion to even justify Marijuana laws somehow (cause any true Christian should be disgusted by government making a creation of "god" illegal), you want to take away Women's rights, you even somehow turn rape into a political topic, you force us to debate undebatable facts like climate change as caused by man and evolution, you want to force us to recite the Pledge of Allegiance with "under god" in it, you put "god" all over our money...do I need to go on?

Quote:
Equally, you can't stop free people from being religious.
Duh. But your silly superstitions shouldn't encroach my life...and they do. You people try to impose your beliefs on everyone and then you act as if you don't. I'm glad that Atheism is starting to become more mainstream and acceptable.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
OP, you don't know that. There's no way to measure how many in the Republican party are atheists deep down but keep up the charade for appearances.

Atheist is a noun, used to describe a person who does not believe in a deity. That's the only thing atheists have in common. Plenty of people go through the motions of church and profess to have faith, when they don't, or are at the very least unsure.

Considering how atheists are viewed in this country, you're never going to get accurate figures on who really is and who isn't. My opinion is that far more people don't believe than will ever admit it.

And, atheist is not a title, so there's no need to capitalize it.

I don't think that Republicans keep up a charade for appearances.

This is a statement from a Gallup Poll.

"There's no way to tell. Atheists in the USA are more reluctant to say so than in most of the rest of the West, because in some parts of the USA it is a stigma. You can get a minimum number by using polls, but the real number would be higher.

Gallup have done some surveys on this. For example:
Republicans, Democrats Differ on Creationism
shows that Republicans are more likely to believe in young-earth creationism - 60% of them. Whereas only 38% of Democrats shared that view."

What percentage of democrats are atheist

I would also argue that -- if people with high IQ's settle into the idea that the ideology put forth by Democrats is "smart": then people with high IQ's are not so smart.

Atheists are now pushing for religious "symbols" to be removed from the public eye. It offends them. Sounds like the Democratic Party to me.

Even a person with a high IQ can see that there are no jobs.

It seems that Democrats have a problem in this election. The candidates are neck and neck. That's because Obama has only hurt our economy. Some people put faith in God, some people put faith in government, some people put faith in environmentalism ..... if Atheists put faith in Obama they are not so wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies