Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Here's a wonderful lesbian couple that has taken in three special needs children. Unfortunately as they care for these children, they are also having to fight for the right to adopt them because of legalized bigotry in the state of Michigan.

Gay couple challenging Michigan's ban on adoptions by unmarried same-sex partners | News - Home
Not every state is like that so maybe they could move, as long as we still have the right to change locations when we desire. I have to wonder if adoption is their major want.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 PM

489 posts, read 621,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Did you know that less then 10% of children put up for adoption find families? The rest end up being a financial burden on the "welfare" (for various definitions of welfare,) system.
Not sure where you heard that, but that is patently false. Newborns that are "put up" for adoption in this country? I would say that 99% of them very quickly are welcomed into permanent homes. Now, older children with significant behavioral problems due to abuse and neglect....that IS another ( very sad) story. But, no, newborns, even special needs newborns, who are placed for adoption are not languishing without homes. And, this thread is about abortion and alternatives to it....so if a mother chose to carry a baby and put it up for adoption, we would be talking about an easily "placable" newborn, not an older hard to place child.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And the kid loses.
Hooray, you win.
Well, let's be honest here, this issue is not, and never really was, about the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I won't be as rude and crude as some responders have been. But, I will remind you that asking someone a question is part of free speech. The people asked DIDN'T have to answer if they didn't want to. They freely responded.
Free speech to leaners is only permitted when it is them that is doing the speaking.

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not every state is like that so maybe they could move, as long as we still have the right to change locations when we desire.
Why should people have to move to another state? Certainly things like this ought to be federally determined.

Quote:
I have to wonder if adoption is their major want.
You have absolutely no basis for that judgement, Roy.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:33 PM

489 posts, read 621,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, let's be honest here, this issue is not, and never really was, about the kids.
I am being honest, and yes, for me, it is.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

When you the OP has volunteered at the food bank, with foster children, in women's shelters, etc. then come back and tell us you have devoted equal time to those in need of care, .
This is excellent advice OP. I hope you take it.

You're young and full of passion for what you are doing. I get that. But being truly "pro life" is a LOT more than just public displays of piety. Being pro life is feeding the hungry and taking care of people in need. Did Christ hold up a sign or did He physically minister to those in great need? (And you can pray just fine while cutting up sandwiches and ladling out soup. Get it? God is going to hear you as much at the women's shelter as he is on the sidewalk.)

Old 09-08-2012, 01:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Yes!!!!! In fact, my husband and I want to do this. Adoption is very expensive ( such a shame, but it is) and so we are talking about how to fund that so we can be open to just what you suggest. You would be surprised, though to know how many people wait years for a baby. There are not as many newborn babies up for adoption in this Country as one might think. Especially white, healthy, non drug exposed babies .

I believe we need to create more of a culture of adoption in this country, so it is seen as a very positive thing, and there is no stigma attached to it.
And that's all that you want.
Good go.

I'll stop here, there's a TOS I must adhere to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
But, what about the babies? They did no wrong. I don't like immoral behavior any more than it sounds like you do, but once the deed is done, and a baby is created, let's help that mom and baby.
Fetus =/= baby.

Probably doesn't matter unless it's "newborn babies up for adoption in this Country as one might think. Especially white, healthy, non drug exposed babies".

Old 09-08-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Did you know that less then 10% of children put up for adoption find families? The rest end up being a financial burden on the "welfare" (for various definitions of welfare,) system.
Are you also saying that abortion is a form of birth control? Yes, you surely did say that but I doubt you meant it. With all the talk I hear about women and their rights with their bodies one would think that abortion is not at all a form of birth control.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
After making this post please explain that you aren't interested in abortion for population control only.
Happy to, Roy. It's about forcing people who don't have the financial means or the ability to care for a child to have that child anyway, and then simply walking away and washing their hands of the entire matter once the child is born and they are struggling to support and/or care for it. Do you get it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies