Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
No. You were also saying "it would be wise to wait..." You were trying to correct my asessement of the TRANSCRIPTS in the pdf file in the link. You were, and are for that matter, trying to be cute and intellectual by putting people down.

Transcripts of the pleadings would be a correct term, if you must. However, you are, once again just trying to be intellectually superior to others, by splitting hairs. As I said, if just reading those transcripts (assuming they are correct) Zimmerman IS going to collect large sums of money.

I don't care if you are an attorney or not. You are basically a self righteous jackass, who does not comprehend what they read. Not too mention, as someone else pointed out: A person with an agenda. Your bias is completely obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You've been wrong so many times I'm surprised you even post about this case anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Not intimidated just aware that truly disinterested parties usually don't become full time advocates in legal cases. And the goal isn't necessarily to influence the jury directly but the all important news media. Today's lazy journalists spend a lot of time online doing Google searches etc. The criminal case is a prelude to the main attraction: the multimillion dollar lawsuits to follow.
Sorry but it just isn't plausible that a person would devote that much time and effort trying to sway public opinion unless there is a financial interest.
And we all know that someone in the legal profession would NEVER lie!
Applause and reps for each of you. Some people think tons of words and condescension will cover up being proven wrong over and over.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
I don't see how anyone, who actually reads that lawsuit transcript (assuming it is correct) can believe George Zimmerman is NOT going to win this lawsuit. It was obvious NBC set him up and made every allegation in the lawsuit true. If not, the two reporters would not have been fired for their bad reporting.

Simple fact here: NBC (and others) made statements and claims, about Zimmerman which were false. Those false statements are what has stuck in the minds of the general public, convicting Zimmerman, without the full, unbiased facts.
Actually, I see no reason to believe this. The full police tape makes it very clear that:

1) Zimmerman suspected that Martin was doing something illegal, and that he had no reason to suspect this,

2) Zimmerman frightened and pursued Martin.

It's true that tapes shouldn't be selectively edited, but there isn't much in the tapes that actually damaged his public reputation. At most, one could claim that the edits make him out to be a racist, more than the unedited tapes do. But he isn't alleged to be a klansman who actively desired to murder a black person (which would be first degree murder), he's alleged to be a person who let his poor judgements get the better of him, and who then decided to chase after, and eventually shoot, a person who was simply walking down the street - which is exactly what he's being charged with based on the full tape.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
No. You were also saying "it would be wise to wait..." You were trying to correct my asessement of the TRANSCRIPTS in the pdf file in the link. You were, and are for that matter, trying to be cute and intellectual by putting people down.

Transcripts of the pleadings would be a correct term, if you must. However, you are, once again just trying to be intellectually superior to others, by splitting hairs. As I said, if just reading those transcripts (assuming they are correct) Zimmerman IS going to collect large sums of money.

I don't care if you are an attorney or not. You are basically a self righteous jackass, who does not comprehend what they read. Not too mention, as someone else pointed out: A person with an agenda. Your bias is completely obvious.
^^^^^lol^^^^^this^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You've been wrong so many times I'm surprised you even post about this case anymore.
^^^^^lol^^^^^this^^^^^

Old 12-07-2012, 04:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
In a related matter....

All the burglaries and break in's stopped the day Trayvon, took his last breath.
WOW!

Just say'n

Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In a related matter....

All the burglaries and break in's stopped the day Trayvon, took his last breath.
WOW!

Just say'n
You need evidence.

It's remarkable how Zimmerman fans make improbable statements, and expect everyone to believe them. Sorry, but Martin has not been linked to any crime in the area prior to his encounter with Zimmerman.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
When can Trayvon's parents start suing Rush, Fox and the rest of the right-wingers for portraying their son as a drug-addicted founding member of the Crips & Bloods?
Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing

Old 12-07-2012, 04:55 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing
Except nobody said that.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Lawyers don't work for free on cases like this. They may work on a contingency basis, where they get a LARGE percentage of whatever award the Plaintiff may win. Plus costs. Do you know what it means for a lawyer to take a case on a contingency basis? Who do you think pays for all the investigation and depositions, etc? Btw, I don't care about this civil suit at all. Let them fight it out, settle, whatever. I'm more interested in the criminal case.
The Beasley Firm has won the largest judgement ever against a single individual, $907 million.
There will be plenty of money left to go around after they dip into the deep pockets of NBC.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 12-07-2012 at 05:28 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Except nobody said that.
People in this very thread have accused Martin of being responsible for all crime in Sanford, so you are clearly wrong.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
George Zimmerman sues NBC Universal over edited 911 call - CNN.com

Good. I hope he wins a fortune. The MSM was instrumental in shaping, directing and it now appears, even manufacturing the news.

I was in Florida on an unrelated matter for a good part of this mess and while the facts of the case were awful enough, the media was instrumental in spreading a message of poison that inflamed and made everything so much worse than it already was.

I hope Zimmerman's lawyers get rich off NBC.

They can't get rich because what NBC said was the honest to GOD truth.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies