Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm surprised he made such a grammatical error, then.

Quote:
I don't have to read the transcript. I heard the speech.
these two statements don't agree with each other

Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Good for him! I hope he lets it go to jury as well!
They'll settle. Could you imagine NBC execs, producers, editors etc. getting drug up before the court and then finding out that one of them was told to "spice it up"....or an email comes out?

I expect that he is doing this to raise money for his legal defense and there will be a private settlement with no admission of wrongdoing blah blah blah.....in a few months tops.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times
OH MY, it is not just the lawsuit. It is who is representing him in this lawsuit.
Dee p Dee P pockets. And this is just the first of many to have a suit filed. NBC will be the prime for the pump. They will most likely lose and in doing so reveal their defense strategy and the others will fold.

"The Beasley Firm" is now who is working with their money behind the scenes. Several multi-million dollar wins, handled the victims 9-11 reward and many others.

Angela Corey's strategy of over-chargin to force a plea also went,.. buh bye. Many aspects cooking now, the addition of a deep pocket legal team, their vested interest in the case and bank rolling the thing, game changer. With behind the scenes action on the Federal and State level to cover their butts, those that can are steeping into the shadows to leave the scheme team, and media to their own created mess.

It appears the Fed gov is realizing that this case is going to be thrown out or George is a shoe in to be acquitted. The gov has/is dispatching a team of racial mediators to "prepare" the public for the outcome.

The Beasley Firm is a serious group.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Obviously because he, himself, is a parent, so it may have been more personal to him, as it probably was with many parents.

Regardless of what haters think, the president IS human, or do you not think so?
Pffffffffffffffffffffff. I have never, ever looked at an image of a dead body and said, or even thought, that it looked like my son or daugher or any relative or loved one. Never. Not once. You know why? None of them have ever looked like anybody I knew.

What a completely moronic defense for an utterly stupid statement.

Your president is an idiot. Deal with it.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pffffffffffffffffffffff. I have never, ever looked at an image of a dead body and said, or even thought, that it looked like my son or daugher or any relative or loved one. Never. Not once. You know why? None of them have ever looked like anybody I knew.

I have, it is a scary feeling. I hope you never have to experience it; no one should have to feel that gutted.

I'm not an Obama fan and I do think his words did nothing to settle the circus that surrounded the case, and in reality probably flamed it, but I do understand his reaction. I'm not one to throw the race card very often but this one of those times when race may explain our different reactions.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
OH MY, it is not just the lawsuit. It is who is representing him in this lawsuit.
Dee p Dee P pockets. And this is just the first of many to have a suit filed. NBC will be the prime for the pump. They will most likely lose and in doing so reveal their defense strategy and the others will fold.

"The Beasley Firm" is now who is working with their money behind the scenes. Several multi-million dollar wins, handled the victims 9-11 reward and many others.

Angela Corey's strategy of over-chargin to force a plea also went,.. buh bye. Many aspects cooking now, the addition of a deep pocket legal team, their vested interest in the case and bank rolling the thing, game changer. With behind the scenes action on the Federal and State level to cover their butts, those that can are steeping into the shadows to leave the scheme team, and media to their own created mess.

It appears the Fed gov is realizing that this case is going to be thrown out or George is a shoe in to be acquitted. The gov has/is dispatching a team of racial mediators to "prepare" the public for the outcome.

The Beasley Firm is a serious group.
The Zimmerman criminal case is NOT, repeat, NOT a federal court case. It is a state court case. The feds never charged George with anything.

Btw, what does "steeping into the shadows" mean?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Heavy hitting lawyers won't change the fact he will be convicted.
You are confusing the laws of a normal state with that of the stand your ground laws passed in FL and other places.

I would recommend doing some reading as there have been VASTLY more egregious encounters than Zimmermans leading to acquittal because of these laws.

Heck Daniel Adkins killer (arizona within 3 weeks of TM's killing) never had charges brought against him and the unarmed victim never touched the guy, had no wheapon and the guy rolled down his window and shot him from the safety of his car.

Let that sink in. Now you still sure he's going to jail? I'm not.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Please stop hijacking the thread guys. Can we just friggin' once have a thread where we stick to the topic and not have to hear about obama this or obama that? You have 1000 other threads to do that it.....thanks!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
http://www.washingtonpost.com/r/2010...n-NBC-suit.pdf

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
So those are the allegations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies