Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times

Advertisements

NBC is the scumbag of the mainstream media...like clown Obama is the scumbag of human beings.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????

I doubt the President looked at a death photo. He probably saw the same photos we all saw. Why would you think that? What a morbid thing to imagine.

Does our humanity only kick in when someone looks like us? We cannot be empathetic to peoples of other races or who 'don't look like us'? Let me clue you in...MOST people feel empathy for others, no matter what their race or color. But then again, you don't have children, so you wouldn't know anything about how that could change a person via the bond between parent and child.

I suppose you don't know very many people, then, what can I say...

Lastly, President Obama is not an idiot and he is your president, too. Deal with THAT.
My children are dead.

Deal it that!

And no, the moron isn't my president. I make sure I don't have to pay a single cent for him and his welfare critters. And I'm loving it!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I hope( and he probably will) he gets a nice chunk of change from MSNBC and the local prosecuting attorneys. But I expect he'll have to fork over a good bit of that to the parents of Trayvon. I think that while the DA has butchered the case against him and he'll probably walk, he may still be found liable in a civil lawsuit for negligence and unnecessary use of force.
After the lawyers get their share he might have a few million left.
Do you know what elements are involved in malicious prosecution? How about you letting us know what "malicious prosecution" means (legal definition) and the elements which must be proven.

Zimmerman will NOT get one penny from the State of Florida for any "malicious prosecution." I think a lot of you guys simply don't know what your talking about legally.

You might also think about what the damages (legally) might be to Zimmerman and what that would be worth. I certainly may be wrong but I don't think this guy is going to get rich for killing a kid in the neighborhood.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I don't think it's called a transcript; I think what you're reading may be the Pleadings. And perhaps it would be wise to wait and read the responses filed by NBC before being so certain. Those are all ALLEGATIONS / COMPLAINTS filed in the initial pleadings. They have to be proven.

You know, if all this "lawyering" stuff were so simple, I don't think people wanting to practice law would have to go to law school, then pass the bar for a license, and then be required to do continuing education classes, and that just anybody on the streets who could read would be able to go into court and represent themselves adequately. Well, of course anybody legally can represent themselves in court, (but not others), and maybe that's why there's that old saying that anybody who represents himself in court has a fool for a client.
And obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong point, now is it? Did you not read where I said "assuming what is in the transcript is correct?" I guess you did not in your over zealous attempt at convicting Zimmerman.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are confusing the laws of a normal state with that of the stand your ground laws passed in FL and other places.

I would recommend doing some reading as there have been VASTLY more egregious encounters than Zimmermans leading to acquittal because of these laws.

Heck Daniel Adkins killer (arizona within 3 weeks of TM's killing) never had charges brought against him and the unarmed victim never touched the guy, had no wheapon and the guy rolled down his window and shot him from the safety of his car.

Let that sink in. Now you still sure he's going to jail? I'm not.
Adkins was in Arizona. This is Florida. Bottom line is that the State Attorney or District Attorney (elected prosecutor) gets to decide whether or not they have a case they can win and whether or not to file charges. Clearly, the prosecutor in Arizona AT THIS TIME has chosen not to file charges. I don't believe Zimmerman's lawyer is going to request a stand your ground hearing in this case. I'll have to research that again, but I believe he has said they will not ask for one. They have however filed the affirmative defense of self defense, so at the trial Zimmerman will have to put on evidence of self defense.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And obviously reading comprehension isn't your strong point, now is it? Did you not read where I said "assuming what is in the transcript is correct?" I guess you did not in your over zealous attempt at convicting Zimmerman.
I was correcting your use of the word transcript to describe the Pleading. Actually, indeed, reading and writing are my strong points.

Usually the word transcript is used to describe typed up transcription of testimony or conversations. I've never heard the word transcript used to describe pleadings, motions, etc.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
I was correcting your use of the word transcript to describe the Pleading. Actually, indeed, reading and writing are my strong points.

Usually the word transcript is used to describe typed up transcription of testimony or conversations. I've never heard the word transcript used to describe pleadings, motions, etc.
No. You were also saying "it would be wise to wait..." You were trying to correct my asessement of the TRANSCRIPTS in the pdf file in the link. You were, and are for that matter, trying to be cute and intellectual by putting people down.

Transcripts of the pleadings would be a correct term, if you must. However, you are, once again just trying to be intellectually superior to others, by splitting hairs. As I said, if just reading those transcripts (assuming they are correct) Zimmerman IS going to collect large sums of money.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-08-2012 at 04:20 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not others

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
You could not possibly be more wrong in re malicious prosecution. He's not going to be a rich man. If he gets out of this thing he is going to owe TONS OF ATTORNEY'S FEES.

Btw, do you even know the elements of "malicious prosecution" as a crime in Florida? This is not a federal case.
You've been wrong so many times I'm surprised you even post about this case anymore.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,306 times
Not intimidated just aware that truly disinterested parties usually don't become full time advocates in legal cases. And the goal isn't necessarily to influence the jury directly but the all important news media. Today's lazy journalists spend a lot of time online doing Google searches etc. The criminal case is a prelude to the main attraction: the multimillion dollar lawsuits to follow.
Sorry but it just isn't plausible that a person would devote that much time and effort trying to sway public opinion unless there is a financial interest.
And we all know that someone in the legal profession would NEVER lie!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
No. You were also saying "it would be wise to wait..." You were trying to correct my asessement of the TRANSCRIPTS in the pdf file in the link. You were, and are for that matter, trying to be cute and intellectual by putting people down.

Transcripts of the pleadings would be a correct term, if you must. However, you are, once again just trying to be intellectually superior to others, by splitting hairs. As I said, if just reading those transcripts (assuming they are correct) Zimmerman IS going to collect large sums of money.

I don't care if you are an attorney or not. You are basically a self righteous jackass, who does not comprehend what they read. Not too mention, as someone else pointed out: A person with an agenda. Your bias is completely obvious.

I still think you're incorrect about calling the pleadings transcripts. Haven't you posted that you're in law enforcement? Certainly you know what a transcript is.

My agenda here is to read and post in threads that interest me. The Zimmerman case is interesting to me. Threads about homeless and the working poor and the unfortunate interest me. Some of the politics threads I find interesting. Obama hate threads not so much. Threads about the economy and the national debt, not so much. So I guess those are some of my biases. Do you post in thread which are of no interest to you?

As for Zimmerman, well, I have an opinion, but I know very well that I cannot predict what a jury will do; as a person in law enforcement, you should also well know that juries are unpredictable.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-08-2012 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: response to deletion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies