Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In addition to felony murder, maybe they chould be charged with child endangerment.
Absolutely they should. Can you imagine any mother taking their kids on a crime spree.

Babysitters must be hard to find.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I hate to burst your little bubble and your make believe world of right and wrong, but, an officer of the law is never off duty... He is on duty 24 hours a day. Trying to get away from a bullet is just plain ignorance. If someone pulls out a gun, I guarantee you, you will NOT out run a bullet.
The part in bold is absolutely right , but the sheriff was incompetent in his actions never the less " never shot into a car with babies in it " FOR THE CRIME OF SHOPLIFTING "....

Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
A security guard is not a police officer. I understand his regular job is a sheriff, but at the time of the shooting he was not performing his police duties. He was in the employ of Walmart.

I am sure it was not her intent to 'run him over'. He put himself between the open door of the car (which apparently he grabbed so the driver could not close it) and the car itself. If someone has a gun in my face I'd be scared and try to get away, also.

It's his fault. He should not have put himself in harms way.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or just trying your hand at comedy.

SUCCESS: You got me laughing!

Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
did anyone bother to read the article ? Those kids were not her kids.
Yup, they were not her kids, and she was not the one driving. She was not innocent of crime, but shoplifting usually is not a death penalty at the scene offense.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm constantly amazed at how all the supposed freedom loving conservatives on this board go into paroxysms of delight over someone being summarily executed at the hands of a government employee without benefit of due process.

Amazed.
I am constantly amazed the someone thinks that about to get run over is OK, but shooting the person trying to kill them is "Summary Execution".

It's called self preservation. The person who was shot, chose to put the car in reverse, and attempt to run over someone.

Personally, I see it as suicide by Cop.

Had the person who threw the car in reverse and attempted to run the Sheriff over, simply placed the car in park, and allowed the search and arrest to take place, you and I wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Yup, they were not her kids, and she was not the one driving. She was not innocent of crime, but shoplifting usually is not a death penalty at the scene offense.
No but assault with a vehicle can get you killed.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Scared men and hero complexes.....did you ever think crime is going down because of this? I would never expect you to understand that....not with your mindset....notice how crime goes down when the State is a "carry" state....but you would never believe that either....

So, tell us why the crime rate is dropping?

The crime rate is dropping in Non-CCW States " ROCKET SCIENTIST "......

Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
I'm sorry. You don't chase shoplifters out to their car in an open parking lot. That's what the store videos and writing down the license plate is for. He should never have put himself into the position to have to shoot a shoplifter.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
The part in bold is absolutely right , but the sheriff was incompetent in his actions never the less " never shot into a car with babies in it " FOR THE CRIME OF SHOPLIFTING "....
Do you know that he was even aware of the childrens presence in the car? When he shot, the crime was no longer JUST SHOPLIFTING...It had escalated to attempted vehicular murder as well as shoplifting. The shoplifting was not a serious offense, but the attempted vehicular murder is a felony..

Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I'm sorry. You don't chase shoplifters out to their car in an open parking lot. That's what the store videos and writing down the license plate is for. He should never have put himself into the position to have to shoot a shoplifter.
He didn't "put himself into the position to have to shoot a shoplifter". The driver put him in that position when she attempted to run him over with her car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies