Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,307,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ever see a mass shooting at a gun show?

The question has been asked over and over and not one person here has had an answer.
Define: Assault Weapon.

My foot is an assault weapon, when placed up someones ass.
I did try to answer by posting an article re the difference between assault rifle, assault weapon and rifle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 09:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
My point was more that Australia and NZ's overall low levels of gun violence throughout history is due to the fact that we have never had a gun culture like you do there. Thus, I am trying to point out that if your gun pals are saying that the gun buyback has resulted in criminals thinking "Gee, home break-ins will be far easier now because I can now use my illegal guns to attack Mr and Mrs Average since they've had to give all their guns back" then that is crap because the majority of Mr and Mrs Averages never had guns in their homes before the gun buyback.

However, you will note above that I have conceded that because of the difference in culture when it comes to guns, the US may need to take different approaches to other countries.

I also have sisters one a MD, and she packs a Smith and Wesson S&W .357 every day, since druggies think nothing of knocking off the hospital pharmacies in the USA.

And that's freedom eh. The freedom to take guns to work because of being in danger of being attacked by others with guns. Though I also work in the medical field and some of the places I've worked have been right in the middle of drug addict territory, I've never felt particularly concerned about being attacked by drug addicts with guns.

The difference being, our US Constitution and the reasons we fought for freedom.
Every US citizen is sovereign, under our Constitution. That means each citizen, has the same power as any ruler in the world, including our own President. It is called Individual Liberty, under We The People. Not, I tell you what to do and when, by me the King, or be punished.
Each individual has the right to defend him or her self, against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Defend, not attack. Just because they may be your enemy, does not mean you go kick butt. It means you defend yourself when under physical attack.

Oppression by a centralized government, a ruler and a control freak, is in no way liberty.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
First off we gun owners are causing most of our own problems. Many of us are cutting off our nose to spite our face. Those among us who will not go along with any regulation are gong to lose it for us all. Second they are the same people who insist on carrying an AR at a political rally because they say its their right, ya it may be your right but you look like an extreme idiot on TV. When people are burying their 6yo you rant about your right to carry an AR and you have just lost millions of people that now are not indifferent to guns, they want your head on a plater. Idiots.

When the NRA has Ted Nugent going off like a mental patient off his lithium you have cost points with the public. When you become part of the tea bagger movement and yell show us the birth cert. I want my country back, and keep your government hands off my Medicare, you cost us points and maybe even create that ability of shooters like last week. We have to purge our numbers of these extreme idiots. If you can't help then get away form common sense gun owners.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
Quote:
The difference being, our US Constitution and the reasons we fought for freedom.
Every US citizen is sovereign, under our Constitution. That means each citizen, has the same power as any ruler in the world, including our own President. It is called Individual Liberty, under We The People. Not, I tell you what to do and when, by me the King, or be punished.
Each individual has the right to defend him or her self, against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Defend, not attack. Just because they may be your enemy, does not mean you go kick butt. It means you defend yourself when under physical attack.

Oppression by a centralized government, a ruler and a control freak, is in no way liberty.
The constitution also says the the Government has the duty to keep and provide domestic tranquility. I think gun control could provide for tranquility.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
First you tell me why there are no mass shootings at a gun show.
There is no lack of firearms and there are surely a few lunatics there packing.

Answer my question first, instead of asking me a question and I will explain how background checks on our 2nd Amendment right, is unconstitutional.

Deal?
I think you have me confused with another poster. All I said was why are their no background checks at gun shows, yet there is at gun dealers. Seems unimportant anyway, you have a different agenda .

Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM

In the first 100 years of our nations existence, what laws and restrictions were placed on the Bill of Rights?
The only way to do it, would be by an Amendment to the Constitution. Not congress, or some government agency regulating and restricting, our rights.

Not until the Progressive era, did we see our Constitution really start to rot away.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
I take it, you live in a box.
You have no clue about rural, heartland America.... Do you?
No, it's you that must be in a box. Check out my other posts, then you will know. Heartland ? Could not be any more wrong there. I grew up on a farm in rural Iowa. I did own a Bushmaster, you saw that did you not ?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I will clarify ...

Other than going through a process involving a licensed broker, paperwork and having your local sheriff sign off, they are effectively banned.

Most of these liberals think you can run down to Wal-Mart and pick up a machine gun.
Yeah I see that point now. They see other guns in walmart too and think you can buy the the same way you buy spoons

No idea what laws there are..... No idea what laws were broken......

Old 12-18-2012, 10:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
I take it, you live in a box.
You have no clue about rural, heartland America.... Do you?
Uh, most of us live in a box man if it's got square corners it's a box..

(jk)

Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
First off we gun owners are causing most of our own problems. Many of us are cutting off our nose to spite our face. Those among us who will not go along with any regulation are gong to lose it for us all. Second they are the same people who insist on carrying an AR at a political rally because they say its their right, ya it may be your right but you look like an extreme idiot on TV. When people are burying their 6yo you rant about your right to carry an AR and you have just lost millions of people that now are not indifferent to guns, they want your head on a plater. Idiots.

When the NRA has Ted Nugent going off like a mental patient off his lithium you have cost points with the public. When you become part of the tea bagger movement and yell show us the birth cert. I want my country back, and keep your government hands off my Medicare, you cost us points and maybe even create that ability of shooters like last week. We have to purge our numbers of these extreme idiots. If you can't help then get away form common sense gun owners.

Here in lies the problem. My kid at 6, was responsible enough to be packing heat at school and know how to use it very accurately, without incident.

In High School, we had gun racks, in the back windows of our trucks, loaded with shotguns and rifles. We were 14-18. If we were going hunting after school with a buddy or a teacher, we would put our rifles in our school lockers.

No school shootings, ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies