Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 04:23 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Profiling isn't evoking a self-policing policy now.
That's because Blacks aren't profiled for gun crimes now.
Quote:
Only thing it has done is angered people and make some people hate the police.
Um... gangs already hate the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
What is this black crap? What does it mater? Mellisa Harris Perry did a piece she always does a piece on black this and black that. Talk about division. Suck it up violence is violence. Most of its black on black so its a wash.
That shouldn't matter. A murder is a murder.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:31 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one suggested pulling anyone over for driving while black. However, it makes TOTAL sense to profile Blacks in Chicago for suspicion of having and illegally carrying firearms. If Blacks don't like being profiled for legitimate reasons like that, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
That has to be about the most asanine comment I've ever heard in my life.

I can't honestly believe thats your justification for profiling.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:37 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
How many non-blacks(of which I mean white) have been killed in Chicago? How many of these non-black folks who were murdered were murdered at the hands of someone with a gun? I think you'll find that many of these "black boys/men" are murdered, due to their activities/gang affiliations, or those who are in the "wrong place at the wrong time" innocent bystanders, who happen to get caught up in the action.....because they live in the same neighborhoods where these gangs roam. The gun ban is not the problem in Chicago. Poverty/gangs are more apt culprits....along with an environment where people are afraid to speak to police(snitching), and the generational effect of violence(some families the son emulates the father by becoming a plumber, in some families the son emulates the father by becoming a Gangster Disciple).

Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
"Chicago" is a racist code word, according to the loony left.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That has to be about the most asanine comment I've ever heard in my life.

I can't honestly believe thats your justification for profiling.
It works for Israel. How many terrorists have they had try to bomb their planes or fly them into heavily populated buildings.
In Israel, racial profiling doesn't warrant debate, or apologies - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

Again, it's quite evident that the problem is a gross OVER-representation of Blacks committing gun homicides.

U.S. Population by Race:
White: 78.1%
Black: 13.1%

Gun Homicides by Race:
White: 41.9%
Black: 56.4%

Rates reported by the Bureau of Justice Statistics for Whites and Blacks include the Hispanic portions of those populations, so I listed the comparable U.S. Census data for the purpose of direct comparison.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

If you don't like those actual statistics, which certainly justify racial profiling as Blacks are 8 times more likely than Whites to commit a gun homicide, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It works for Israel. How many terrorists have they had try to bomb their planes or fly them into heavily populated buildings.
In Israel, racial profiling doesn't warrant debate, or apologies - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

Again, it's quite evident that the problem is a gross OVER-representation of Blacks committing gun homicides.

U.S. Population by Race:
White: 78.1%
Black: 13.1%

Gun Homicides by Race:
White: 41.9%
Black: 56.4%

Rates reported by the Bureau of Justice Statistics for Whites and Blacks include the Hispanic portions of those populations, so I listed the comparable U.S. Census data for the purpose of direct comparison.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

If you don't like those actual statistics, which certainly justify racial profiling as Blacks are 8 times more likely than Whites to commit a gun homicide, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
Please just stop. Your just digging deeper.

Do you honestly support racial profiling?? Just answer that question.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
How so? Facts are facts. Blacks are 8 times more likely than Whites to commit a gun homicide.
Quote:
Given those gun homicide facts, yes.

The U.S.'s failure to profile for terrorists like Israel does is why we have breast and prostate cancer victims, 90-year-old wheelchair bound grandmothers, and 5-year-old kids terrorized by TSA gropers grabbing their genitals at our country's airports.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM

518 posts, read 406,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Very few people seem to see the irony in Obama speaking at Newtown, when over 4000 black boys/men died in Chicago due to gun violence. 1 in 5 of the 4000, were innocent bystanders going to school, work, or simply in their homes.

Since Obama has resided in Chicago for a number of years, one would expect that he would have spoken out, but besides uttering maybe a sentence or two about 'stopping the violence,' no serious intervention has been discussed at length or devised.

I think most in this nation are tired of the glorification of violence, and senseless deaths. I'm amazed that Obama, Congress and the Senate seem to gloss over the most pressing gun violence that occurs on a routine basis.

It's time to end violence throughout this nation; especially in the areas most devastated by it.

WASHINGTON WATCH: Gun Violence Among Black Men - YouTube
Most of the "people who are most devastated by it" have been in favor of stronger gun control legislation for years. It's only now that innocent white children from suburbia are dead that the gun lobby is now having to drink a big, heaping cup of "shut the bloody f*ck up."

Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 PM

518 posts, read 406,895 times
Quote:

I don't know about individuals here on C-D, but I think that, for some gun rights enthusiasts, they see this issue in racial terms. They are or will be very bitter over losing their assault rifles because they see this as largely a black or a hispanic problem. They'll be damned if they're going to lose their guns over "thugs". That's why this tragedy, as despicable and horrible as it was, is a potential game-changer. The crime could hardly get any more repulsive, and they are forced to sit down and shut up while the nation processes the raw emotions from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies