Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,277,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
About darn time!

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to pass a law specifically allowing teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

Read more: Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News
God bless Texas. It's good to see there is some common sense left somewhere in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 AM

20,028 posts, read 22,986,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
In an ideal world, I would agree with you and in reading the article, no teacher is being forced to carry a concealed weapon and must meet certain criteria in order to do so. One thing to keep in mind is that a large number of our former military are coming back and becoming teachers. The problem with the police, is they arrive after the fact. Our soldiers? Does Fort Hood ring a bell? Our soldiers are not allowed to carry on base.. As a former vet myself, I will say that 30 years ago, I would have never dreamed we would reach this place in our country, but here we are..
Then put a trained cop in the school. Put a veteran or two in charge of that facility. Let teachers be teachers and focus their day on that. I want my kids educated by the best damned teachers possible. I'd like them to be protected by the best damn persons as well. And seeing as though I can't be there 24/7....

Hire security and let them be the meanest most bad-ass mo-fo's that know how to secure a building. Are you willing to pay extra in your taxes for that? I sure as Hell am.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
LOL........ I was a teenager.... LOL.....
They tell me I was a teenager once too, but I don't remember

Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 AM

37,199 posts, read 42,429,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Let's see....it all started downward with women wanting to work...now BOTH parent HAVE to work, then we let strangers raise our kids...then we are told we cannot discipline our own children, then we are told the state knows better how to raise our kids. We must take GOD and MORALS out of school. We must not teach right from wrong anymore, it's too subjective...it takes a village, we are told...we BOUGHT that BS....and now we have THIS!

Well it took a village alright.....and the village idiot who sold it to us laughed all the way to the White House and to the bank!
Do you know how rediculous this post is? Don't have kids if you believe what you just wrote. Everyone will be better for it.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:45 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually, when I went to school in Texas, we did carry guns to school.. We left them in the rifle rack in our pickups, but we did carry them to school.. None of those evil guns ever jumped out of the rack and shot anyone either.

Yep our parking lot in HS had guns in the vehicles also and gee nobody was ever shot at school either.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:45 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Then put a trained cop in the school. Put a veteran, or two in charge of that facility. Let teachers be teachers and focus their day on that.

Let security be the meanest most bad-ass mo-fo's that know how to secure a building. Are you willing to pay extra in your taxes for that? I sure as Hell am.
Pay for it? I'll apply for the job!!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Texas is a liberal state, is that why you loved it so much?

conservative state!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 AM

37,199 posts, read 42,429,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Then put a trained cop in the school. Put a veteran, or two in charge of that facility. Let teachers be teachers and focus their day on that.

Let security be the meanest most bad-ass mo-fo's that know how to secure a building. Are you willing to pay extra in your taxes for that? I sure as Hell am.
A cop in every school doing what all day long? How would that help if something goes down while he's in the office or in a room on the other side of campus? For it to even matter a deranged person would have to launch an assual RIGHT WHERE THE COP IS. And despite what people think, a deranged person launching an assault is on a school is still such a rare occurance it does not justify this sort of thing. Unless it's the students themselves who are violent...that's a whole other issue. Armed police officers get killed to, having a gun on campus means squat. This kind of thing has been happening FOREVER but the technology (type of weapons) and ease of access to everything makes such events worse than they used to be. The violaters have access to more information and are usually smart enough to use it.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 AM

20,028 posts, read 22,986,850 times
Bring the guys and gals home and put them in 'real' homeland security. Until this country get's their head on straight and figures out that societal issues take a generation to work out- we need boots on the ground to protect us 'from us'.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,277,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you know how rediculous this post is? Don't have kids if you believe what you just wrote. Everyone will be better for it.
You are the one being ridiculous. The post you are ridiculing is absolutely correct. We kicked God out of our public schools and we are now reaping the consequences. You can't even comprehend how wrong you are because you have been infected with the apostate "virus". I have raised two children and trained them up in the knowledge of the Lord. Praise God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies