Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

He can write all the gun control law he wants...... lets see him enforce it?
Presidents don't write laws or enforce laws?

Get a grip, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
First you get the 2nd Amendment repealed and pass some sweeping new firearms laws. After that is done you make it a felony to be in possession of these guns. The law abiding citizens will turn them in, I would say the vast majority would give them right up. Then you offer big rewards for tips on illegal guns and you search homes with warrants and you put the arrests on national TV. After that another significant amount of people would give up their guns on an amnesty program.

I'm not saying that is what we should do, but that is what we could do.
No you can't........ The 2nd wasn't give to us as a Right by the Govt. The Govt can only take what it give and or give what it can take, but the Govt can not take rights given to the people by the Creator.

The govt can try....... The govt can't bring the military to bear arms against us We the people either, and if it did We the People Vets from Vietnam era and forward would out number ALL military combined anyway.

The only really large force that could be called out would in fact be called out by various governors which have the National Guard under their control.

These NG guys are the direct family of the population of the states they would be called out in...

My son is one and a officer no less.

So who's side do you expect him to stand on once illegal orders have been issued? he owns an Ar-15 and a Ar-10 and the NG issued him a M-4...

So that leave the COPS......... They too swore an oath to up hold the cons, and protect the cons, not the people not the president not congress, but the CONS itself from ALL enemies foreign and domestic....

And lets say illegal action does take the 2nd...... Then you can bank on the 1st will fall and when that falls so will the Nation.....

Ya know with so many little weasely gun grabbers telling us all how this is gonna go down, it just makes me want a refund on my taxes. Because what ever the hell you learned in school appears to either be all wrong, or all you got was a passed ahead and for no more than finger painting.

Basically you are surrounded, and have lost the battle before it started...

Old 12-19-2012, 06:55 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No I would support a $1,000 per rifle annual licensing fee. Try tax evasion
And now you've wiped out the savings in grocery costs that plenty of poor folks with older rifles get by taking a deer, or some turkeys, or even a hog.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Democrats always like to claim they are the party of the poor and all they want to do is help out all the poor folks but in reality they tax them into the poor house.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Ted Nugent | Meet the NRA Leadership
I would support universal service, where you spend a bit over that 1000 on civilian battle rifle the Ar-15, another 1000 on ammo, yet another on training.... Then you carry that rifle from age 18 to age 62 for the rest of your waking hours till you do turn 62.

get caught out with it and you get a 1000 dollar fine each time.

Refuse and you pay a fee times 10 more than all the above combined.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Presidents don't write laws or enforce laws?

Get a grip, please.
Oh please..... You are the one who was worried Obama might not be around in the year 2090 or something foolish like that....

AND Obama could make some form of feeble executive order.. A law..... because the dweeb with big ears says so

Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Ted Nugent | Meet the NRA Leadership
Little OT maybe but i have exactly 0 plans to join up with Obama care too.... Big deal so what.. lets see him force me... You grabbers are great at pipe dreaming..... I find it very amusing

Old 12-19-2012, 07:22 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I doubt you could get them to do it.
Current SWAT team members probably not, but there don't seem to be any shortage of crazy libs here just aching to kill gun owners - if they had the nerve.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?
I don't think such a raid would occur.

[paranoid gun owners have nothing to worry about]

Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Would you support sending swat teams door to door to every building in the nation to confiscate all firearms? For homes/businesses who refused to open for them, would you support them breaking down the doors? Do you think such a raid would be successful?

That is when the revolution gets really going good.

My neighborhood would annihilate a swat team, with the firepower from home to home.

They would have to hit every home at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies