Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Blood can be screened. Gays are still banned from donating blood (a ban that blood banks call unwarranted at this point.

What's the other lie? That hanging out with gay people, or even (OMGZ!) sharing a slice of pizza with a gay man isn't going to increase your chances of contracting HIV? That isn't a lie.

I feel like I've stepped into a time machine. We're still in 2012, correct?
I would exercise on the side of caution.

letting gay men give blood....no thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
First of all, it is illegal to post medical records, especially on a map. It's pretty obvious you don't work or much knowledge of healthcare.

Secondly, have you personally checked and seen all your circle's medical records?
People with communicable diseases should be named or marked.

Sorry.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:51 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
At least 565,927 infected Americans have died of AIDS (2006 numbers). Of these, 540,436 were adults or adolescents and 5,369 were children under 13.

Thanks.
Those links were just two examples... how many people IN TOTAL (since you're using total AIDS/HIV stats) have died from gun-related deaths in the US? Post those numbers, and then maybe we can make a fair comparison.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The fact you cannot resist attacking "lefties" in your OP tells me a lot.

No, they shouldn't be. AIDS is not the only deadly transmittable infection out there. Influenza and tuberculosis also kill lots of people in the US, and are FAR more easily spread than HIV/AIDS. Why single out AIDS sufferers? The only reason I can think of is to smear and stigmatize people who have what right-wingers think is a "gay" disease.
A) It is and always will be a "gay disease", since it was started and spread by gays.

B) This was meant to show the stupidity and hypocrisy of the left.

Thank you for playing.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I would exercise on the side of caution.

letting gay men give blood....no thank you!
The Red Cross disagrees with you, and has recommended (to the CDC) that their ban be lifted... between stabilized/lowered rates among the gay male community, and excellent screening techniques, they no longer consider them any more "threatening" than anyone else. I'm sure if you needed a life-saving transfusion, you would neither know nor care about the sexual orientation of the CLEAN donor.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The discrepancies were already pointed out, but I'll mention them again for you... if only 2% of the population REPORTS as gay, does that include everyone who contracted HIV from male-to-male contact? What if the guy is married to a woman, but got some on the down low? He probably isn't reported as a "gay male," nor is the bisexual, pansexual, curious, etc. You'd probably be surprised at how many of those "unreported" men we have, and without knowing those numbers, your statistics really fall apart at the seams. Besides, all CURRENT studies show it's now growing more rapidly among heterosexuals - mostly due to the homosexual/male-targeted campaigns, which informed (and sometimes scared) them into protecting themselves more diligently than your average straight person.

So why do you always try to make this into a gay issue? Again, you seem to be stuck in the '80s with your knowledge of this subject.
With those figures, the links and the reliability of prof statisticians who use every means possible including your aforementioned to evaluate, all your showing is hasty denial, or you simply have no knowledge of all properties which are gathered for an institution such as a Disease Control Center for the world.

Plus...if anyone has a question about HIV or aids which may have to do with the latest in research, and may not be on line or entered into journals as of yet.. regardless of scientific detail, let me know and I will inquire to the worlds top chemists I know working very hard in this exact field

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-27-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
A) It is and always will be a "gay disease", since it was started and spread by gays.
In that case, it's really more of a "monkey disease."

Quote:
B) This was meant to show the stupidity and hypocrisy of the left.

Thank you for playing.
Your lack of current and/or accurate "facts," prejudices, silly stereotypes about both homosexuals and liberals, etc, have only succeeded in showing the ignorance & hypocrisy of the right. Has ANY liberal on here even disagreed with you? Not that I can see, although I did skip a few pages in the middle.

Thank you for playing.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
With those figures, the links and the reliability of prof statisticians who use every means possible including your aforementioned to evaluate, all your showing is hasty denial, or you simply have no knowledge of all properties which are gathered for an institution such as a Disease Control Center for the world.

Plus...if anyone has a question about HIV or aids which may have to do with the latest in research, and may not be on line or entered into journals as of yet.. regardless of scientific detail, let me know and I will inquire to the worlds top chemists I know working very hard in this exact field.
I work in the research field, in the heart of Silicon Valley (which is just as well known for medical research as for its computers) no less... so I can find the most current data myself thanks.

Not sure I even understand the rest of your post, but I am not "denying" anything - just pointing out the lack of specific data, in regards to who is reported as "gay male" vs who is HIV positive. Can you prove these numbers?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I work in the research field, in the heart of Silicon Valley (which is just as well known for medical research as for its computers) no less... so I can find the most current data myself thanks.

Not sure I even understand the rest of your post, but I am not "denying" anything - just pointing out the lack of specific data, in regards to who is reported as "gay male" vs who is HIV positive. Can you prove these numbers?

Even with links available you argue and return once again empty handed. Thanks again

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-27-2012 at 10:41 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
I don't want to accidentally drink from glass or sit on a toilet where someone infected has drank from or sat.
Yep...straight out of the 1980's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies