Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

He is an ignorant fool, that's the only thing going on here. It has absolutely nothing to do with god or Christianity or homosexuality or the bible, it's some dude who joined up with a happy clappy tattooed sect of Christianity because he needed a clan and now he only speaks that language, which is a tiny fraction of things pulled from the bible and a whole lot of "let's interpret things in such a way to create a belief system that makes us feel good about ourselves". I've seen it a million times. You will notice it when they focus is on sins of others more than introspective meditations and improvements in their own lives. There is obviously never a higher power working in that scenario, purely a human trait.
Plus, even Miss Manners would point out his rudeness. Nothing worse than that.

Last edited by Ceece; 01-13-2013 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is clear he was trying to help, but people are easily offended. The Bible itself is full of stories where God's people preached to people and while some listened and believed the rest were offended. They were offended to a point where they murdered the preachers. All but one of the Lord's apostles killed by the people they were trying to help. And of course we know that Jesus Himself was murdered by those who were offended by the truth.

It wasn't a sermon that this restaurant owner was preaching. He was forcing his belief's upon a party that, in his mind, were in direct conflict with his bigoted belief system.

He thought that because his restaurant is in a small town in NC that he is surrounded by those that also believe his filth, and that to a certain degree is true however the power of the news media and internet has shown him that he cannot do this and expect to have it swept under the carpet.

He is reaping what he has sown.

Of course fundamentalist "" Christian "dogma will be spewed in an attempt to explain the backlash as God testing a mans faith and resolve where it can also be interpreted as God telling this man to get out of the restaurant business.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
He thought that because his restaurant is in a small town in NC that he is surrounded by those that also believe his filth, and that to a certain degree is true however the power of the news media and internet has shown him that he cannot do this and expect to have it swept under the carpet.
Actually it's worse. New Bern is a fast-growing retirement community of New Yorkers who moved to Florida then left because it was overcrowded.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
The Bible instucts them to spread the Gospel. It is what it is. The world is becoming increasingly hostile towards Christians, and now we have reached a point where they are being told to not even talk about their faith. Ironically the very same people who attack Christians also demand that they be married in Christian churches.
Gee, do you think it has to do with the Christians being hypocrites and trying to push their beliefs and their interpretations of the holy book onto people who don't march to their drumbeat?

Interesting article. Probably the reasons why Christians trying so hard and are desperate to push their beliefs on others:

The Decline and Fall of Christianity.
Quote:
Self-reported Christians are down: From 1948 to 2008, the self-reported Christian population of America fell from 92% to 78% and the nonreligious population rose from two percent to between thirteen and fifteen percent. Nonbelievers have mostly come from the ranks of Christian defectors.
That was up to 2008. I sure the numbers have gone down and up, respectively.

The Decline and Fall of Christianity

I'm not going to get into a religious discussion with you. You and everyone else that wants to preach religion should, as suggested by another poster, take it to the religious forum or find another forum where people share your views.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
It wasn't a sermon that this restaurant owner was preaching. He was forcing his belief's upon a party that, in his mind, were in direct conflict with his bigoted belief system.
Passing a note is "forcing"? How is that?

Quote:
The size of the town is a factor? How is that?

Quote:
He is reaping what he has sown.
What is he reaping? The hate of the unbelievers? I dont' think he minds, because Jesus himself said the world will hate His followers the same way it hated Him. Christians are well aware that many people will reject the truth, and sling insuts when they spread the word.

Quote:
Of course fundamentalist "" Christian "dogma will be spewed in an attempt to explain the backlash as God testing a mans faith
Like I said, Jesus explained the attacks already ""If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Interesting article. Probably the reasons why Christians trying so hard and are desperate to push their beliefs on others:

The Decline and Fall of Christianity.

That was up to 2008. I sure the numbers have gone down and up, respectively.

The Decline and Fall of Christianity

I'm not going to get into a religious discussion with you. You and everyone else that wants to preach religion should, as suggested by another poster, take it to the religious forum or find another forum where people share your views.
You have an interesting way of posting off-topic posts, and then declaring you are not interested in discussing them.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-13-2013 at 01:06 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Lesbian couple: Restaurant owner hands them letter condemning homosexuality | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12

The restaurant owned claimed that "God told him" to give the young married lesbian couple a handwritten semi-illiterate ramble:
God said in the last days that man and womn would be lover of self, more then lover of God.
That man and woman would have unnatural effection for one another.
Then, the coming of the Son of Man, who is Jesus.
So please, look at your life. See how it hurt everyone around your.
And ask the Lord to open your eye before it to late.

The Love of Christ
P.S. my daughter also was gay. It destroy her life and my grandson.
The couple had already eaten and paid for their meal. The owner accosted them in the carpark to give them his 'loving' letter as they were leaving.

Ironically:

The restaurant owner has long hair - which the Bible says is unnatural and shameful for a man.
He has tattoos and serves shellfish. An abomination!
He does business on the Sabbath. Against God's laws!
He was rude and inhospitable to strangers and guests- that's what got Sodom destroyed.

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/C8/EE6AF4..._cfzmvmigf.jpg

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Interesting, he had no problem taking their money.

If you watch the video they say they were holding hands outside his restaurant before entering, so he saw this(he said they were kissing, they deny that) and instead of refusing them service which would be his right as the owner, he had no problem getting their business.

While I wouldn't agree with his opinion, I would have more respect for it if he just denied them service.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:

Like I said, Jesus explained the attacks already ""If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
That is a reference to being hated for your faith. It happens.

(It also happens to Jews, it happens to Hindus, it happens to Pagans.)

But what were talking about here is Christians being hated because too many Christians are just plain, flat-out RUDE. No one likes the judgemental finger shakers who think they need to straighten out the world in the name of God. Christians think they can do it because it is in His name. The same message can be delivered with love and compassion. (Which is, oh yeah, how Christ delivered it.)

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,404 times
Quote:
And Jesus didn't tell the Apostles to leave bitchy notes at restaurants.

But let's read a little bit before that passage:

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:12-13

And for further reference:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." -Matthew 7:1-5

Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
What he did to them, he did out of love. It is telling you accuse him of the opposite.
No he didn't, he did it out of hate and bigotry under the guise of "love"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies