Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
They don't talk about brotherhood in all-white towns? That's a disappointment.

I don't believe that all-white towns are full of racists.
You said kid of another race. There is no other races there. I know there is brotherhood...everyone knows everyone else...they help each other out. Its a nice place.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And there you have it.

As we all knew already, RebelYell is just another racist white supremacist. It goes without saying that he would fit in well with other conservatives on this board.
So you disagree that we are not all equal?

724 posts, read 593,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Yawn. You want to believe all equality crap you go right ahead. I bet me and you are the same height,age,weight,eye color,hair color,skin color,live in same town,state,same kind of house,drive same kind of car,born same year and day etc...right? since we are equal and all.Whine about me all you want you are just showing your ignorance of what I believe.
It's about equal rights under the law, none of the stuff you said.

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
What is it with city data and the white supremacists? I mean even in the relocation sections, its freaking everywhere.
Connexions between management and a certain website named after a weather term.

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And you are showing your intelligence now. There plenty of ignorant and stupid white people, more than enough to go around. MLK was for equal rights for every one. I as a white man can see the good he did and accomplished in stopping the discrimination against black people in this country. White people like you are a dying breed and that is good for America over all, we do not need the bias that existed before equal rights. Black people are just as intelligent as any white person could ever hope to be.
Equality doesn't exist. EVERY person on earth has something different from everyone else. No matter how hard you liberals want to change nature and the way things work. You still lose.

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
My 8 year old's 2nd grade class did the same. My 6 year old's Kindergarten class had a printed cutout of him that they had to color and paste together.

As an armchair historian, I realize that the modern idealization of Martin Luther King is a falsehood. However, what that idealization represents is a good thing, so I let it pass. Besides, if I started getting upset about the propaganda behind one of our national heroes, I'd have to do the same for the rest or risk being a hypocrite. I'm not going to start shattering my children's illusions about historical figures at this early of an age. If I did, they wouldn't have any left.

Let's face it, our history books are full of cases where important figures are looked at in the light that makes them look best. They don't talk about FDR's mistresses, Lincoln's possible homosexual relationship, Thomas Jefferson sleeping with his slaves, George Washington's ineptness as a general, strained relationship with his mother, or abuse of his slaves, etc. If I made it my goal to make sure that my children only knew the facts about all of our historical heroes, they'd be left wondering what kind of messed up world they lived in.

I think I'll wait until they lose their belief in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny before I start poking holes in their dreams...
No doubt. MLK, while a definite controversial figure, did do good things. He inspired, and continues to inspire, many people. No human is without his flaws, secrets, controversies and mistakes. But, IMO, he has left a legacy that I feel is important.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
What is it with city data and the white supremacists? I mean even in the relocation sections, its freaking everywhere.
So FoxNews.com stopped their commenting section and they all landed here - 97% of the threads in this forum are of this ilk ! Its not this bad even on RedState.com !

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And you are showing your intelligence now. There plenty of ignorant and stupid white people, more than enough to go around. MLK was for equal rights for every one. I as a white man can see the good he did and accomplished in stopping the discrimination against black people in this country. White people like you are a dying breed and that is good for America over all, we do not need the bias that existed before equal rights. Black people are just as intelligent as any white person could ever hope to be.
You sound like another guilt ridden whiny liberal.

630 posts, read 1,265,373 times
The premise of this thread is so pathetic and sad. I suggest we all stop posting because that's what he wants us to do.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Yawn. You want to believe all equality crap you go right ahead. I bet me and you are the same height,age,weight,eye color,hair color,skin color,live in same town,state,same kind of house,drive same kind of car,born same year and day etc...right? since we are equal and all.Whine about me all you want you are just showing your ignorance of what I believe.
May I enter into evidence this post as well judge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies