Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Mightyqueen - I'll address this:

I don't know that it's ever stopped a reporter before. Like I said, we were lambasted with photos and videos of minors with gunshot wounds and horrific injuries after Columbine - and with photos of bloodied babies dragged from the ruins of the Alfred Murray Federal building in OKC.

Also, it's not just the media I'm talking about - it's photos by private individuals which so often seem to come to the forefront in a tragedy - for instance like the videos from 9/11 and the tsunamis.

Once again, to clarify, in case I'm accused of this yet again - I am not ASKING TO LOOK AT SUCH TERRIBLE PHOTOS. I am just struck by the absence of them.
Why do you keep ignoring the post where someone was describing how this school is isolated in the middle of a wooded area with only one road going in...a road easily controlled by the authorities once they got on the scene. You can't say the same about the other mass shootings where access and other buildings full of people were near-by. Logistics alone explains a lot regarding photographs that were or were not taken. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Mightyqueen - I'll address this:

I don't know that it's ever stopped a reporter before. Like I said, we were lambasted with photos and videos of minors with gunshot wounds and horrific injuries after Columbine - and with photos of bloodied babies dragged from the ruins of the Alfred Murray Federal building in OKC.

Also, it's not just the media I'm talking about - it's photos by private individuals which so often seem to come to the forefront in a tragedy - for instance like the videos from 9/11 and the tsunamis.

Once again, to clarify, in case I'm accused of this yet again - I am not ASKING TO LOOK AT SUCH TERRIBLE PHOTOS. I am just struck by the absence of them.
Someone posting here who apparently lives in Sandy Hook has already posted a reason why you are not seeing photos published that MAY HAVE BEEN taken by "private individuals" or other citizens in Sandy Hook, but apparently you continue to choose to ignore such rational responses to your "concerns."

Those "minors" in Colorado were not little kids. For such a "loving, middle aged grandmother," you do seem to be pretty hardened regarding this particular incident. I'm not a grandmother and I find it difficult to even read some of the things written about this shooting and the children who were killed.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You've expended more energy refusing to repost your list than it would have taken to look it up. Have you not noticed that I am not on your side, that I am your opponent in this conversation? Now why would I want to look up your list and repost it? And, no, you don't need to retype. You just need to post a link to it. Btw, the word "lazy" is not a trigger word for me.
If you ask for information that I have already made readily available to you then it's not up to me to repost it for you because I don't really care if you read it or not. I know what I wrote. If you care to read it you will find it, not badger me to look it up for you. I'm not your mommy. You haven't even bothered to respond to the post that Kayanne so kindly looked up for you. Lazy, lazy lazy. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Notice how many of my FIRSTHAND accounts are being ignored? Not one of my posts were responded to by these trolls. Not one.
They won't because you're not telling them what they want to hear.

For myself, I had planned all along to go back and acknowledge your very first post in this thread - after I had finished playing catchup by reading all the way through.

I, for one, would like to thank you for your contribution here. You lived this tragedy and probably have the most credible insight than any of us about it.

My condolences to the entire community of Newton. It is obvious that everyone has suffered to some degree and I think it's admirable how so many have refused to to feed the vultures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And they're not going to acknowledge it. The purpose for posting about this topic seems to be to confuse people, to create a smoke screen in order to bash "the government" and "the media" in order to make people think that the "government" is so evil that they would somehow (nothing really specific) be involved in this horrific event in order to take their guns away. I think "trolls" is a very good word.
^^This^^

Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Being a loving mother and very actively involved grandmother is indicative of the fact that I am not a calloused, hard hearted person. I think you know that I meant that.

I have, however, been "accused" all my life of being a very logical, objective person with a very active curiosity and a gift for research and gathering facts. Those traits have served me well in both my personal and professional life.
Well, no doubt you are good at making lots of self-serving statements to try to "boost" your credibility.

However, your "logic" has failed you in this thread.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
If you ask for information that I have already made readily available to you then it's not up to me to repost it for you because I don't really care if you read it or not. I know what I wrote. If you care to read it you will find it, not badger me to look it up for you. I'm not your mommy. You haven't even bothered to respond to the post that Kayanne so kindly looked up for you. Lazy, lazy lazy. Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Is that name calling ^^^^^? LOL

Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Notice how many of my FIRSTHAND accounts are being ignored? Not one of my posts were responded to by these trolls. Not one.
I have noticed that each and every one of them has blatantly ignored your contributions. They will not respond to your facts and eyewitness account because it doesn't fit into their narrative of sinister agendas.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
14. Why did Lanza destroy his computer's hard drive if he was just going to kill himself at the sound of sirens anyway? How do you know that he knew he was going to kill himself? And even if he did plan to kill himself, he obviously destroyed his hard drive because there were things on there he did not want people to know about him. I find this an odd and irrelevant question.
I do find it odd that he destroyed his hard drive. I also find it odd that this information was released yet everything else regarding his home is hush hush. He was willing to kill innocent children yet he did not want anyone to know what he was up to online. Really?

Quote:
15. Why is the search warrant for Lanza's home sealed for 90 days. No one is going to trial if this is in fact a lone gunman, since he's dead, why the secrecy? Do you know for a fact that he was indeed a lone gunman and that no one else was involved in either the planning or the execution of this event? No, you don't. Of course it likely was exactly that, but police have to rule out any possible leads and tie up loose ends before they can come to a final conclusion.
I don't know for a fact that he was a lone gunman. I actually doubt that he was.

Quote:
16. Why were the parents not given the option to view their children's bodies? And why were the parents OK with this? That's been answered on here--the way the question is phrased is not quite how it went.
Yes, we already went over this after I posted my list of questions. I do find it odd nonetheless.

Quote:
17. How do so many parents interviewed on camera manage to not shed a single tear while talking about their murdered child? Not one tear? And yes, I have had many people close to me die and I have known mothers who have lost their children. It's plausible that some people would not shed tears but it's not plausible that everyone would not shed tears. Be careful. Isn't that the same sort of presumptuousness that sent an innocent Lindy Chamberlain to prison? You do not know how someone else "should" act if you are not them. Further, the parents who were not be able to contain their grief are unlikely to have agreed to appear on camera for that very reason.
Are you saying that I could go to prison for asking this question. Yikes!!!

Quote:
18. Why was Victoria Soto's FB memorial page set up 4 days prior to the shooting? That is answered on snopes and the answer makes sense. It wasn't originally set up as a memorial page, but was changed into one after the shooting. The date the page was set up would not change. Does it make sense to you that someone plotting an intricate scam would be so stupid as to make that kind of mistake knowing that any idiot on the Internet would be able to see it instantly?
Someone set up a page 4 days prior, posted nothing and then changed it to a memorial page 4 days later? I don't believe that one for a second. Sorry.

Quote:
19. Who sets up a donation page on FB prior to even knowing if one's child is alive, wounded or dead (Parker family)? Do you have a reliable source that would indicate that this is true?
I looked at the actual FB page with my own eyes. I don't know if it is still up but if it is, check it out.

Quote:
20. Why were the bodies removed in the middle of the night? That's been answered. They were moved when the crime scene was finished being processed, and that was in the middle of the night. When they were finished, should they have left the bodies there for the next shift? This question seems designed to make something out of nothing.
I asked because the police initially said to the press that they would remove the bodies the following day and then removed them that night.

Quote:
21. Why was the car that supposedly belonged to Adam Lanza's mothers (and the one with the weapon in the trunk) registered to a convicted felon who was unrelated to the the Lanza's? Was it? Do you have a reliable source that indicates this?
The source is available. It's even in the debunking articles posted here in this thread. The car went from being registered to Nancy Lanza and then to a Chris Rodia and most recently the authorities are saying that it was a relative of Adam Lanza's.

Quote:
The problem I have with many of these questions is that they are presented as if they are unequivocably factual, and no possible explanations seem to have been considered.
I'm sorry if that is your perception. These are nothing more then questions.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I did. Here's just one part from your linked site I still find confusing:
What about the man in the woods? Central to proving any conspiracy theory is finding co-conspirators, which in this case means multiple shooters. Theorists have seized on helicopter footage of a man getting chased by police through the woods behind the school as evidence there was more than one shooter. Who is this man?

Answer: It was Chris Manfredonia, the father of a 6-year-old who attends the school. He was on his way to the school to make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard gunfire and smelled sulfur, so he ran.

OK, so I guess a dad could put on camo's to go volunteer at the school. Seems weird, but certainly possible. But why was he running away from the school? Why did the police handcuff him and put him in the front seat of the squad car?

Sorry, maybe in the south dads show up in camos to go bake cookies at a school(and even that seems to be a reach), but not in upper middle class towns in New England they don't.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Being a loving mother and very actively involved grandmother is indicative of the fact that I am not a calloused, hard hearted person. I think you know that I meant that.

I have, however, been "accused" all my life of being a very logical, objective person with a very active curiosity and a gift for research and gathering facts. Those traits have served me well in both my personal and professional life.
Translation: When I throw out the wifey, mommy and grandma cards no one better dare question me on my motivations, points of view and condemnation by innuendo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies