Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times

Advertisements

There was no lawlessness during the Reagan administration (well, there was like all armed resistances but not in the sense you're using it). It was still a resistance against the Soviets. It was during the civil war and after Soviet collapse (which largely happened during the Clinton administration) with waning US involvement that you're referring to.

People who don't understand the region shouldn't talk or make lies. I'm still waiting for you to respond to my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
This ^

The soviet-era mujahideen had various political groups such as the people who formed the Taliban, Jami’at-i-Islami and Hizb-i-Islami. The lawlessness that resulted because of the Reagan admins negligence in dealing with the Afghans after the Cold War allowed Mullah Omar (who in his mujahadeen days was part of Harakat-i-Inqilab-i-Islami and supported by the US as well) to form the "Taliban" resistance against other mujahadeen groups.

This is the primary reason why the Taliban still have weapons supplied by the Reagan admin: Taliban still have Reagan's Stingers - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Also no one formed the "Taliban". It sprung up naturally across the country, un coordinated, by people appalled at the divergence from Islam. This movement to return to more traditional values and Pashtun pride would later be clumsily called the "Taliban"

Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
But...........but...........Carter is a democrat!!! Tell me it isn't so!!! That timeline has to be a lie!!! It has to Ford's fault and Carter inherited that plan - it originated with the Ford administration!!! (Yeah, that's the ticket.)
Please tell us what YOU KNOW about the Taliban and the Mujahideen.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.r...catid=57565029

The Taliban are the conservatives of Afghanistan, essentially 3rd world equivalent of the Republicans/TeaPartiers.

Ronald Reagan was a big fan of the Taliban:

They have been a massive headache ever since.

Good for Prince Henry...at least all national leaders aren't cowardly tw*t waffles...like ours.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
There was no lawlessness during the Reagan administration (well, there was like all armed resistances but not in the sense you're using it). It was still a resistance against the Soviets. It was during the civil war and after Soviet collapse (which largely happened during the Clinton administration) with waning US involvement that you're referring to.

People who don't understand the region shouldn't talk or make lies. I'm still waiting for you to respond to my post.
I have already responded to your post. You are just making general statements, please try refuting my post about the various factions that sprung up and which ones took control. You can't.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Please tell us what YOU KNOW about the Taliban and the Mujahideen.
Why, do you need to be educated??

Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why, do you need to be educated??
Yes, I'm sure you know more than I do. Please tell us all about the Taliban and Carter years, my memory isn't too good, please refresh for me.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
So..... what is this thread about? Prince Harry needs to kill republicans to save lives?

Ronald Regan is dead, long live the king?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Lightbulb Prince Harry admits killing Taliban

Welp...

That's what he was there for.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I have already responded to your post. You are just making general statements, please try refuting my post about the various factions that sprung up and which ones took control. You can't.
You have not responded to post 33.

Other than that, just about everything you said has been refuted over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies