Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,720,434 times

Advertisements

Long gun, iron sight is all one needs. those clowns that killed a grass eating prey animal with a scoped bipoded assault rifle should have their gun taken away and they should be soundly spanked.

I suppose they kill flies in their house with sledge hammers, big babies.

The way old timers with muzzle loaders killed pronghorn is a great story, which would be completely non understandable to those who need scoped bipoded assault rifles.

Killing grass eating prey animals is hardly a manly pursuit.

As I have said, and at least one poster is completely unable to understand. I have no interest in limiting weapons, I do have an interest in intelligent decisions.

How about that article on the military confiscating all weapons!!!!!

That site also had a great article on the Obama administration granting VA benefits to the Gitmo detainees.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,853,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Long gun, iron sight is all one needs. those clowns that killed a grass eating prey animal with a scoped bipoded assault rifle should have their gun taken away and they should be soundly spanked.

I suppose they kill flies in their house with sledge hammers, big babies.

The way old timers with muzzle loaders killed pronghorn is a great story, which would be completely non understandable to those who need scoped bipoded assault rifles.

Killing grass eating prey animals is hardly a manly pursuit.

As I have said, and at least one poster is completely unable to understand. I have no interest in limiting weapons, I do have an interest in intelligent decisions.

How about that article on the military confiscating all weapons!!!!!

That site also had a great article on the Obama administration granting VA benefits to the Gitmo detainees.
Maybe iron sights works for you, but a lot of people have astigmatism and other eye issues that would not allow the use of iron sights. Would you feel better if someone gut shoot the animal and it suffered then died because someone was using iron sights. Your Mr. Best Tool For The Job, that is what this person was using and you get all fake butt hurt outraged.

The article was satire.

People hunt to put food on the table, not everyone is white collar like you are. The vast vast majority of animals killed while hunted are then consumed. The herds are managed through hunting, otherwise many of the animals would starve to death in the winter.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 AM

335 posts, read 519,646 times
The second after you surrender and/or cede your Natural Born Rights to the State, you no longer are the Master of your life.

The reason the Founding Fathers didn't even bother placing the Right To Bear Arms in the USCON, at first, was because everyone at that time - following the Revolt against the most powerful nation on the planet - understood that Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness meant nothing unless you can personally defend it against all comers.

Everyone that is, except for a few that understood the darker side of human nature and weren't willing to leave it undefined under certain unalienable Rights...

In my opinion, even though the USofA has a BIG problem with Sociopathic/Psychopathic corruption and/or criminality from the top to the bottom of the classes, an even bigger problem is the inability of We The People to trust each other and come together to protect Our Natural Born Rights from those that hate America's founding principals and are obsessed with morphing the USofA into ideological experiments that have always failed.

I'll leave this here, for those that have no clue what legal system the Revolution, the USCON and the former Democratic Republic was established under:

Quote:
The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions ~ John Locke 1690
Quote:
Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience. ~ John Locke 1690

Last edited by Biz901; 02-22-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 AM

26,864 posts, read 27,042,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
1) First we identify, define and classify them.
2) Then we register them to determine who has them and where they are.
3) Now we outlaw and seize them.

Since the latter action would be in clear violation of Amendments 2, 4 and 5 of the Constitution and all too many people seem just fine with it I have to wonder just how many and what other rights they're willing to give up and lose...
'We" are not identifying, classifying, or registering them to take them away from lawful gun owners. We're trying to get them out of the hands of people who shouldn't own them. That's no violation of the Constitution.

Do you want this felon, who "forgot" to turn his gun in after his conviction, to continue to own his weapon? I don't.
California program to seize illegal guns gaining notice - latimes.com

Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,584,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
People hunt to put food on the table, not everyone is white collar like you are. The vast vast majority of animals killed while hunted are then consumed. The herds are managed through hunting, otherwise many of the animals would starve to death in the winter.
Here in li'l ol' Missouri our hunters eat what they shoot and/or donate it. The state's Share the Harvest program has been around for two decades. In 2012, deer hunters across the state donated a record share of meat to food banks to help feed the needy. More than 400,000 pounds of venison were donated during the hunting season.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
'We" are not identifying, classifying, or registering them to take them away from lawful gun owners. We're trying to get them out of the hands of people who shouldn't own them. That's no violation of the Constitution.

Do you want this felon, who "forgot" to turn his gun in after his conviction, to continue to own his weapon? I don't.
California program to seize illegal guns gaining notice - latimes.com
No problem with the first part. It's prudent unless it becomes just a beginning. But isn't it interesting, then, that Steinberg's bill would charge lawful gun owners $19 per legally owned weapon to take them from the illegal who won't register them at all.

As for the rest, dumb question! But he wasn't a felon.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 AM

A license or registration is permission to do what would otherwise be illegal.

When did exercising Natural Born Rights become illegal in the USofA?

Uh, nevermind, I think I already know the answer....

Quick question: Do you think a murderer, who wishes to deprive Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...breaking the most internationally recognized Law of Mankind, gives two grunts about licenses and or registration?

In the end, only the sheeple will be disarmed...

Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,720,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Good luck with the surgery. Didn't know ya can't eat, that's not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Maybe iron sights works for you, but a lot of people have astigmatism and other eye issues that would not allow the use of iron sights. Would you feel better if someone gut shoot the animal and it suffered then died because someone was using iron sights. Your Mr. Best Tool For The Job, that is what this person was using and you get all fake butt hurt outraged.

The article was satire.

I find this pretty darned funny, as usual.. Oh, gotta have a couple thousand dollars of high technology to kill some poor grass eating prey animal!

I have an astigmatism, non whiners compensate. No body hunts pronghorn or dear to put food on the table, you dress one of those poor things out and you have less than a trip to costco worth of meat. Management of game through hunting is nonsense. Only about 10% of hunters get their game. and if the goal was herd management Males would be shot, and predators introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
The second after you surrender and/or cede your Natural Born Rights to the State, you no longer are the Master of your life.
Natural rights to have killing weapons? Now that is funny. What would Jesus say?

You boys have piles of NRA claptrap to fall back on, but, it is illogical, not grounded in fact, and just plain, well, claptrap.

America has been caught up in the demise of reason.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Natural rights to have killing weapons? Now that is funny. What would Jesus say?

You boys have piles of NRA claptrap to fall back on, but, it is illogical, not grounded in fact, and just plain, well, claptrap.

America has been caught up in the demise of reason.
First off, I'm not a member of the NRA, nor do I subscribe to middle east mysticism, e.g. Jesus...

My morals and ethics are derived from John Locke, the Age of Reason and the Sons of Liberty.

To simplify; I am not a democrat or a republican, I am an American with four (4) families in the Sons of the Revolution Charter (though I doubt you'll understand and/or honor the distinction).

IOW, I am a man without a country...

Moreover, I understand that your thoughts are afflicted by sound bytes you've ingested; and that you lack the frame of reference to understand what Natural Rights are; and what Natural Rights meant in the USofA, so I leave this here for you and the comrades to ponder (or not):

Quote:
WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Just wondering..how safe do you think Sharon Tate and the LaBiancas felt, finding themselves without adequate weapons to defend themselves from the murderous Manson family, who violated them without pause, slashing and stabbing over-and-over, no doubt hundreds of times before they died?

And to the point, how safe were the Jews, and other Nazi persecuted peoples, who were legally and totally disarmed in German occupied Europe from 1933-1945?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I find this pretty darned funny, as usual.. Oh, gotta have a couple thousand dollars of high technology to kill some poor grass eating prey animal!

No body hunts pronghorn or dear to put food on the table, you dress one of those poor things out and you have less than a trip to costco worth of meat. Management of game through hunting is nonsense. Only about 10% of hunters get their game. and if the goal was herd management Males would be shot, and predators introduced.
No funnier than sittin' on your porch, swilling beer with your buddies and taking shots at jays or some other non-game bird as was once crowed (maybe it was crows) about.

At the risk of being repetitive, last year hunters here donated over 400,000 pounds of white tail venison to food closets to feed the needy. Almost all eat or donate their kills, but then, this is a relatively poor state with a lot of hunting tradition. Our season restrictions specify buck only hunting periods. Perhaps you could sponsor something similar there.

I think that shooting your "dears" might be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies