Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:44 PM

51 posts, read 32,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Ah.....a Christaphobe, I should have known. How trendy.
People with this type of group think (God gives me the authority) have been dangerous through out history. You seem to want Government involved in this but do you want smaller Government as well?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Are you being obtuse on purpose? The poster was being snarky and condescending and instead of engaging in debate, debased the conversation into an attack on my spelling prowess, or lack thereof, and cited it as a reason for my post "not being clear" as he/she put it. It was lasoff's words, not mine.
The poster was being snarky and condescending - well deserved in my opinion. He/she did not say "not being clear". He/she said "more clear". Which is true.

But you've been accusing him of not understanding. It's quite clear that he/she did understand.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II;28400100[I
]It's spelled with a "c".[/i]

And, if I support x, do I support something that isn't x?

Why, yes, that's how logic works...so, yes, yes I do.
Already been addressed 10 pages ago. If you're a lazy poster in one thread, will you be a lazy poster in another? Why, yes

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 02-24-2013 at 03:53 PM..

Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
You sound very judgmental. Who are you to force your bigoted views on two consenting adults who want to marry. Why are you against incest equality?
Because, they. are. not. TWO. consenting. adults.

Can you not grasp this concept??

By the way, if they happened to be brother and sister who had not grown up together and had met as adults and strangers, I would have no problem with them marrying.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You're not good at rational thinking are you?
How have I tried to imply that gay marriage has always been the norm? Not a rhetorical question. Please answer this.

1 man 1 woman marriage is only 1 type of marriage that has been accepted throughout history.

Are you in favor of redefining marriage to only include 1 man 1 woman? If you support the redefining of marriage, do you also support consensual incest?
I don't agree with you, that is what I am saying. I agreed to take that out of the equation for arguments sake and simply reduce it to a matter of equality; the argument for homosexual marriage. If you support homosexual marriage, do you support consensual incest marriage? It's a yes or no question, but for some reason, you appear to really be struggling with it.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM

51 posts, read 32,570 times
Quote:
When you write words like "hide behind" you imply that something is wrong with that picture. What is wrong with that picture to you?
The picture is what you want this country to be. The picture represents a time when people who are like you were in charge. The others knew their place. This is what you want to return to. What that picture doesn't show is the way it really was for lots of people.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Really? You want to shrug off ignorance so simply? Guess that makes sense based on the thread.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the normal... of allowing people to marry animals.

The flaw in your logic is that "redefining" marriage leads to incestual relationships and their approval. that is likely why anyone with more than 1/2 a brain finds it pointless to answer. Nothing will sway your warped point of view.
In 12 pages, you can surely find the post where I said that, right?

I merely posed a question, yet so many of you refuse to answer it and either obfuscate or attack me personally. If you believe in homosexual marriage under the argument of equality, do you also support consensual incest marriage? Why or why not?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
I don't agree with you, that is what I am saying.
How can you not agree with me?

Do you deny the existence of polygamy?

Quote:
I agreed to take that out of the equation for arguments sake and simply reduce it to a matter of equality; the argument for homosexual marriage. If you support homosexual marriage, do you support consensual incest marriage? It's a yes or no question, but for some reason, you appear to really be struggling with it.
You must have missed, or misunderstood, this

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
No.

I do not support the government licensing nor recognition of marriage

If you do, why do you only support it for certain individuals?

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
The picture is what you want this country to be. The picture represents a time when people who are like you were in charge. The others knew their place. This is what you want to return to. What that picture doesn't show is the way it really was for lots of people.
This is what happens when your conception of the 1950s and 1960s comes through old sitcoms on TV Land. Scroll down and read the Father Knows Best thread. There was another one along the same lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
People with this type of group think (God gives me the authority) have been dangerous through out history. You seem to want Government involved in this but do you want smaller Government as well?
Who are you addressing, because I haven't said anything that you typed. P.S. "Group think" is a hallmark of political correctness with is a near religion to you Neo Progs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies