Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Incest is sexual abuse and dysfunction. "many nonhuman animal species and all known primates, have an evolved tendency to avoid matting between close relatives"
Abnormal Psychology Core Concepts,pg 347

Many words have several definitions and many sources have already been printing a definition of marriage that uses the phrase "two people." I think marriage is limited between two people who are legally allowed to have sexual relations or enter into a legal contract..
Up until the early 1970's virtually the exact same thing was said about homosexuality. We as a society evolve and mores change. Equality forever!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Incest is sexual abuse and dysfunction. "many nonhuman animal species and all known primates, have an evolved tendency to avoid matting between close relatives"
Abnormal Psychology Core Concepts,pg 347

Many words have several definitions and many sources have already been printing a definition of marriage that uses the phrase "two people." I think marriage is limited between two people who are legally allowed to have sexual relations or enter into a legal contract..
Yes, the bolded in the first paragraph is exactly my point, and why a relationship between a father and son cannot be considered in the same way as two people that meet and fall in love on their own terms.

The whole premise is fatally flawed.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes, the bolded in the first paragraph is exactly my point, and why a relationship between a father and son cannot be considered in the same way as two people that meet and fall in love on their own terms.

The whole premise is fatally flawed.
Mind your own business. If a GROWN father and son wish to marry, what business is it of yours?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM

51 posts, read 32,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You got ALL of that from a picture? Good Lord, I'd hate to see your therapy bills.
Again, I didn't expect you to get it.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Who are you addressing, because I haven't said anything that you typed. P.S. "Group think" is a hallmark of political correctness with is a near religion to you Neo Progs.
What is a neo prog specifically? I saw you say it is the progressive version of a neocon but that doesn't really explain anything to me. Since progressives aren't a version of conservatives, saying the neo prog is the progressive version of a neocon doesn't make sense to me. I tried googling it and came up empty. How does a neo prog differ from a "regular" progressive?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:04 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Up until the early 1970's virtually the exact same thing was said about homosexuality. We as a society evolve and mores change. Equality forever!
There is no EQUALITY between two adults when one of them is being abused by the other.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
I don't think it is a good idea to look to human history in a broad context for guidance in defining our laws and values.. Democratic countries have made great strides in the last 100 years improving the quality of life of countless individuals. If we have the opportunity to enact laws in the support of equality and respectful of the rights of individuals than this is what should be driving our laws, not millenia old traditions.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
What name? Neo Prog is just the other side of Neo Con. Btw, you may not have called me any specific names, but in several threads you've implied that I'm a racist, bigot, etc. Sounds like you suffer from a case of "candishycan'ttakey-itis.
OK the Neo Con. How did I do that? You started this thread to attack a group of people did you not?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,735,118 times
The word "support" is a bit vague. I would not want to encourage it, or go out and campaign for it, or donate money for it, but so long as two people are of legal age to get married, and they agree to take all reasonable precautions to avoid pregnancy, I see no reason why the law should prevent it. I think this is one of those areas where the true meaning of individual liberty is put to the test. It's easy for a society to claim that it supports individual liberty in easy situations were the majority agree that it's okay (e.g., you are free to eat meat, if you want), but the real test of a society's resolve comes in the tough situations in which the majority find the activity to be extremely immoral or distasteful. The burden of proof should be on the supporters of a legal restriction to show that some tangible harm is being done to actual people. You should have to clearly identify who the actual victims are, and exactly what sort of harm is being done. Perhaps this can be done in the case of incest, but at the moment I am skeptical about that.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Making fun of equality again I see. Do you hate that word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies