Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This is not true. There are many counter examples. Here's just one.
Polygamy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Citation requested.
Those are still men to women, just multiple women to take care of multiple children created by said union. I have no issue with polygamy within the structure of this religion.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
God needs you to smite them.
He can do it himself if it bothers Him so much.

[i have better things to do]

Old 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times
Quote:
The picture is what you want this country to be. The picture represents a time when people who are like you were in charge. The others knew their place. This is what you want to return to. What that picture doesn't show is the way it really was for lots of people.
You got ALL of that from a picture? Good Lord, I'd hate to see your therapy bills.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Who are you addressing, because I haven't said anything that you typed. P.S. "Group think" is a hallmark of political correctness with is a near religion to you Neo Progs.
You show no understanding of the meaning of "political correctness." It means an orthodoxy of thought, one in which contrary opinions are not tolerated. Do you know how many of your comrades react when someone says something remotely critical of soldiers or the military? That's political correctness. Things that are said that some group thinks should not even be uttered. Along those same lines, many of your comrades will become offended when someone questions their religious beliefs. That is also political correctness.

BTW, why do so many of you religious types so frequently denigrate religion? It does not escape my notice that you frequently condemn science as, itself, a religion. When you do this, you are clearly not issuing a compliment. If I were religious, the last thing I would do is call science a "religion." Or atheism, as many of you also do. So, when you classify "political correctness" (which in your mind is synonymous with "liberalism") as a religion, you are taking the odd step of denigrating religion itself. Why do you folks do this? I've seen it many times.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM

51 posts, read 32,596 times
Quote:
Who are you addressing, because I haven't said anything that you typed. P.S. "Group think" is a hallmark of political correctness with is a near religion to you Neo Progs.
Why call names? Did I call you one? Answer the question please. Smaller Government or Religious big Government keeping all of them under control?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. If you support redefining marriage, do you support a mother marrying her daughter, if they both are consenting adults? Or a father and son? Why or why not? Thanks
Obviously the idea is instantly repulsive to people, which is of course why you asked the question.

However, objectively, I can't think of a reason why not to "support" it in the sense of refusing to outlaw it.

Beyond it being disgusting, the practical reason for an incest taboo is that any offspring will be at greater risk for birth defects. So one would prohibit it the same way many people consider it child abuse for a pregnant woman to take drugs.

In the case of a same sex relationship, though, there will be no offspring. So I'm not sure what basis there would be for being against it beyond the fact that I personally don't like it.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:57 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Incest is sexual abuse and dysfunction. "many nonhuman animal species and all known primates, have an evolved tendency to avoid matting between close relatives"
Abnormal Psychology Core Concepts,pg 347

Many words have several definitions and many sources have already been printing a definition of marriage that uses the phrase "two people." I think marriage is limited between two people who are legally allowed to have sexual relations or enter into a legal contract..

Old 02-24-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Why call names? Did I call you one? Answer the question please. Smaller Government or Religious big Government keeping all of them under control?
What name? Neo Prog is just the other side of Neo Con. Btw, you may not have called me any specific names, but in several threads you've implied that I'm a racist, bigot, etc. Sounds like you suffer from a case of "candishycan'ttakey-itis.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Obviously the idea is instantly repulsive to people, which is of course why you asked the question.

However, objectively, I can't think of a reason why not to "support" it in the sense of refusing to outlaw it.

Beyond it being disgusting, the practical reason for an incest taboo is that any offspring will be at greater risk for birth defects. So one would prohibit it the same way many people consider it child abuse for a pregnant woman to take drugs.

In the case of a same sex relationship, though, there will be no offspring. So I'm not sure what basis there would be for being against it beyond the fact that I personally don't like it.
A, Keep your hands out of their wombs, that's their decision NOT yours.
B. Homosexual sex may lead to AIDS. Do you not think that gay couples are not able to handle this situation in an intelligent fashion?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM

51 posts, read 32,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
He can do it himself if it bothers Him so much.

[i have better things to do]
Yea, but he needs you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies