Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
From your posts you are anti-God and anti-religion. So you need to follow your way and I need to follow mine. I think mine is best and you think yours is best. BUT right now your side is trying to change the law that I am against. I need to speak up.
You are exactly right, you have the constitutional right to believe as you wish, to speak what you believe as you wish, and live your life as you wish within the laws of the state inwhich you live, in the nation inwhich you live. As does every other American.

Welcome to constitutional realization.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Maybe you are Catholic like I am. If you are I do need to remind you if you deny what God says and what our Church says it can border on scandal, etc. It's hard to stand up and say what Jesus told us to spread the gospel to all corners of the earth but that is our mission. It's hard, I agree.

We can only point to the bible and what our Church says then it is certainly up to the individual to do with it what they may. But if you are Catholic you cannot support gay marriage or abortion or any other sin and not be held accountable yourself.

I know many Christians want to argue this from a secular point of view, like O'Reilly said but personally I don't think any secular argument will get anywhere. It all comes back to the bible and there are millions of people who follow God's word and we can't do anything else. It may seem to be hard and not charitable but following the Ten Commandments is never easy. We are told it won't be easy so don't expect it to be.
Our laws don't and won't "go back to the bible". YOU are free to follow YOUR religious beliefs.
I will fight tooth and nail if you try to force ME to live by YOUR religious beliefs.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
The majority of people in our country are religious of some kind and most of those religious are against SSM. If you are concerned about taxes, etc. there could be another arrangement of SS couples can enter into that would take care of that.

That is not what the radical gays want, they want gay marriage. Please watch the video I posted if you want to learn more.
And yet over 50% of the population is in favor of SSM.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is broken heterosexuality. We are all born heterosexual.
This has got to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on here. And that's really saying a lot. Homosexuality is broken heterosexuality? I just read that to my best friend who happens to be a lesbian, and she literally spit out her drink from laughing so hard. Do you people even hear yourselves? Do you realize how delusional and insane you sound? And by the way, I don't believe that a "heterosexual gene" has been found either, so you are making a foolish assumption that we are all born heterosexual. You certainly aren't basing that statement on science.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM

596 posts, read 730,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Our laws don't and won't "go back to the bible". YOU are free to follow YOUR religious beliefs.
I will fight tooth and nail if you try to force ME to live by YOUR religious beliefs.
As will I!! Why do some religious people refuse to comprehend that we don't all believe the way they do? You cannot base legislation on religious beliefs because we do not all share the same religious views. How hard is that for people to comprehend? I am not religious, so I certainly have no desire to follow laws based on an antiquated book that I don't even believe in.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,072,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
Next it will be to legalize marriage with your pet dog or cat. Just wait and see.
[URL="http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/marriage-equality-means-legalized-polygamy-too-slate-columnist"]LifeSiteNews Mobile | ‘Marriage equality’ means legalized polygamy too: Slate columnist[/URL]
The very concept of "same-sex marriage" is as ludicrous as dehydrated water. They both are oxymorons.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
The very concept of "same-sex marriage" is as ludicrous as dehydrated water. They both are oxymorons.
Well don't worry. Once same sex marriage has been legal for a while it will just be Marriage.
No one will say "My son same sex married his boyfriend" they will just say "My son married his boyfriend"

Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Well don't worry. Once same sex marriage has been legal for a while it will just be Marriage.
No one will say "My son same sex married his boyfriend" they will just say "My son married his boyfriend"
This! ^^

And I can't wait! The sooner, the better.

Some of these people are in for a rude awakening.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Well maybe your members and leadership should have researched Obamacare more closely instead of joining in with democrats and other unions in republican bashing. Republicans were shouting from the roof tops about how bad Obamacare will be for Americans, The economy and our freedoms. But Noooooo republicans don't know what they were talking about, We were just hating on the chosen one which is Obama. Now you can enjoy the misery like the rest of us. Don't feel bad though because as the months pass more and more buyers remorse will be made known but now it's to late because Obama won his 2nd term and now has nothing to lose.
Janelle, I thought that as a Christian, you don't hate anyone. Speaking out of both sides of your mouth, I see....

Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
If you can remove part of the definition of "marriage" that has existed since time immemorial, why can't you remove other parts too?

Just because the other stuff hasn't been chopped, doesn't mean it's not on the chopping block.
Because each restriction has to stand or fail based on it's own merits.
But the agenda to change the definition of marriage to include same-sex unions, had no merits. Yet it is what the gay advocate are pushing. Even though gays already had completely equal rights in marriage that heteros do.

When the next pressure group wants to further change it to include polygamy, that will have the same merit as changing it for same-sex unions: None. But clearly, that won't stop the pressure group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies