Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I suppose that's true. I mean, for many people, SNAP supplements their starvation "diet" with some food
Good one. Everything is relative. They should just go back to the old name Food Stamps and be done with that. I hate it when government (or any entity) changes a name of a program remove the stigma. It is what it is. Nothing to be ashamed of. People need to get fed. But don't call it supplemental if it's not supplemental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
I just looked it up. $200 a month for one person seems to be the federal max. I don't know if other states allow higher amounts.

People in Household Maximum Monthly Allotment 1 $ 200
2 $ 367
3 $ 526
4 $ 668
5 $ 793
6 $ 952
7 $ 1,052
8 $ 1,202
Each additional person $ 150

How Much Could I Receive?

That really is not a lot. I don't get how some neo-confederates on here can legitimately claim to see people with SNAP cards buy so much good food
Lol... usually that family is on line w/ the Easter Bunny

Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 PM

287 posts, read 185,196 times
Quote:
Yeah but the "job creators" are better than all of us and deserve to be subsidized 100% with 0% tax rates on all wealth and subsidies on their business activities
Yea, I denote the justified sarcastic tone. Everyone wants to lift up the welfare mama of 3 kids raking in that whopping 120 a week, while the "job downsizers" float off on the "One for all and all for me" gravy train.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Not surprisingly, and brightest red states also have the most welfare recipients.
Not surprisingly the brightest red states also have the highest percentages of Blacks.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
I KNEW someone was going to come along and post this non-sense. YES you can buy anything that is fresh, including filet mignon but how much is that one purchase going to put a dent into your allowance? Please elaborate for all of us. SNAP recipients do not have $200 allowance for each type of food . You can choose to buy a few cuts of filet mignon and have it last a week at most, or you can buy cheap crap that lasts you until the next EBT recharge. What you posted is misinformation

Most of our poor urban neighborhoods (like 7th,8th,9th wards in your nations Capital) and many poor rural areas don't have decent supermarkets (NE or SE Washington doesn't even have a WallyMart). So buying expensive fresh food or expensive gourmet foods is an academic exercise only. Good eating is whats on the shelf at your local bodega or 7-11. A bottle of Coke, bag of Fritos and an microwaveable instant Kraft Mac and Cheese, or Bean Burrito or Nissan Shrimp and Noodles, and don't forget the Hostess Twinkee foir desert makes for a darn good supper! And once a week you can splurge and hit the Mckey D's or Taco Bell for for some real dining and you supersize it of course.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Here is a fact. Too many people are on welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Good one. Everything is relative. They should just go back to the old name Food Stamps and be done with that. I hate it when government (or any entity) changes a name of a program remove the stigma. It is what it is. Nothing to be ashamed of. People need to get fed. But don't call it supplemental if it's not supplemental.
Yep, people need to get fed so GET A JOB!

And it IS something to be ashamed of. You are living off other people who are working to put food on your table. think about that everytime you eat. Someone had to go to work, away from their own kids, missing holidays, middle their daughters or sons birthday, having to go to work as their little girls says, "mommy please stay home". That mother or father who has to tell their kid they can't afford something their kid really wants because they are struggling to make ends meet while you, the welfare slug waits for government to take money from them so you can eat.

And you say that is nothing to be ashamed of. You don't have the decency to be ashamed.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Lady with 15 kids say, someone's gotta be held accountable, somebodies gotta pay.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
I KNEW someone was going to come along and post this non-sense. YES you can buy anything that is fresh, including filet mignon but how much is that one purchase going to put a dent into your allowance? Please elaborate for all of us. SNAP recipients do not have $200 allowance for each type of food . You can choose to buy a few cuts of filet mignon and have it last a week at most, or you can buy cheap crap that lasts you until the next EBT recharge. What you posted is misinformation

I don't know what they get, but I always see them in line ahead of me buying effin' Jumbo shrimp, king crab legs and rib eye steaks, not mention ice cream, and not that cheap-a** store brand crap I have to buy. It's Hagen Das and Ben and Jerry's.

Of course, who's to say if it's even their card since the benefits are routinely sold for dimes on the dollar by drug addicts.

How do you think I feel when I see that and realize the only reason I can't give my family top of the line groceries the way they do is because I work for a living?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not surprisingly the brightest red states also have the highest percentages of Blacks.
There are Black republicans you know

Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times
And then there is this:

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare | Judicial Watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies