Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,481,251 times

Advertisements

Isn't that how the Dem's roll? They decide everything for everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 08:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
that's just stupid. Cruz is a carpet bagger, born in Canada and a ivory-league elitist opportunist. But still "Hispanic".

What's the "ivory-league?" Did you mean "IVY-League," which means the eight top private universities (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Pennsylvania, Princeton, and Yale?)

Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Oh the irony...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,849,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Democrats now get to decide who is and is not Hispanic?

William Blaine Richardson, a democrat who is Hispanic in every way except his name (?) said yesterday that Rafael Edward Cruz should not be considered HISPANIC.

Really BILL? REALLY democrats?

Exactly how does this work? You get to be Hispanic if you believe the way you are supposed to? The way you are told to believe by democrats? I suppose this is what it means to be “pro-minority”?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/06/bill-richardson-rejects-ted-cruzs-hispanic-heritage-because-of-immigration-stance/
Why the thing on accenting Bill Richardson's full name? His father was a U.S. citizen born on a ship in transit across the Atlantic, so he wanted his children to be born in the United States. Even though that happened, Bill remained in Mexico (the country of his mother's citizenship) until age 12 (his sister has remained in Mexico, and is a doctor in Mexico City). Despite the name, he is plenty Hispanic.

Someone can also have a Hispanic surname (like the maiden name of Dina Ruiz, Clint Eastwood's wife), and not be of Hispanic ancestry...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's the view you get when you get your news from an agenda site like the Daily Caller.

This is Richardson's exact quote from ABC:

What Richardson is saying is that his politics does not represent that of most Hispanics.

OK Captian news police.

Here is the quote from the Daily Caller that I linked to

[LEFT]“Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform. No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas, a conservative state. And I respect Texas’ choice. But what I don’t like is when you try to get things done — it’s OK to be strong and state your views, your ideology, but I’ve seen him demean the office, be rude to other senators, not be part of, I think, the civility that is really needed in Washington.”

How different is that from what you quoted and took shots at the linked story?

Stop being obtuse.... wait...not possible....

what Mr. Richardson was saying was, Cruz does not act or believe the way I (Bill Richardson the hispanic with the Anglo name who was raised with two platnium spoons in his mouth) want him to. Ergo, Cruz is NOT HISPANIC.

(Once again, we get from the left side of the isle: SHUT UP!)

come to think of it, we get double SHUT UP>
First from Bill (im more hispanic than you even if my name is William Blaine Richardson)
Then from MA TECH who doesnt like non-approved news sources.

Hey techy dude, how about you give us a graph on how William is more hispanic than Rafael?

geez
[/LEFT]

Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Why the thing on accenting Bill Richardson's full name? His father was a U.S. citizen born on a ship in transit across the Atlantic, so he wanted his children to be born in the United States. Even though that happened, Bill remained in Mexico (the country of his mother's citizenship) until age 12 (his sister has remained in Mexico, and is a doctor in Mexico City). Despite the name, he is plenty Hispanic.

Someone can also have a Hispanic surname (like the maiden name of Dina Ruiz, Clint Eastwood's wife), and not be of Hispanic ancestry...
Because William is saying that Rafael is NOT HISPANIC. That is why.

Please note, the liberals here are avoiding talking about the reality of one of thiers being obsensly offensive by deflecting the argument to me using Mr Richardson's actual name...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What in the hell is a "liberal elitist banker?"

*SIGH*

You don't know a damn thing about that man's father.
A Citibank executive with ties to MA worth mucho dinero. Sends his kid to prep school and private college.

If he was white the liberals would paint him as Enemy #1. Ask Mitt.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:15 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with the Ambassador. So that you don't embarrass youself in front of an audience ...take the time to read-up on his background.

I am very familiar with this idiot.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Richardson
“No, no. He’s anti-immigration. Almost every Hispanic in the country wants to see immigration reform. No, I don’t think he should be defined as a Hispanic. He’s a politician from Texas. A conservative state. And I respect Texas’ choice. But what I don’t like is… when you try to get things done, it’s okay to be strong and state your views, your ideology. But I’ve seen him demean the office, be rude to other senators, not be part of, I think, the civility that is really needed in Washington.”
Why do Democrats continually obsess about race? Why is that all they ever see when they look at a person?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Why argue?

Let Cruz run. I say, put him on every ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies