Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 02:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
For the same reason you left wing kooks all project Zimmerman is guilty and was out to kill a black man that night..
There are a lot of vested interest in protecting the rule of law in our country, which is innocent until proven guilty.
I don't really see too many people pushing a pro-Martin story line. It seems like the majority of threads are people rooting for Zimmerman's innocence. To tell you the truth, I usually forget about the case until I come here to talk politics and then I see certain threads pertaining to the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Why do people have such an interest in hoping he is guilty?
don't counter with an astute observation....it's frowned upon.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:17 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Why do people have such an interest in hoping he is guilty?
I don't know. That's weird to me also, but most of the threads around here are rooting for Zimmerman's innocence.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:17 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
See what I mean, stupidity like this has me thankful to no longer be a left winger.. The amount of hate one must have to hold this position is astounding.
How is an accurate observation based on people's statements "hate"?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Can you quote the posts where people have fantasized about killing a black teen? Thanks.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:19 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Can you quote the posts where people have fantasized about killing a black teen? Thanks.
I don't need to quote them. They're all over.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
What statements indicate that Zimmerman or other Republicans want to kill black people? If projecting the killing of individuals based upon color of skin, isnt hate, then I question what your definition of the word is.
Quote:
I don't need to quote them. They're all over.
But you couldnt quote just one?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
What statements indicate that Zimmerman or other Republicans want to kill black people? If projecting the killing of individuals based upon color of skin, isnt hate, then I question what your definition of the word is.

Quote:

It's going to be a long wait......

Old 05-24-2013, 02:25 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's sad how some people have such a vested interest in hoping George Zimmerman is innocent. I wonder why that is?
I don't have a vested interest in Zimmerman's innocence. I think he's probably an idiot.
But I do have a vested interest in the truth. Being an idiot doesn't mean that you deserve to have a PR smear campaign started against you by a hired PR gun and some crazy activist lawyers.

It was clear early on that this whole story was built on lies, starting with the 5 year old pics and the honor student story.

The hired PR guy, the media and the Martin family attorneys stirred up this whole thing based on lies and it had far reaching consequences for people not involved. The media edited tapes to keep the narrative going.

Even if you don't care about the death threats to Zimmerman or any of his family, innocent people were threatened, harassed, beaten, etc.

Spike Lee tweets wrong address of Trayvon Martin's shooter; elderly couple flees after threats | syracuse.com

Suspect says he beat teen because he was angry over Trayvon Martin case - Chicago Tribune

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store | News - Home

Police are investigating the beating of a 27-year-old man who said he was attacked by several men who shouted “Trayvon.” | Gainesville.com

A beating at Church and Brambleton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

I would say the better question is why does anyone have such a vested interest in hiding the truth? Everyone not involved should want the truth to come out and let the chips fall as they may.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Right, but why put so much time and energy into pushing a Zimmerman is innocent message. It really doesn't make sense. Why not just let the trial happen and see what the verdict is?
Why put so much time and effort into a "Zimmerman is guilty" message? No reason for it. Should have been a pretty simple case of self defense, and was at first. Until the MSM decided to try to spin the whole case 180 degrees and make the assailant look like an innocent, 13 year old angel.

It will be an interesting trial and interesting to see the actual evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies