Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 07:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And you're back with another name.
yup

Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
But this WASN'T Detroit. This was a young man in HIS neighborhood. He shouldn't have to had some random fat guy following him. If some dude was following me, I would absolutely think he's up to no good.

Every black person isn't ghetto, just like every white person isn't a member of the Klan. We could also ask why are most of the racist groups in this country composed of white people. Does that mean most white people are naturally hateful???
My God, no, he was NOT in HIS neighborhood. His was visiting his daddy's girlfriend because his momma kicked his beligerant ass out. He was a stranger to the area.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
He was found with a screwdriver in his backpack. Did he steal women's jewelry? He might have. Kids do strange stuff, especially when a divorce has screwed things up. He very well might have been headed down the wrong road.

As everyone should expect in our system, people are innocent until proven guilty. George can be a hothead, capable of flicking a switch and being set off. Trayvon was 17, I'm sure he could be unpredictable at times as well. I'm sure his parents now wish they stayed together and Trayvon was back in sports. But he did do some volunteer work with his dad. He was just an average student, but was seemingly interested in aviation.

But on that night, it matters not what the reputations of GZ or TM were. It was a bizarre set of circumstances. In 99% of the communities in the country, it would have been a normal night. George said it was God's will. In a way, he's right. Whatever happened that night, it changed peoples lives forever, including George's. I know the frustration that people like George live with, it's not easy. Most people don;t flip, but some do. Trayvon may also have been agitated. He was suspended from school, sent to his dad's house. It was a special set of circumstances that I seriously doubt either man would have ever been prepared for.

Someone made a big mistake, and one of them is dead.

Once you leave the racial stuff and speculation at the door, there is time for reflection, and hopefully, reconciliation. It used to be that tragic events like this made people reflect on their actions and their characters. Nowadays, it seems to make people worse off than before. Sad commentary.
Very reasonable post

Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
She's 19, almost 20 years old. She isn't a child, she is an ADULT in the eyes of the law and everyone with an ounce of common sense.
According to the law but her maturity level is obviously not on par with that number. If you want to look at just numbers there are grown men and women who are in their 40's that are mentality handicapped and have the mental capacity of a 6 year old, but legally they are adults as well.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
My God, no, he was NOT in HIS neighborhood. His was visiting his daddy's girlfriend because his momma kicked his beligerant ass out. He was a stranger to the area.
If his father lived there, then YES it was his neighborhood. He belonged there because his father lived there, end of story. It wasn't like he was walking around some random neighborhood that he had no business being in.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
heh, heh, that's our little DeeDee. Ain't she a cutie!
I have other words to describe lawyers in general. There is a reason so many jokes are made about lawyers.
She did have a valid point. She was TM's friend. Why would he lie about it to her?
That lawyer is annoying as the day is long, but then many are. My own included.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
That poor court stenographer is probably on suicide watch right now.
Nope, PTSD and severe carpal tunnel syndrome. I sure hope they also do an audio recording like most courts do nowadays so they can check their work.
My next question is when the "N" word is spoken do they copy down the whole word or do they just put a capitol "N"?
I guess that'd depend on if the stenographer was white or black right?

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Of the eight burglaries in the 15 months that were committed in that neighborhood prior to the Trayvon incident, all the perps that were caught were BLACK. What does that tell you?
It tells me that none of them were Trayvon, and it also tells me that thry need to beef up security with real cops instead of wannabees like zimmerman.

Incidentally where did you get that information from and will you care to post it?

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
According to the law but her maturity level is obviously not on par with that number. If you want to look at just numbers there are grown men and women who are in their 40's that are mentality handicapped and have the mental capacity of a 6 year old, but legally they are adults as well.
This isn't about maturity, this is about ignorance. She's not immature, she's very very stupid.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Okay, where are they going with the social media thing? So she had some contact with George Zimmerman's brother? Interesting.
Bernie's effort to impeach his own witness bombed. He knows less about social media than West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies