Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 09:05 PM

515 posts, read 625,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know, you are exactly right. They hated him from day 1
No, everyone has their preferences and regardless of skin color this country is politically divided. The majority of those that hated him from day one hated him because he was a Democrat.

The rest is just insults and conjecture. People aren't afraid that this country and the world are becoming less and less racist.

Look around, it is getting worse.

Muslims seek to wipe all others off the face of the planet. We fight in this country amoungst blacks, whites and hispanics. There is still genocide in Africa. In Muslim countries, gender based offenses are rampant.

No one is worried, even the ones with hate in their hearts, that this world or our country is getting too bright or rosy.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:05 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You seem to be very, very worried about a group of people that I suspect you are not a part of. Want to talk about it? (I say, like a therapist).
If me posting factual data causes you to deflect and think I have a problem, maybe you should look in the mirror.

This "group of people" are a part of our society that has huge problems that effect us all. Blacks were doing much better as a whole in the past, despite real racism they faced. However once we started treating them like victims incapable of fending for themselves and giving financial incentives that helped create fatherless homes, things have gone down exponentially.
Young boys of any race need a father figure to guide them into becoming responsible young men in our society. Sure single mothers and grandmothers do their best, but it is no substation for a man in the house helping to raise them. Once the boys reach a certain age, there is no one to keep them in line, and they know it.
Until this problem is addressed, we can pretend white people are the problem all we want, but things will only get worse.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,956 times
I finally had an opportunity to read Obama's remarks from today. That man is doing his best to divide this country, no doubt about it. I've never seen a modern day president be so overtly and maliciously divisive than I have now.

It's almost as if he's using this debacle as a device to keep Americans looking the other way, or to get steamed about an issue that shouldn't even be an issue at all - as if he wants our attention diverted so that his administration and congress can continue to operate with complete impunity from the American citizen.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Jews didn't persecute other Jews. Blacks in Africa are just as liable for enabling the slave trade and committing crimes against other blacks as they are now in this country and in Africa as well.
That's not true.

German Jews looked down upon Russian born and raised Jews the way the Scots-Irish looked down upon the Irish. Basically, Western European Jews did not care for Eastern European Jews. The former much preferred the company--and closer identification--with gentile Western Europeans and mainstream, middle-class American whites.

Some Jews were ideological sympathizers of the Nazis in the beginning, until it became clear to them that Nazis were going to kill and exterminate Jews. The Jewish founders of Israel had some questionable association with Jews as well.

In the nation-state of Israel their have been some accusations of racism against Ethiopian Jews in the country. While essentially a converted people, over some thousands of years ago, it's worthwhile distinguish "Hebrew" from "Jewish." The a pagan can be the former and the latter can be of non-ethnic Hebrew ancestry.

Just wanted point that out.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
No, everyone has their preferences and regardless of skin color this country is politically divided. The majority of those that hated him from day one hated him because he was a Democrat.

The rest is just insults and conjecture. People aren't afraid that this country and the world are becoming less and less racist.

Look around, it is getting worse.

Muslims seek to wipe all others off the face of the planet. We fight in this country amoungst blacks, whites and hispanics. There is still genocide in Africa. In Muslim countries, gender based offenses are rampant.

No one is worried, even the ones with hate in their hearts, that this world or our country is getting too bright or rosy.

Oh no, have you ever seen such animosity and such vile and racists comments toward any other dem president. I can understand if they have been if office for awhile and they don't like his politics. But this started from the day he was elected and he hadn't even enacted any policies

Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
If only........

Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That's crazy. How is that possible. In my state you get called and your good to go for the next 3 years.
Not here, I been called several times in a year but am too white and male to get on a jury.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:16 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trayvon Martin could have been me"

Looking at Obama's sheltered life withgoing to private schools in his early life and elite colleges, I doubt it.
He said it HAD happened to him. And he was in the mainland for a number of years in a number of places before doing law school at Harvard.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not here, I been called several times in a year but am too white and male to get on a jury.
Well, you do live in a TX.... not the best run state by any means.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
That just makes no sense to me. Isn't it a lottery system there. You did your duty and should not be put back into the system for awhile,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies