Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 07:28 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You know what this reminds me of.....

" I dont know all the facts, but..."

This jack ass needs to learn to just shut up. But a bit hard when the media doesnt ever call him out on his bs.
The Constitution Of The United States, for me, but not for thee?

FIRST AMENDMENT: AN OVERVIEW

First Amendment | LII / Legal Information Institute

Quote:
This jack ass
Disrespectful to say the least. I don't like your message, but I'll stop short of saying you should shut up.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:30 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
"Looked down upon", "did not care for", "much preferred the company", "ideological sympathizers". If only black on black crime was so gentile.

What you have highlighted in no way compares to the hundreds of years of Black Africans raping, killing, beheading and making slaves of fellow Black Africans. It still goes on to this day in Africa and the lack of unification amoung US blacks and the ongoing crimes against each other: gang killings, robbery, males impregnating and not marrying or supporting black mothers, dealing drugs within their own communities to black community members, etc..

If only blacks would just "look down upon" other blacks instead.

Who is the greater evil? Your white neighbor who may be slow to give a hand out or a hand up or your fellow black neighbor who is willing to cut your hand off to help his own?
SO, let's see if I'm understanding what you're spewing. You're saying that African-Americans were the masters, and the ones enslaving, killing, beating, humiliating, and denying lives to African-Americans all the way up to the 1960s?

Old 07-20-2013, 07:31 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>> Good insight. Once again, it was all about him.
As good as a speaker as he is, he would be so much more effective if he would leave out making it all about him.
The man needs to go back to Toast Masters and learn how to better relate to his audience and leave out all the I's and Me's.

It may not help if he's as big of a Narcissist as he comes off in his speeches.

He comes off as the very boring guy at the office that everyone avoids and ignores.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Still some honesty from the Left. Great read here.

Obama Addresses George Zimmerman Verdict - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Quote:
As a former Constitutional law professor, I would expect our President to acknowledge that the purpose of a criminal trial is not to send messages to the American public. It is merely to test the Government's evidence: Did the state prove guilt and disprove self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt.

By the President comparing himself to Martin 35 years ago, is he saying he would have responded as Martin did, and physically attacked someone for following him? I hope not because our laws do not allow such conduct. It is not illegal for a private citizen to follow someone. It is illegal to physically assault another person who has not threatened him with the imminent use of force.

I am very disappointed that the President has chosen to endorse those who have turned a case of assault and self-defense into a referendum on race and civil rights. And that he is using it to support those with an agenda of restricting gun rights.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Really? So how many whites were lynched by blacks? Furthermore, the statistics you are pulling out of thin air, or the ones out of your ass?

Personally, I prefer real sources (not that your ass is inanimate). FBI — FBI Releases 2011 Hate Crime Statistics
Lynching?? Is that still going on in 2013???

Old 07-20-2013, 07:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
When I am out driving and a male is walking, whether he's white, black, green, yellow or blue, young, old, or in a wheelchair, I lock my car and move, take off, re-park, get away. WHY? BECAUSE the U.S. is one helluva f*d up place where there are more guns than people - thanks, NRA, you buncha a-holes! Also because it's not women that are shooting, raping, and beating women. It's males.
You should start a petition on the WH website...

Quote:
Obama should go down to the National Archives and pull the Constitution out of its case and burn it in front of the whole world. Sign here if you believe this.
I'm sure about 30% of the people will sign up (snickers)

Old 07-20-2013, 08:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Nope. Never enough actually. He asks for it and deserves it.

Maybe you should start a few Obama brown-noser threads. Its what you people do every time you talk about the guy.
I neither Brown-nose nor hate Obama. I take his side to dick with the fools that can't stand him...

I love to see them **** their panites.

Do you really think it makes one bit of difference to anyone if you internet club the President on issues?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 AM

515 posts, read 624,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Well, back when Jews from Russia were the impoverished people living in the U.S. ghettos beside the Italians and Irish, and were well represented in ethnic criminal gangs, and were prominent prize fighters, these Jews from Russia could be as predatory on their own fellow Jews as La Cosa Nostra was on their fellow Sicilians/Italians and Crips on Black-Americans.

Maxwell Street in Chicago during the early 20th Century was supposedly a very violent and crime ridden Jewish neighborhood.

But you are right, today Jews are usually well-off and network professionally with one another very well.

In a certain sense you are correct. Black Africa arguably has provided more of its people to roles of enslavement to others that were not black than any other race or or non-black ethnicity on earth. I'm sure ancient Jews enslaved other Jews (you'd get that impression from biblical comments about slaves). Not unlikely on the scale of black Africa for so long.

Well... they could be pretty prejudice. To know what I mean you'd have to know that the Jews from Germany that moved to the United States usually moved right into the middle-class right away. Many were well educated in Germany and were in the upper-middle-classes or middle-classes in that country. In Russia they were often dirt and poor, lacked much formal education, and discriminated against in the Czars' Russia. When they came to the U.S. they moved immediately into the ghettos. That being akin in some ways to the difference between the Scots-Irish and Irish in the United States when each came to the U.S.

The Scots-Irish being essentially people of Scottish ancestry that moved to Northern Ireland. The Irish being those native to Ireland. The former were often formerly educated and moved immediately into the U.S. middle-class when arriving into the United States. The latter were usually not formerly educated, not past a certain grade, and were poor and hungry (some starving) when they arrived penniless in the United States. So, bad was it in Ireland during the Potatoes Famine that some would sell the clothing off their back to get money for a little food to eat. Their English landed wealthy had plenty but would rather see the Irish starve or sail off to America than help tame their hunger. There is a certain malice in that.

So, while I'm not so sure German Jews would have watched Russian Jews starve to death in front of them--even for German Jews that might have been a bit much--the German Jews did look down their noses at Jews from Russia the way Scots-Irish did to the Irish and the way Northern Italians have towards Sicilians.

The latter of course.

I was only pointing out the Jews have not been this one monolithic group that has always treated each other with the best of intentions and with love and respect.
Fair enough and well written. I agree, the world can be a horrible place. In this country, however, there tends to be a focus on the malice committed solely by "white" americans as if they are sole proprietors of poor treatment of others. In fact, as highlighted by both of us, in many ways "white" america is no where near the level of historic and current violence towards others as is the rest of the world.

At least in the US "white" America has provided a legal system, educational system and opportunity for individualism and freedom for all that although is not always the case is more than just lip service and a better model than the world has seen before.

I doubt that if the "keys" were given to any other race or ethnic group over the past there would have been any better opportunity or environment created for the enhancement of any other groups involved.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:05 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Still some honesty from the Left. Great read here.

Obama Addresses George Zimmerman Verdict - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
Good article, Sharpton should read it before he goes out marching today.

Quote:
Whether Martin was black, white or purple was not a factor at the time of the shooting. Zimmerman's will to live without permanent brain damage was entirely reasonable. Stand your ground or no stand your ground, self-defense is judged by the circumstances that existed at the time deadly force was used.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
As good as a speaker as he is, he would be so much more effective if he would leave out making it all about him.
The man needs to go back to Toast Masters and learn how to better relate to his audience and leave out all the I's and Me's.

It may not help if he's as big of a Narcissist as he comes off in his speeches.

He comes off as the very boring guy at the office that everyone avoids and ignores.
I think he was trying to personalize it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies