Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 08:07 AM

515 posts, read 624,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
SO, let's see if I'm understanding what you're spewing. You're saying that African-Americans were the masters, and the ones enslaving, killing, beating, humiliating, and denying lives to African-Americans all the way up to the 1960s?
No, I am saying that with all the focus on "white" americans the truth is somehow muddled and "white" americans are not the sole purveyors of hate.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:08 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
notice how no white male republicans wished nelson mandela a happy 95th birthday?
How do you know and so what - what does it have to do with the thread??

Maybe they had hit "LIKE" on FB when they saw the post that said "Happy Birthday Nelson Mandela".

Old 07-20-2013, 08:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why are some you are bitching about what the president said about racism considering we all know that he is not going to do anything anyway
Based on the reactions, I would say that Obama is sitting back and thinking "Mission Accomplished".

Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Nothing more than throwing a match on the pile ... thanks mr. idiot
You'll notice POTUS did something highly irregular for a president to do yesterday, suspiciously right before "protest Saturday".
Hmmm, wonder if there's any connection?

You'll also notice that these comments come shortly after a whole bunch of public outcry from the black community about how he's done NOTHING for them since taking office.
Pandering at someone else's expense? You decide.

When he stated "It could've been me" my first thought was "too bad it wasn't, we wouldn't be dealing with the crud we're dealing with now if it had".

Old 07-20-2013, 08:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You'll notice POTUS did something highly irregular for a president to do yesterday, suspiciously right before "protest Saturday".
Hmmm, wonder if there's any connection?

You'll also notice that these comments come shortly after a whole bunch of public outcry from the black community about how he's done NOTHING for them since taking office.
Pandering at someone else's expense? You decide.

When he stated "It could've been me" my first thought was "too bad it wasn't, we wouldn't be dealing with the crud we're dealing with now if it had".
Yeah - because just before Obama became President - everything was just PEACHY, wasn't it?

Give me a break.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:25 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
"Trayvon Martin could have been me".....Is this an admission that obummer would have attacked Zimmerman too???

Seriously folks. It is not GZ's decision to follow TM that resulted in TM's death. It was TM's decision to attack GZ for following him that lead to his death.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Fair enough and well written. I agree, the world can be a horrible place. In this country, however, there tends to be a focus on the malice committed solely by "white" americans as if they are sole proprietors of poor treatment of others. In fact, as highlighted by both of us, in many ways "white" america is no where near the level of historic and current violence towards others as is the rest of the world.

At least in the US "white" America has provided a legal system, educational system and opportunity for individualism and freedom for all that although is not always the case is more than just lip service and a better model than the world has seen before.

I doubt that if the "keys" were given to any other race or ethnic group over the past there would have been any better opportunity or environment created for the enhancement of any other groups involved.
The quintessential failure in this type of [and your] argument is in not realizing that all Americans provided for the legal, econmic, judical, educational freedoms and liberties that are now being afforded all Ameicans. No one "provided" crap.

Race dreamers have a distorted illusion that they built this nation all on their own. The reality is that those Race dreamers that hold this delusion, have actually never personally contributed more to their "tribe's" precieved accomplishments than Lip service.

Taking credit for the precieved past actions from "others" in the tribe...all the while being as much as beneficiary as anyone else to the hard work of all others...is quintessential Race Dreamer's delusion.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
"Trayvon Martin could have been me".....Is this an admission that obummer would have attacked Zimmerman too???

Seriously folks. It is not GZ's decision to follow TM that resulted in TM's death. It was TM's decision to attack GZ for following him that lead to his death.
I think he meant the bigger picture. You know, beyond GZ and TM.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:27 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,322,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

And what would you do if you were followed by a stranger in the dark in an aggressive manner. Then that stranger gets out of his car and decides ton pursue you on foot?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
And what would you do if you were followed by a stranger in the dark in an aggressive manner. Then that stranger gets out of his car and decides ton pursue you on foot?
I would run home.

Could the president be talking about the drugs in Martin's system?

And speaking of the drugs in Martin's system, where do you think he got them?

Last edited by NCN; 07-20-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies