Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
he's still a fraud.

Yep, without the IRS would he be president. If the law required people to prove who they are, If he were unable to hide the facts behind Benghazi, without the nastiest, most divisive, most disgusting campaign would he be president, if people were not jealous of those who succeeded would he be president.

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
If obama was trevon martin, where would he be today?

ringo, you're a laugh riot.
Thank you, I do try.

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I would shoot them. Why do I have to run? I would stand my ground just like the law allows me to.
You sir would then end up in prison with a second degree murder conviction thanks to your misunderstanding of the stand your ground.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No - that's how he began his speech. THEN he led into accepting the verdict; THEN into . . . well, never mind. You can only hear what your bias will allow.
Well, let's see. Trayvon Martin has two black parents. George Zimmerman has a white father and a Hispanic mother from Peru. Obama has a white mother and a black father.

If he wants to make it racial, he could have just as easily said, "I could have been either one of these men." BUT HE DIDN'T. He chose sides to play politics with this tragedy. The POTUS has no business inserting himself in a case like this, but he saw the political opportunity and he doesn't miss political opportunities. It's too bad he didn't pay as much attention to the situation in Benghazi, we might have saved several American lives.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Yep, without the IRS would he be president. If the law required people to prove who they are, If he were unable to hide the facts behind Benghazi, without the nastiest, most divisive, most disgusting campaign would he be president, if people were not jealous of those who succeeded would he be president.
Are we going back to the birth certificate? Please say yes.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, let's see. Trayvon Martin has two black parents. George Zimmerman has a white father and a Hispanic mother from Peru. Obama has a white mother and a black father.

If he wants to make it racial, he could have just as easily said, "I could have been either one of these men." BUT HE DIDN'T. He chose sides to play politics with this tragedy. The POTUS has no business inserting himself in a case like this, but he saw the political opportunity and he doesn't miss political opportunities. It's too bad he didn't pay as much attention to the situation in Benghazi, we might have saved several American lives.
When all else fails - drag out the failed Benghazi hearings. Let's talk about Iraq.

Were you so full of hate for a President that needlessly sent 4700 young men into a battle to die for no reason? Were you?

I'm just curious. I wasn't a part of this discussion back then.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:42 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
And then went on to pick sides by saying he could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago. Did YOU listen to the whole speech?

TM's parents and lawyers have shown more sensitivity to race relations than failed King Obama. He's getting exactly the kind of response he wants, too. He'd be thrilled to see the arguments on this thread and he's hoping for unrest at the rallies over the weekend. All of it distracts from his administration's criminal corruption, which is slowly but surely being unmasked. As well as his and his administration's sheer incompetence.
I don't understand how that is "picking sides". He's sharing his experience. As someone who the deniers hold up as an example of why Racism doesn't even exist anymore ("If Obama can be President, then you have no case, so get your lazy ass back to work" people), he is in a position to make a point, that even the most sucessful black people are still subject to profiling and "pre-conceptions".

The fact that you are not even willing to hear it is evidence that you are not willing to change.

And I'll restate AGAIN, I'm no Obama fan, he's as corrupt as ANY politician might be at the Presidential level. You simply can't get there in our present system without being owned by special interest. That being said, it's my opinion that we are better off now, under his crappy leadership, than we were under George W's even worse administration. Your opinion may surely differ.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
You hear what you want to hear and nothing more. You would have to listen to the rest of the speech.

You see - a black president - and seemingly cannot see (or hear) beyond that.
You see a black president and you kiss his feet. You buy into everything that Obama and the media say about him. There is NO, NONE, NADA perfect man but you seem to think Obama is. Why,... because he is black.

I'll throw a wrench in your sad (poor me) world view. OBAMA IS HALF WHITE. I'll bet that chaps your ass. Oh and by the way, I don't like the white part of him either.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Quote:
I'm curious where all these right-wingers got their degree?

Clearly - you failed to listen to the speech. He repeated - the jury has spoken; we have to accept it; and that's how our system works. Did you not hear that part?

But why is he talking about in the first place???

Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You see a black president and you kiss his feet. You buy into everything that Obama and the media say about him. There is NO, NONE, NADA perfect man but you seem to think Obama is. Why,... because he is black.

I'll throw a wrench in your sad (poor me) world view. OBAMA IS HALF WHITE. I'll bet that chaps your ass. Oh and by the way, I don't like the white part of him either.
What makes you think you know me? You certainly do not.

What in the world makes you think that I think Obama is perfect? He's a politician, for Gods sake.

Your continued focus on half black/half white - says a lot more about you than it does about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies