Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
And no, smoking marijuana doesn't make you a thug - that is unless you consider Cheech and Chong thugs.
"Bailiff! Whack his pee pee!"

Besides, if smoking weed automatically makes someone a thug, then there are probably more than a few middle-aged grandmas on this very board who would be considered a thug, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
The problem is generally when these two forces collide, one ends up dead and the other in jail.
Yep.

TM has been eliminated. Good for us.

The rest of us now have to hope GZ trips over his own feet when it's his time to go to prison/die. Sure there's a chance he doesn't endanger anyone else cuz of this but only time will tell.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Evidently there are millions of Americans who now believe that their court system- the jury method is dysfunctional. So what are you going to do about this disorder in the order of law and order...cause more disorder? As they say "You can not cast out Satan with Satan" _someone had better start lobbying for judicial - electoral and law enforcement reform...apparently you might have a lot of work ahead of you...BUT it is the quick non fix of mob violence that is the route of least resistance...the easy way out is not the best way out.

Have you ever considered that the Average American who sits on a jury might not be that bright? Have you ever considered that law makers and some judges do not belong in their positions of power? If that is the case - I suggest that those who want change - continue with higher education - let them enter law school- let them reform the system...chanting in the street or mobbing out and destroying property only makes things worse...You want change YOU BE THE CHANGE.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
There is no hate crime to charge him on.

He didn't deliberately set out to kill some punk Black kid.
you don't have to convince me.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:06 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Trayvon Martin at the age of 9 saved his dad's life, and yet the Zimmerman worshipers consider Zimmerman a hero for saving a life & they call Trayvon, (also a hero) a thug.
Using said logic, Zimmerman is a murderer. Why do Zimmerman worshipers back murderers?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:07 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Evidently there are millions of Americans who now believe that their court system- the jury method is dysfunctional. So what are you going to do about this disorder in the order of law and order...cause more disorder? As they say "You can not cast out Satan with Satan" _someone had better start lobbying for judicial - electoral and law enforcement reform...apparently you might have a lot of work ahead of you...BUT it is the quick non fix of mob violence that is the route of least resistance...the easy way out is not the best way out.

Have you ever considered that the Average American who sits on a jury might not be that bright? Have you ever considered that law makers and some judges do not belong in their positions of power? If that is the case - I suggest that those who want change - continue with higher education - let them enter law school- let them reform the system...chanting in the street or mobbing out and destroying property only makes things worse...You want change YOU BE THE CHANGE.

I agree, however, the US have bigger fish to fry-like the economy and Detroit going belly up...

Trust me, I would NEVER have a jury decide my fate...I would take my chances with the judge

Old 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
I don't think Zimmerman was getting out to help, he was getting out to investigate. He was suspicious because the car had a hood.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:09 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
"Bailiff! Whack his pee pee!"

Besides, if smoking weed automatically makes someone a thug, then there are probably more than a few middle-aged grandmas on this very board who would be considered a thug, as well.
yEP---- My now departed mother in law who was 75...like to take a few puffs on occasion. Was she a thug? Well come to think of it...hidden and restrained behind her polite and proper demeanor was the Queen of thugs.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I agree, however, the US have bigger fish to fry-like the economy and Detroit going belly up...

Trust me, I would NEVER have a jury decide my fate...I would take my chances with the judge
If you're guilty, choose a jury.
If you're innocent, go with the judge.
If you're guilty, don't take the stand.
If you're innocent, take the stand.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Trayvon Martin at the age of 9 saved his dad's life, and yet the Zimmerman worshipers consider Zimmerman a hero for saving a life & they call Trayvon, (also a hero) a thug.
That's the bit I don't get. From what I can tell, this guy was minding his own business when Zimmerman hassled him. Things got out of hand and a guy got shot. Well, the shooter claimed self defense and the state couldn't prove otherwise so the guy walks free, and this is how it should be. But I don't see where Martin was transformed from a guy minding his own business into some ticking time bomb Zimmerman saved society from through his selfless actions. That bit is weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies