Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 04:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Huh? Working people serve on juries all the time. Your knowledge of jury duty is lacking.
No - yours is. Do you know how many educated people pull strings to get out of jury duty???

I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
MSNBC won't mention it, but if you look at the larger than average grimace on their ugly faces you'll know they're thinking about it.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're black, been profiled and survived?

Sounds like to me someone has taken personal responsibility in the face of a clearly (still) racist society/criminal justice system.

Are you and I pleased that walking into a 7-11 while leaving your hoodie up is incorrect behavior for males, especially black males?

No, but I bet neither one of us do it.

It's like O'Mara talked about after the trial: the system is still racist. I know it. I'm in it. Personally, I see economic class as just as big of an issue if not moreso but that's another thread. This just wasn't a case that exemplifies what is going on in that paradigm as O'Mara pointed out.

We KNOW TM was a punk thug. Not because he was black but because of his paper trail. We know GZ was a defiant, over-zealous, bully with a record of trouble. Not because he was Hispanic but because of his paper trail.

When you have as much dirt on your record as these 2 did it usually ends this way. While the system has its flaws you do it a disservice to point to this case in terms of fixing the flaws.

I work in corrections. Do you think me/my coworkers lose sleep when the idiots turn on each other? Hell no. We'd prefer it if they'd eliminate each other so you and me can live in peace and then address the real issues.
There was something simple that you wrote regarding keeping a hoodie on when you enter a building...The old protocol of respect that took place decades ago consisted of men -removing head gear if you entered someones home or even a public building. It was considered impolite. There was a reason for this...it was to show you meant no offence and you bared your persona to show "This is who I am" You did not hide yourself...you stepped up to the plate of mutual respect.

As culture supposedly evolves ...it seems to in some cases be de-evolving. The old term HOOD - or criminal originated back in the day when men wore robes and a criminal or hood would cover their head in order to lose their identity. Some of the stylizing that occurs with today's black youth is in part culture borrowed form the criminal class...as some sort of rebellion against authority - this is bound to have negative effect on society. The hoodie is slowly going out of fashion thank God. As for the slack ass baggy pant look that has been around for a while now...when you see a 35 year old male wearing this out of date gear they simply look immature and low class...I see white kids adopting this "look" - Little do youth understand they are starting to look out of style.

Black entertainers if they had any real social responsibility they would at least try to set some sort of good example- but instead they just debase black society and suck the few dollars out of their pockets to by their stupid products both musical and in supposed fashion.

What happened to the days when young black men wore suits and a straight pair of polished shoes...and a fine hat that they could tip in respect? NO please don't post a picture of a guy in a Zoot suit.. The point I am making is that tradition - great black tradition and culture is fading away. Do they not remember the past? It seems more white people are more aware of great black culture of the past than young black kids.

When you listen to a great guitar solo by BB king...or a great tale being told by Howling Wolf - Muddy waters or Lightning Hopkins..........they don't even know who Hopkins was....I am white and I do!

For some reason black in the no so distant past looked for their heritage in Africa never to accurately find it...When all this time their heritage and culture exists here...through the 20s and 30s - there was a huge wave of black culture of such superb quality - that white people could not even keep up with- in fact they copied black culture- because it was real and sincere. It's a shame that this is now forgotten and all we have is the clang and boom from a computer generated program that has no soul....Do you remember why they called some black music SOUL.....BECAUSE IT WAS - THE SOUL AND SPIRIT OF A GREAT CULTURE.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Orlando Sentinel reporter tweeted that the 911 calls from the accident said vehicle was smoking and seemed to be catching on fire. NBC currently editing tape backwards to show Zimmerman pushing family into burning car.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
That Georgie - he's just like Superman ain't he? Leaping tall buildings in a single bound; shooting teen-age kids with nary a scratch; and now saving a family from a burning car.

Always at the right place at just the right time.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,605,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue - ABC News

Now only if he had just stayed in his vehicle ......

Good on George for helping out. Guys life is in danger from vigilantes and he stops to help someone out, not caring what color they were.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Orlando Sentinel reporter tweeted that the 911 calls from the accident said vehicle was smoking and seemed to be catching on fire. NBC currently editing tape backwards to show Zimmerman pushing family into burning car.
Still the tin foil crowd will say he staged the accudent.

Last edited by VLWH; 07-22-2013 at 06:05 PM..

Old 07-22-2013, 05:51 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue - ABC News

Now only if he had just stayed in his vehicle ......

Good on George for helping out. Guys life is in danger from vigilantes and he stops to help someone out, not caring what color they were.
What "color' were they ??? Was the SUV " Black" ???

I'm sure Obama can claim he might have a relative that might look like one of them. I'm sure the President or one of his cronies can spin this for political advantage.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
he never talked to the police until he was sitting on the curb nursing his head wound from the vicious attack from skittles.

trials over, not quilty.
let go, y'all look pathetic.
Oh, I don't know. Ninety percent of the threads started here after the trial are by zimbots.

Why don't THEY let it go????

Seems the zimbots are so utterly depraved and disgusting that they must stomp on the body of a teenager who's been dead for over a year.

Too bad for them, Porky already killed Trayvon; he cannot be killed again.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No - yours is. Do you know how many educated people pull strings to get out of jury duty???

I guess not.
I feel sorry that don't want to do jury duty but are not smart enough to get out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies