Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Birth Certificate View Post
I've been in contact with a staffer at a congressman's office who is committed to this birth certificate investigation. It wont be a bill but will be a resolution to form a congressional committee to investigate.
This is made of win for the Democrats. It will force Republicans to either take a stand and condemn this witch hunt for exactly what it is, or cower in fear of the crazies in the party and go along with it. Neither is a good prospect for any sane Republican. Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever get to that point. Like all things birther, this will fail before it gets off the ground.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
I've been in contact with a staffer at a congressman's office who is committed to this birth certificate investigation. It wont be a bill but will be a resolution to form a congressional committee to investigate.
And the backpedaling begins... again.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:05 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And what will that accomplish?
Again , who gives a rats ###anyway. Most of the smoke screens are to give some sanctification to the minions that they are doing something , when of coarse they are not. One of the reasons Mitch Mconall will not be elected, the People want the business of the day done !

Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
No backpedaling whatsoever.
Oh? You just went from "a bill," blew right past a congressional investigation, left a congressional committee investigation in the rear view mirror, and have settled (for now) on a "resolution to form" a congressional committee to investigate. Of course there is no resolution either... merely the proposal of a resolution. And not even from the congressman, but from " a staffer at a congressman's office."

Backpedaling cannot get any more furious than that.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Again , who gives a rats ###anyway. Most of the smoke screens are to give some sanctification to the minions that they are doing something , when of coarse they are not. One of the reasons Mitch Mconall will not be elected, the People want the business of the day done !
The point is that this is an opportunity for people to learn more about how their government functions.

Hundreds of resolutions get introduced into Congress each session. Some of those resolutions reflect actions taken in Congress. When Congress selected John Boehner as the Speaker, there is a resolution to select John Boehner as Speaker, and a resolution to notify the President that John Boehner has been selected as a Speaker. There are resolutions that affect certain committees. There is a resolution to honor the Polish officials who were lost in a plane crash. If a notable person in Congressman Z's state dies, there may be a resolution to honor that notable person. In January of this year there was a Resolution expressing no faith in the Attorney General and asking him to resign. That didn't happen. Resolutions are just some members of Congress getting together to make a public statement. Joint Resolutions, on the other hand, are handled like bills, and, with the exception of a Joint Resolution to amend the Constitution, Joint Resolutions have to be signed by the President so that they may take effect.

When someone working in a Congressman's office tells a birther they are working on a resolution, the question has to be, to do what? In this case, what are they working on? A resolution doesn't take any work. It's not a law. If it's going to cost money (and investigations cost money, folks, just look at the Whitewater investigation), it's got to be more than a resolution.

So when someone working in a Congressman's office tells someone they are working on a resolution, you got to wonder, are they throwing you a bone so that you'll go away and chew on that awhile? Because that's what this sounds like.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
A congressional committee WILL be formed to investigate this matter.
Doubtful.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
A congressional committee WILL be formed to investigate this matter.
Oh my god.... I wish, I wish, I WISH a congressional committee would be formed to "investigate this matter." Nothing would be more entertaining than to watch the symphony of exploding birther heads as their idiotic and incompetent theories were exposed in such a venue. It would be the grand payoff for five years of birther watching. It would be the Verdi Opera of birther fail.

But not being a delusional nutburger, I know what will actually happen here. Stockman and Yoho will continue to string you along, pandering to your nuttiness so as not to lose your vote, coo in your ear, make nice birther friendly noises...

And ultimately ignore you completely.

This "staffer" to whom you spoke with trying to let you down gently. No... not a bill after all. A "resolution to form a committee." Want to ride bikes?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:37 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,940,895 times
Hahahahahahaha.............any Congressman who wastes their time on this or any other birther committee will be voted out the next election cycle.

It's a waste of money and a waste of time and if found true the it's Bush and Cheney's fault.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
This has been in the works for several months behind closed doors. It will happen.
Any. Day. Now. Really, THIS time we MEAN it! LOL.

I wish to God you were right about this. I would love to see the R's deal with this issue head on, instead of all the ducking and dodging they've been doing for the last five years trying not to upset the wingnuts while not actually ever coming right out and either embracing or rejecting this crap. I'm all for forcing them to take a stand. Either way, it's a win for the other side.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:47 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,940,895 times
I heard from an unnamed staffer for an unnamed Congressman that there were closed door, secret meetings about kidnapping Justin Bieber and ransoming him to Canada in exchange for oil profits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies